• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City First Trailer

Aggelos

Wait, Leon is not white?

No, he's not.
If you watch from 7:39 and on, the director explains why the cast is not identical to the game, and why he didn't go down the path of casting actors that are identical to the video-game counterparts.
Leon was the hardest to cast, and they looked at some people who were the spitting image of Leon's video-game character, but it didn't work out.

Toots

Gold Member
No, he's not.
If you watch from 7:39 and on, the director explains why the cast is not identical to the game, and why he didn't go down the path of casting actors that are identical to the video-game counterparts.
Leon was the hardest to cast, and they looked at some people who were the spitting image of Leon's video-game character, but it didn't work out.

That's just like, his opinion, man...
I crushed that casting session but told him my method acting required i'd perform with live ammo only and those are the real facts.

edit : required not requiered :/

Last edited:

Aggelos

Director Johannes Roberts again addresses the issue of (some of ) the actors not looking like their video-game counterparts.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Billed as a "very faithful" adaptation of the Resident Evil franchise, Welcome to Raccoon City has had fans of the video games on the edge of their seats.
After all, we all know how big-screen video game adaptations tend to work out. Now, ahead of Welcome to Raccoon City's long-awaited release next week, the first reactions to the feature-length 'origin story' are trickling in – and the consensus is positive, if not a little muted. The good news is, the new Resident Evil movie is "incredibly faithful to the games" and will certainly offer movie-goers a fun time. The bad news ? Well, it doesn't quite live up to the "terror or tension" the game has so expertly delivered over the years.

kunonabi

Billed as a "very faithful" adaptation of the Resident Evil franchise, Welcome to Raccoon City has had fans of the video games on the edge of their seats.
After all, we all know how big-screen video game adaptations tend to work out. Now, ahead of Welcome to Raccoon City's long-awaited release next week, the first reactions to the feature-length 'origin story' are trickling in – and the consensus is positive, if not a little muted. The good news is, the new Resident Evil movie is "incredibly faithful to the games" and will certainly offer movie-goers a fun time. The bad news ? Well, it doesn't quite live up to the "terror or tension" the game has so expertly delivered over the years.

If even the early impressions are muted it's probably the dumpster fire it's expected to be.

Aggelos

If even the early impressions are muted it's probably the dumpster fire it's expected to be.

I don't think that it's gonna be the dumpster fire that Paul Anderson's 2002 inception film originally was... And people were sold on that dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Johannes Roberts wanted the Tyrant of RE2 (Mr. X) to be in the film but eventually, it didn't work out. They went back and forth with the idea but it didn't pan out.

Last edited:

Aggelos

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm really looking forward to this. Definitely going opening night.

Not super hyped, but I am confident that it'll be entertaining and that's all that matters to me, it's a total popcorn flick. I thought the interview that IGN did with Leon and Wesker was great, the guy who plays Leon is clearly a fan of the games, definitely RE4 but it seems like he's well aware of the RE 96 and RE2 98.

I really wish people would stop going off about Leon and Jill not being white. I'm not trying to be that guy but it really makes you look like an ass if you openly complain about that. This movie isn't a 1:1 representation of the games. If the actor/actress suck, critique their performance, calling out the skin color is shitty. Not trying to start a fight, but seriously, just think about it. It's NOT the game, it's a movie adaptation. Movies generally take liberties with source material, whether it be videogames or novels. Just watch it before you get hung up on stuff that you might actually enjoy once you see it.

Also, Barry was black in Romero's script, and Chris was Native American.

ParaSeoul

Director Johannes Roberts again addresses the issue of (some of ) the actors not looking like their video-game counterparts.

I like even the actors were confused when they saw the game characters

j0hnnix

I thought this was a Netflix movie , not a straight to theater movie.. meh, I'll wait to stream it. Not worth going to theater for this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom