• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal pre-order suits can cause glitches and crashes

SLB1904

Banned
just a heads up for people having crashes and glitches

it happens to me as well
the pre-order suits can cause a glitch in the game where it will prevent the character from interacting with anything that means those automatic doors won't open

this is getting buried in the OT that's why i thought in making the thread

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Another One Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

for the broken launch game pile

getting pretty high

Skyfox

Thanks bro I totally forgot about my preorder code. Havent used it yet. Guess I'll wait.

LOVE THIS GAMMMMMME

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Wrong. Game crashes regardless of what suits you use. I’ve experienced this myself and so have my friends and many people on Reddit/Era, using the default suit the entire time.

It’s a fun game but badly needs a patching.

SLB1904

Banned
Wrong. Game crashes regardless of what suits you use. I’ve experienced this myself and so have my friends and many people on Reddit/Era, using the default suit the entire time.

It’s a fun game but badly needs a patching.
I haven't had any glitch since so.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
In the first area I noticed that if you skip the large medkit "purchase" cutscene... sometimes you can't interact with doors and you have to restart the loop.
This has happened to me randomly in the first area as well, twice.... using the default suit. I just can't open the door.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
That really sucks. I have 2 pre-order suits and have been lucky that I haven't seen any crashes or other bugs yet. I have been swapping the suit every other run, maybe that helped me avoid any issues? IDK, but I haven't had any issues with putting the game in rest mode or crashes at all. Rock solid, but I've only got a 5 hours in so far.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I've played without the pre-order suits and haven't had a single crash. Sucks for people wanting Selene to look different, probably best to wait for a patch.

9 hours of play. I’ve had the game crash once and had two runs glitch out to where I couldn’t open doors or interact with anything.

I switch suits every few runs, can’t remember which suit I was wearing when any of these three issues popped up.

I’m sure a patch is already in the pipeline.

Bartski

Gold Member
Haven't seen a single bug playing for almost 3 days straight outside item pickup cutscenes, one audio glitch out and I've been playing different suits.

Trophies are broken however and the activity card system even more so, very disappointing to see for a PS5 exclusive showcasing its OS features.

Last edited:

hoplie

Guess i am lucky then. Always was using the preorder suits, never had a crash or glitch in about 15h playtime.

Top Bottom