• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal wins Best Game at the BAFTA Game Awards

kyliethicc

The BAFTAs (British Game Awards) for 2021 were today.

Returnal led the show with 9 nominations and won 4 awards for Best Game, Audio, Music, and Leading Performer.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart won 2 awards for Technical Achievement and Animation.

It Takes Two won 2 awards for Original Property and Multiplayer.

Unpacking won 2 awards for Narrative and EE Game of the Year (fan voted.)

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Happy If You Say So GIF

sircaw

Banned
The BAFTAs (British Game Awards) for 2021 were today.

Returnal led the show with 9 nominations and won 4 awards for Best Game, Audio, Music, and Leading Performer.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart won 2 awards for Technical Achievement and Animation.

It Takes Two won 2 awards for Original Property and Multiplayer.

Unpacking won 2 awards for Narrative and EE Game of the Year (fan voted.)

From what i have seen and what friends have told me, it is well deserved. 👍

Nice to see one hell of a great studio getting rewarded.

Last edited:

Rudius

I have being playing the free DLC. The game is fantastic and controls perfectly. My only complaint is the difficulty.

Kilau

Gold Member
Guess I’ll play Returnal on plus premium or whatever. Unpacking is one of those overhyped indie darlings, brain dead “puzzles”.

arvfab

Banned
Congratulations to all winners.

GOTY is well deserved. Returnal was really an outstanding experience last year. Will dive into the DLC once I got my platinum in Elden Ring.

Also well deserved 3 awards for the best looking, Pixar quality R&C (3rd one being for best fur in gaming).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Thats pretty amazing tbh. They made a great game. I bought it again recently to level up some of the end game weapons and while it was kind of a pain in the ass, it was fun to see the final form of the weapons. i ended up playing it for a good 50 hours. It's a great game.

Top Bottom