• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Achievements |OT| A New Take on Old Games

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I somehow missed this news, but a few weeks ago Retro Achievements added support for Sega Dreamcast

Honestly some really good stuff in there I'm going to have to play through.

Hopefully this means we're getting closer to PS2 and Gamecube games being supported. That would be amazing.

I somehow missed this news, but a few weeks ago Retro Achievements added support for Sega Dreamcast

Honestly some really good stuff in there I'm going to have to play through.

Hopefully this means we're getting closer to PS2 and Gamecube games being supported. That would be amazing.
Holy shit, this is big.

I can go plat Soulcalibur now 😂

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Achievement support will be included in the next major release of PCSX2 on October 1, on all supported platforms. The separate build is only temporary.

So - it looks like October 1st will be the rollout for PS2 achievements. As of last week, they had over 60 sets completed, and their developers are doing internal testing. They've also added PlayStation 2 to their dropdown menu on the main site.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I started FF1 on NES back up the other day. I forgot how much grinding there is. I'm playing on hardcore mode too, so no fast forwarding for me.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So that was a lie. I read over the constraints tied to hardcore mode achievements--turns out, fast forward does not count against you.

jshackles

PS2 achievements are now live. Requires PCSX2 (for now). I tried playing Katamari Damacy earlier, and it worked great! Really excited to see more games inevitably added to this list.

Top Bottom