• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City First Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
FBD0o4uVgAMH-FN

“I wanted to go back to the horror of it all. I wanted scares and atmosphere rather than full-on action, I think fans of the game felt the same.
They wanted to see the iconic characters and locations and feel that the movie was more in line with the Resident Evil game world so that’s really why we chose to go in that direction.

We worked hand in hand with Capcom on this movie to the point that we actually got blueprints from them on the designs of the Spencer Mansion and Raccoon police station in order to recreate them as perfectly as we could.

We even have the exact artwork up on the mansion walls. Capcom saw it for the first time the other day and was so happy and excited.”

The movie will feature plenty of familiar faces from the first three Resident Evil Games:
Claire Redfield (Kaya Scodelario), Leon S. Kennedy (Avan Jogia), Albert Wesker (Tom Hopper), Brad Vickers (Nathan Dales), Jill Valentine (Hannah John-Kamen), and Chris Redfield (Robbie Amell) - as they attempt to find a way out of the zombie-infested city of the title.

1633611763-7409-photo.png
1633611764-2699-photo.png
1633611767-5532-photo.png
1633611767-6307-photo.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fermbiz

Gold Member
May not be releasing on Netflix, but i'll wait till it gets to Netflix... Or some other streaming service.

MiguelItUp

This is SO hilariously horrible. The CG looks god awful, the trailer design is awful, and the song choice, LMAO.

The film itself looks like it's leaning really hard into recreating some memorable moments from the games, but that won't save it.

I'm legit shocked this is going to theaters. It looks SO incredibly low budget in the worst ways. It looks like a fan film!

Actually, I bet fan films could be even better than this!

Last edited:

llLeonhart

Gold Member
Yep, looks as bad as the images previously shown.

I'm perplexed by how they choose Claire as the MC, and yet she looks like shit.

yurinka

Chris looks good, but the rest of the cast seem from a fan film or a C tier cosplay contest, and the song is terrible. But other than that looks good, what I'd ask for a Resident Evil movie.

From the trailer it looks like the town got taken over and they have to go to the mansion to find out what happened/stop it?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It looks pretty darn cheap and the CGI is. Well.. it speaks for itself.

FBG3dNBXMAIZ9LO

Yes, when I saw this I had flashbacks to the original Resident Evil movie. And the Spawn movie. It's sad when the actual CG films have better looking visuals than this. It's 2021.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Shit has the aesthetic, lighting of SAW, not really a something I would expect from RE.

jaysius

Banned
OMG the CGI is a complete abortion.

This is a high budget D-movie... odd.

I can't decide if this is meta as that's what RE always was. that, or if this is just pure trash.

Airbus Jr

Banned
How can the CGI look worse than the 2003 milla jovovich resident evil movie

This look low budget man

Also the raceswap jill and leon are unaceptable ffs

Last edited:

TexMex

Am I nuts? I’m a huge video game movie hater. I think every one of them are awful. But this…looks decent to me? Did I wake up on the right side of the bed or something?

At least it looks like it’s made by someone with clear affection for the games. I mean all the scenes, characters and locations are here. Hell of a lot better than those shitty 7 or whatever movies with Mila.

chaseroni

Am I nuts? I’m a huge video game movie hater. I think every one of them are awful. But this…looks decent to me? Did I wake up on the right side of the bed or something?

At least it looks like it’s made by someone with clear affection for the games. I mean all the scenes, characters and locations are here. Hell of a lot better than those shitty 7 or whatever movies with Mila.
Yeah I'm with you there is a lot of shitty game and shitty RE adaptations for that matter, at least this has some resemblance of the source material.
Not a huge RE person but the backlash seems overblown, to be expected from the gaming crowd though.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Yeah I'm with you there is a lot of shitty game and shitty RE adaptations for that matter, at least this has some resemblance of the source material.
Not a huge RE person but the backlash seems overblown, to be expected from the gaming crowd though.
Backlash seems overblown?

Jill is now African and Leon look Indian

Not to mention the horendous cgi

The backlash is fully justified

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Well at least it seems more Resident Evil than all the previous shitty attempts. Plus RE itself always been a B movie horror type of experience so I think making this an obvious budgeted title is the right way to go. I see some visions and efforts, might end up being a trashy pulp horror b movie classic lol. Cautiously optimistic 😅

Also, can't be worse than Village, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom