• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Zero finally beat the third boss last night

Cutty Flam

Banned
Only problem is, everything is fucked to the point where I need to go back smfh...

Lol this game is RUTHLESS! I would have been better suited, for my mental health alone, to hire a fucking coach to teach me the basics of this game for an hour or two than to have gone in alone on this endeavor. Don’t get me wrong, I love Resident Evil games and a challenge, but this game fits the title all too well. There were actually evil devs involved in making this game lmao. The fucking flying baboon monkeys, hunters that slash to pieces before you can move, tarantulas that block 95% of the hallway, tight as fuck areas with zombies that require expertise movements to properly evade, the knife is literally a butter knife, the leech men take 4 fucking napalm grenades to kill unless you want to navigate the hallway with the two of them (takes 8!!!napalm rounds) alive with Billy and Rebecca some 4-5 times each. The list goes on and on

But I finally defeat the POS boss after what must have been 40-60 failures but then i have zero money, i dont have the hookshot, easy enough to get though in that room with the zombies. Only thing is, I have zero health, am in danger with both Billy/Rebecca, and these dipshit FUCKING BABOONS PLAGUE THE FUCKING MANSION!!!!!!!! Son of a fucking bitch. They take 2 shotgun shells a piece to lay down. There’s three of those damn monkeys in the balcony area where I needed to go. One in the fucking next room down the ladder (would have been two but I killed one of those fuckers at one point), there’s even a few fucking baboons guarding the shotgun that can hold 7 shells I set down before I had to rescue Rebecca and there previously were no baboons fml. I had to fight Satan’s Winged friend with the shotgun that only held two lollllll. I can’t even progress after the bat because I’ve exhausted all margin for error already (there never was much to begin with)

I think I’ll just go back to part where I have to rescue Rebecca from falling to her death (basically the equivalent of being kicked back in grade school three years) and somberly find my way back to where I am now I guess is what’s best now...

This game is maniacal

johntown

Banned
Yeah that bat was a pain. I don't recall much else in the game being too hard until you get to the end where there are a few annoying things.

Vawn

Banned
Is it necessary to create a new thread every day to talk about your progress in this old game? It reminds me of whoever it was that created several threads a day about one of the Assassin's Creed games (I can't remember which one, maybe Origins).

Last edited:

Mochilador

Is it necessary to create a new thread every day to talk about your progress in this old game? It reminds me of whoever it was that created several threads a day about one of the Assassin's Creed games (I can't remember which one, maybe Origins).

RE0 is driving the OP insane.

kiphalfton

Are you playing on default difficulty? Beat this game when I was in my early teens. Maybe I'm just repressing memories and it was way more difficult than I remember. That or we are all like teen Gohan, where we were just exceptional when we were younger, and somehow our skills regressed since then (since modern games, besides souls-like games, aren't particularly difficult)? Being semi serious, as people complain about portions of Jak II and I beat that game, as well as others that were supposedly a pain.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I put it on the toughest difficulty straight out the gate

It’s so tough, that I would consider myself a bad person for recommending any first time player of this game specifically, to play on this difficulty straight away. It would be as if I recommended to someone to solve a rubik’s cube, one-handed, underwater in the ocean with no eye protection

He probably shouldn’t be but I’ll take this over the endless threads of console warring any day.

Top Bottom