• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal, are you dipping or waiting?

kungfuian

Folks on other site are reporting the day 1 patch version is suffering quite a few crashes. Picked up a physical copy (arrives over weekend) but I'll wait till they iron that shit out before I really jump in. Crashes in a game that makes you start over each run and has no save states sounds frustrating as fuck.

Speaking of which; I bought a copy because the reviews are really really good, but I am a little concerned that the game will be too hard for me. The random rooms and weapons, combined with the inability to grind, sounds intimidating. For ref, I beat all the souls games so I'm not foreign to harder games, but those games let you grind and memorize runs when needed.

This game sounds like an entirely new kind of beast. I don't know. I know everyone's on about developers staying true to their vision and all that shit, but seriously I hope they end up providing a slightly nerfed mode for less skilled gamers, and at minimum a mid run save option.

Top Bottom