• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal wins Best Game at the BAFTA Game Awards

Well deserved, Returnal is my 2021 GOTY.

I'm also currently playing Resogun. I didn't played it when it released and I'm having a blast now.
All of their games are great. Super stardust is one of the most addictive twin stick shooters ever. It's almost as good as Resogun, which is the most unique twin stick I've ever played. Nex Machina is awesome too but not quite as repayable maybe. Even dead nation and alienation are good. I wish they'd patch those two games for 60 fps though ..dead nation is broken on ps5. Matterfall is probably their "worst game" and even that I good.

kyliethicc

Definitely gonna pick it up. Enjoy all their games, just cleaning up some backlog.
Jimbo thanks you for your continued support.

lfuuUCl.jpg

Jennings

With Returnal winning 2021, and Elden Ring already hands down cementing its 2022 win, it looks like 2023 is going to be Microsoft's year to shine with Starfield after its upcoming delay.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I was about to post "I wish the US had something like this as well. . ." and remembered, sadly, we do. . .

ethomaz

Banned
For the life of me I still don’t understand how this game didn’t even make the final list of nominees for the Game Awards. It is by far and away the best game I’ve played since God of War 2018 in terms of completeness and ‘wow’ factor.
Because it launched in the begin of the year.
So people just wanted to hype the fresh new games releasing near the holidays... even the ones that lacked everything.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Was interested to see the nominees:

DEATHLOOP Development Team - Arkane Lyon/Bethesda Softworks

FORZA HORIZON 5 Development Team - Playground Games/Xbox Game Studios

INSCRYPTION Development Team - Daniel Mullins Games/Devolver Digital

IT TAKES TWO Development Team - Hazelight Studios/Electronic Arts

RATCHET & CLANK: RIFT APART Development Team - Insomniac Games/Sony Interactive Entertainment

WINNER - RETURNAL Development Team – Housemarque/Sony Interactive Entertainment

On a side note...

Crazy that they didn't even nominate Halo Infinite, GAF's GoTY, right everyone? Right? Crazy huh? Since our community all loved that game so much that it's our GotY? Right? Crazy.

RATCHET & CLANK: RIFT APART Development Team - Insomniac Games/Sony Interactive Entertainment

On a side note...

Crazy that they didn't even nominate Halo Infinite, GAF's GoTY, right everyone? Right? Crazy huh? Since our community all loved that game so much that it's our GotY? Right? Crazy.

Abandon thread

Im Out GIF by Halo

ethomaz

Banned

On a side note...

The choices are alright… Deathloop was my second option.
I miss Village in the list through.

tommib

Well deserved. There’s still nothing like it in the market. A technical showcase with some of the best world building I’ve ever seen. Thickest atmosphere out there and 100% to my (dark) liking.

Game’s highly innovative in the way it randomises massive 3D levels run after run with some of the most spectacular bosses I’ve ever seen. It’s always fresh and the highly addictive gameplay will make sure you try just one more time no matter how desperate you are. It’s the cutting-edge Metroid a lot of us have been waiting for.

At a time when I thought I wouldn’t have a new favourite game, Returnal came to make me believe AAA productions can still deliver proper action games in an adult setting dripped with horror and the latest graphical advancements. It’s a game that shouldn’t exist in this cinematic-obsessed panorama but somehow everything was greenlighted and an action classic was born.

Housemarque along with From are now making the only games I really look forward to.

Haven’t tried the free DLC yet since I haven’t been at home for weeks now. Can’t wait to go up that tower and catch some syphilis.😛

With Returnal winning 2021, and Elden Ring already hands down cementing its 2022 win, it looks like 2023 is going to be Microsoft's year to shine with Starfield after its upcoming delay.
Next year Naughty Dog will be coming back, Insomniac has 2 games scheduled and god knows what else. Starfield (a game we've seen a single picture) isn't a surefire GOTY winner in any way. Maybe just...wait and see how next year's games are released first.

EDMIX

Respect.

I think its great to honor teams really trying new things.

To those who keep asking for new settings, new ideas, at least praise teams that actually really do that.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Great game.

However, I thought the game got slightly worse with the new update. The game makes me want to slap some MFers while playing co-op.

Its awesome if you like HouseMarque games, dont be put off by dying lol
I actually surprised myself and beat the first boss on my first attempt. Didn't want to press my luck so hit the second biome and quickly suspended that bitch. I'm dreading the horrors that await.

Side note and off topic: Since I'm apparently a masochist, would anyone recommend Sifu? All the other games I'm playing hurt me good, would that fit?

Top Bottom