• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal(PS5) Pricing and Game Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the game cost so much? I literally can't play the game for too long without thinking about the price.
Returnal feels like a indie game that should cost $40 at the most.

I really hope that this is not the universal pricing of all games. Sony is crazy for charging this much money
for indie games when something like Game Pass exist. You can get 7 months of Game Pass for the price of this "indie" game.

I like Housemarque games and I don't think they're responsible for the pricing. Returnal is a good game that I'm having a hard time
really enjoying due to the price. IMHO, this game makes a strong case for Xbox Game Pass.

Sorry if this comes off as a rant. My original reason for starting this thread was to bring awareness to the pricing and to inform those on
the fence about paying the full price for the game.

Interfectum

Why does the game cost so much? I literally can't play the game for too long without thinking about the price.

I really hope that this is not the universal pricing of all games. Sony is crazy for charging this much money
for indie games when something like Game Pass exist. You can get 7 months of Game Pass for the price of this "indie" game.

I like Housemarque games and I don't think they're responsible for the pricing. Returnal is a good game that I'm having a hard time
really enjoying due to the price. IMHO, this game makes a strong case for Xbox Game Pass.

Sorry if this comes off as a rant. My original reason for starting this thread was to bring awareness to the pricing and to inform those on
You bought the game and you are stressing out about the price while playing it? I don't understand.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Another GamePass thread...

Jim Carrey Scream GIF

ethomaz

Banned
If Sony had something similar to Game Pass would Returnal still be priced at $70?
Yes... all games on PS are priced $70.
Except the small ones that are priced $40 I believe.

You can buy it cheaper in some months at retail... digital I believe it will take some flash sales in some years to get it cheaper.

Last edited:
hy does the game cost so much? I literally can't play the game for too long without thinking about the price.

Don't buy stuff you can't afford.

I've got no issue with the price. The game is great.

Interfectum

If Sony had something similar to Game Pass would Returnal still be priced at $70?
They do have something similar to Game Pass, it's called PS Now. And whenever Microsoft decides to release a next-gen game for Xbox it will most likely be priced at $70. So...

Erdrick

Games aren't cheap to make. I like supporting developers that make a quality product. I also have no desire for some game pass anything. I prefer to buy games as I wish. And by all accounts I've heard so far, Returnal is absolutely worth the purchase. I've really liked Housemarque's stuff since Super Stardust HD on the PS3, so once I find a PS5, this will definitely be on my radar to purchase.

Stuart360

Dude i LOVE Gamepass but this just comes acrross as cringy.
Yes if Returnal was coming years later down the line when multiple games were releasing every month, it wouldnt cost $70. Sony are taking advantage of software starved gamers, and thats their right.
If i was on PS5, i'd wait for a sale personally, but it is what it is. And its stupid to buy the game then moan about it.

This is embarrassing to me. This isnt Nintendo. The game will be 40 bucks in 3 months. Either wait if you dont have the means. Or buy the game.

Sony doesnt have to pull a HBO max or Gp. Where they lose money for years until subscriber monthly revenue overcomes game licensing fees.

Reckheim

then don't buy it, no one is forcing you to do anything. Vote with your wallet. if $70 is something you constantly think about, then maybe buying expensive games for expensive consoles shouldn't really be your thing.

kretos

Banned
Is Jim Ryan putting a gun to your head to buy the game at 70$? don't want to pay 70$ for game then well don't and wait for a sale

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I know YOu like to throw moneyt around and protect indies but they are sony funded.
The game is not 80 euro worth. It is essentially Enter the gungeon but with nice graphics and a bit less happening... I will get it since I love rogue lites but 80euro is like 3 days of salary worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom