• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn is developing a new single player title set in a "unique universe"

TrueLegend

They are talented. But just like how platinum patched nier automata, I want them to revisit Jedi Fallen Order Streaming stutter. I know its an engine issue but they can improve it significantly. It's a very good game that deserves to become a very good product on the technical front too. Then i will care more.

jigglet

Banned
I bet it's early on, like 3-5 years away, but they were forced to say something to shut those Titanfall 2 DDOS'ers up.

It's going to be a painful wait I think.

jigglet

Banned
Damn, all I want is an actual good sequel to Titanfall MP. Titanfall 2 was garbage compared to the first.

THIS. One of the most mind blowing things I experienced last gen was ejecting from my Titan, flying off in the air, landing on another Titan, tearing off its skull and shooting its brains out. Oh. My. God. And that was removed from T2. Dah fuq?

I can't even remember some of the other changes they made but I recall scratching my head thinking: you serious guys? You had a winning formula, all you had to do was repeat that with a bigger budget...

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A recent job posting on Respawn Entertainment's website appears to hint at an unannounced project being a first-person shooter of sorts as the team is looking to hire an experienced Lead Combat Designer for the title. At the moment it is unclear if this is related to Apex Legends or an entirely new IP.

Respawn Entertainment explains on its site that it is ideally searching for a candidate that is intimately familiar in areas of enemy design, AI behavior, control, combat/weapons, class design, progression with regards to skills, story, and boss encounters. Quite the resume needed, as Respawn would like the role to be filled by someone who can focus on innovating in the combat experiences space that ensures players of every skill level can enjoy. Additionally, along with being able to collaborate with others in a team setting, the candidate would need to work with the Game Director to ensure that enemy designs and combat systems are seen through from creative conception to completion. The unannonuced project appears to be using Unreal Engine 4 as well.

Candidates will need numerous years of experience (around 5+ years) working in the industry as a designer for combat and its associated systems and having had knowledge of shipping out at least one game. Along with Unreal Engine 4 experience Respawn once again states that the candidate must have a superb background in enemy and boss design and an excellent grasp of timing which insuates that this FPS title will be a quick and snappy shooter. Finally, whoever applies would also need to have impeccable interdepartmental communcations skills, ensuring every aspect of the creative vision is realized.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
"candidate must have a superb background in enemy and boss design"

Good to hear. Titanfall 2 is one of the precious few Western games with fun bosses.

DoomGyver

The most wildly overrated studio.
james franco GIF

JoeBudden

I award thee GAF's "Take That" tag, worst hot take of the year. Fallen Order and Apex Legends are two of the best games in recent times.

I play Apex Legends competitively since launch, I can write a book on all the stupid design ideas in that game or the aggressive monetization, and Fallen Order is cool but it's not that special.

(I'm NOT saying these games are bad)

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Respawn, overrated??

Released Titanfall 1&2, Jedi Fallen Order and Apex legends in what, 6 years?

They are a spectacular studio. Hands down EA’s best property

Top Bottom