• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village VR Mode launches February 22 for PS VR2 as free DLC

nial

Gold Member
Enjoy Resident Evil Village in a deeply immersive horror experience.
Kanda Tsuyoshi Producer, CAPCOM CO., Ltd
Hello PlayStation fans, it’s great to talk with you again. I’m Kanda, the producer at Capcom behind Resident Evil Village. Resident Evil Village VR Mode was previously announced back in June 2022. Today, I’m happy to reveal that this additional mode will release on February 22, 2023 as a free DLC for Resident Evil Village. You can download and play it immediately when you get your PlayStation VR2.
The entirety of Village’s main story will be available to play on PlayStation VR2 in Resident Evil Village VR Mode, allowing you to experience all the events Ethan Winters faces with the greatest level of immersion as he sets out to rescue his kidnapped daughter.

Making full use of the PlayStation VR2, you’ll be wholly immersed when playing Resident Evil Village with this DLC. Visually, the vivid graphics of the 4K HDR display (2000×2040 per eye) and eye tracking produces a heightened perception of reality as if everything you see is actually there. 3D audio enhances the realism with audio from every angle, and your sense of touch is enhanced via the PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers. With one controller in each hand, you can feel the vibration, recoil, and resistance as you interact with objects in the world and fire weapons.

The Sense controllers also enable intuitive movements like putting your arms up to guard and holding your gun out in front of you to shoot, and there are additional actions you can perform to heighten your immersion. Hold two weapons independently, load a clip into your handgun to reload, and wield your knife with slashing or stabbing attacks. It’s a truly captivating experience that puts you directly into the twisted world that Ethan Winters is fighting through.

Please note that Resident Evil Village or Resident Evil Village Gold Edition is required to play this free DLC, and that the DLC must be downloaded separately. For everyone picking up a PlayStation VR2 in February 2023, we hope that you will challenge yourself with this ultimate immersive survival horror experience!
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/1...-launches-february-22-for-ps-vr2-as-free-dlc/

Also, first thread. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

consoul

Clap Yes GIF

Right on. Good work Capcom.

ksdixon

Hold up.
So not only is this exclusive content by virtue of PSVR, but it's coming as free DLC too?
Niice.

Sony better have some agreements in place so they don't lose access to Capcom/('s IP and dev talent pipeline), they seem to be a heavy hitter for PS currently.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No PCVR is lame as fuck. But mods, etc. I finished the game in VR, was more fun than previously just in 2D...

I found the game hilarious. It has some of the strangest villains in the entire series. And I mean, they're stranger than even Saddler or Alfred.

The baby tops all!

Very RE4 like, as well. But it didn't feel like the old games from prior to 4, since it is not really about that era anymore. Although I did enjoy it, but I don't think it's a classic.

Top Bottom