• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Studios hires Battlefield and Star Wars artist as VFX lead

Mista

Banned
metroid-prime-4.jpg

Retro Studios has hired a number of VFX artists as it continues to ramp up production of Metroid Prime 4.

Adad Morales, who previously worked on Battlefield Hardline and the cancelled Star Wars Ragtag project at EA’s Visceral studio, has been hired as Retro’s new VFX lead, it’s been confirmed

Morales also worked on a cancelled StarCraft first-person shooter at Blizzard, according to his personal website. Some examples of his work can be seen via the video embeds on this page.

Bryan Erck, who was previously the lead VFX artist for Crystal Dynamics’ Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Nicholas Wilson, who spent 12 years at Borderlands studio Gearbox, have also joined Retro as senior VFX artists.

StormCell

Interesting.

I wonder... I'd just like to know how far along they are, and whether the project is going well finally.

The Shepard

After reading visceral and remembering dead space made me realise I wouldn't mind metroid prime 4 going 3rd person instead of 1st. I don't mind either but may be an idea to make it feel fresh and new compared to the other 3.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hell of a resume, working on Battlefield and Star Wars will serve purpose in any game really.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Good to see them hiring more quality staff. It wouldn’t surprise me if Metroid Prime 4 was a Switch 2 (cross gen ofc) launch title targeting Winter 2022.

D.Final

Banned
metroid-prime-4.jpg

Retro Studios has hired a number of VFX artists as it continues to ramp up production of Metroid Prime 4.

Adad Morales, who previously worked on Battlefield Hardline and the cancelled Star Wars Ragtag project at EA’s Visceral studio, has been hired as Retro’s new VFX lead, it’s been confirmed

Morales also worked on a cancelled StarCraft first-person shooter at Blizzard, according to his personal website. Some examples of his work can be seen via the video embeds on this page.

Bryan Erck, who was previously the lead VFX artist for Crystal Dynamics’ Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Nicholas Wilson, who spent 12 years at Borderlands studio Gearbox, have also joined Retro as senior VFX artists.

Some trailer soon?

Top Bottom