I want to know what the fuck is taking this game so goddamn long. This is what pisses me off about so many of these retro games. They get stuck and just sort of stop.IMO, the cream of the crop right now when it comes to throwback fps'.
My favorites that I own (have played a few more but not put the same kind of time into)
2. WRATH Aeon of Ruin - I know this is early access but what is there is so good, and is my #2.
3. Project Warlock - Just really enjoyed the gameplay of this one.
4. AMID EVIL - Very solid, beautiful game, crazy art direction.
5. Ion Fury - Looks insane for a build engine game. Overstays it's welcome, but still a good purchase and easily worth it's asking price.
6. STRAFE - One of the first of these throwback / retro shooters to come out. It was ok.
I have played Nightmare Reaper and it's very solid with great gunplay and neat graphics but haven't played enough to form a valid opinion. I've played a bit of Hedon and it was really interesting. I think you can get it for free or you can buy a better? version on steam. I didn't like the Hellbound demo. I plan to dive into Overload when the time is right.
For example, where the fuck is Kingpin Remastered. That was announced back in 2019 or so and not a peep. Sounded so promising....ugh.