• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal 2.0 update - incl Suspend Cycle and photo mode

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Did you ever turn the system on rest mode while playing?
I beat biome 1-3 on my first go where tehre is an auto save. Even if I used the rest mode after that it worked fine. Also the game isnt a slow burn, you can get through it quick. Ive beaten it multiple times with quick run throughs. Once you know the patterns its easy. I beat the final boss with a shotgun

dat ass

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
So you're saying everyone should put the console in rest mode instead of having a simpler function for that ingame? Are you an idiot?
are you saying you cant beat a game and or dont want to lose progress because of lack of skill and or death? Born in 3D gamers are amazing, cant even beat games with save functions

Bartski

Gold Member
Scum how? The quicksave is deleted as soon as you load your game, like any quicksave. It even blocks you from saving during combat.
What do you mean? Its stored when you quit, backing it up to cloud is so fast on PS5 this is literally a save anywhere function, that the OS provides you with

Last edited:
What do you mean? Its stored when you quit, backing it up to cloud is so fast on PS5 this is literally a save anywhere function, that the OS provides you with
So you're saying you can quicksave, turn the game off. Upload to the cloud. Reload the quicksave, which deletes it on your system. Play until you die, then exit out of the game. Go to the cloud saves menu and then resync the quick save and reload it?

I guess it's possible but I'd be surprised if it works.

Bartski

Gold Member
So you're saying you can quicksave, turn the game off. Upload to the cloud. Reload the quicksave, which deletes it on your system. Play until you die, then exit out of the game. Go to the cloud saves menu and then resync the quick save and reload it?

I guess it's possible but I'd be surprised if it works.
Exactly, of course it works in every game same way. Its an OS function, not the game itself. Also on the PS5 its like 10x faster than on PS4, super easy and hassle free

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm happy to see a photo mode since this is what the game was really missing.

Would love to see additional content.

tommib

I'm happy to see a photo mode since this is what the game was really missing.

Would love to see additional content.
Yeap, photo mode is pretty fun here. I just did some quick screens but will spend some time finding the most chaotic particle orgy and then sail around it with the camera.

Bartski

Gold Member

wait what……… ok. So this means they specifically developed it to prevent scumming? Holy shit I stand corrected. This is AMAZING, gonna test thanks!

Edit: I have no way to check roght now, but wht this means they really mamaged to develop a method most likely in collab with sony, so that the cloud backup is „partial” or something, no other game I know if behaves that way. This is actually incredible, I’d love to see that feature implemented in every game where you can „cheat” this way, now that its so easy in PS5.

HUGE W

Edit: HUGE L, no looks like it's your regular save state summable as in every other game from OS.

Last edited:

saintjules

Awesome news on Suspend option.....definitely going to pick this up now. Is the story good on this or was it just something tossed in there?

Not tossed in imo. It's basic, but compelling in ways where you want to learn more about Selene each time new story bits come up.

Sometimes simple is better, especially for a game like this.

nowhat

Many reason like auto game updates that closed games or a system update on reset mode.
Tangentially related - wasn't it so on PS4 that system updates were not automatically installed even if you had automatic updates enabled? Anyway, there definitely should be an option to enable automatic game/app updates (not while a game/app is running of course) while disabling automatic system updates. If there already is, TIL.

Swift_Star

Banned
What is it with games and photo modes?

This is NOT a critic to the game, but to photo modes in general...
Only game I ever took screenshots was fh4 and just because I would get $$ to buy cars, I never even saved them

Feel like every game today has to have photo mode...
Don't use it then, some people like it, it's an easy feature to implement... It doesn't need to make sense to you for it to exist.

Top Bottom