• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village - Showcase Teaser | April 15th 3pm PDT

MiguelItUp

I feel like they keep making showcases with not enough content. It all feels stretched really thin.

Mercenaries being present is cool, but man, could the whole demo situation be any more confusing? Lmao. I feel like they didn't leave the schedules on screen long enough.

But yeah, timed demo? Nah, I'm good. I'll just wait.

kunonabi

So many different announcements and absolutely nothing I care for. I really thought things might turn around after REmake 2 but I guess not. Probably time for me to just move on.

I am little disappointed that the demo is timed once again and further disappointed as a PC VR user that RE4VR is exclusive to the Quest. Looking forward to 8 though.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Is a bit more accurate, I'm shocked they didn't get another booby streamer for this.
with hair dyed red i can see it
PqwApGNZ.jpg

amy-adams-medium-straight-red.jpg

Jaxcellent

Probably saving the PSVR2 reveal for another day..

8 looks very promising, 4VR on Ocultist Quest 2 looks fun!
Taking a watch and see approach on the netflix series, don't really dig the render type cutscene vibe. Don't like the shooting game type either.

Either way, I'm waiting to play this on the new gen, hope i can find me a console soon.
If I cant, I'll skip it and play it when it does gets released in VR.

ssringo

I hate that mainline RE is first person. HATE IT. Not a fan of first person in general and nobody else does third person survival horror anywhere close to RE (anymore). Yes, there's REmakes and spinoffs but I"m selfish and greedy! I also really wasn't digging anything I heard about Village. Sorry Lady D. go step on someone else's nuts.

Yet they've won me over. It looks really good. And we FINALLY get a decent extra mode again. And it looks really good too! Village looks so good that not only did I just preorder it (fuck off preorder haters) but I bought the package to get 7 as well. Might as well, finally, experience it all right?

Not to be a complete RE fangirl (I am though) what the fuck is with that limited time demo? The goofiest thing....

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's a minority lol. Mostly people who loved the 4-6 action slant and people who wanted 5-6 crackhead co-op.

RE7 going back to series roots is appreciated by most. The main thing people bitch sometimes about is first person.
8e5b46569d1f4a1338f5c36aff060b4b.gif

It's not just that.
I say one of the best games for VR, because its an actual game.
But without it?
It's a mediocre FPS horror-lite, I generally shocked when people say it's scary
And despite having the foundating make-up of classic RE in the way you progress the game it quickly returns to it RE4 habbits, RE8 looks like it's gone full RE6 stupid.
You thought Chris punching boulders was stupid? Now he's a fucking werewolf FFS 🙄
RE7 is a great VR game, but that's about it.
RE8 doesn't even have that, we'll see

assurdum

Banned
Not the case. It’s also pretty apparent by everything they’ve shown of the game so far.
Could be pretty apparent to you, but Capcom has worked initially just on next generation saying eventually would have ported it on past generation. That's what they did. Sure, graphic doesn't leaves speechless but it's another story.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, honestly Mercenaries alone means the game will probably have some decent replay value. That's awesome. Best news from the showcase for me. Everything else was pretty meh, lol.

I still think it looks really pretty, but I also just love that engine.

Lol at some folks thinking it looks ugly and gross. Eh, to each their own. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bartski

Gold Member
Mercenaries look more interesting than Ethan Must Die for sure but that's not exactly an achievement. I May skip the demo altogether, too close to release and I've seen enough.

Not a next-gen graphics flex but whatever, the campaign looks like it's gonna be an amazing ride and the mix of RE4 and RE7 I was hoping it to be.

assurdum

Banned
Yeah, honestly Mercenaries alone means the game will probably have some decent replay value. That's awesome. Best news from the showcase for me. Everything else was pretty meh, lol.

I still think it looks really pretty, but I also just love that engine.

Lol at some folks thinking it looks ugly and gross. Eh, to each their own. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not ugly but honestly I expected more by Capcom on next generation console. This graphic should be surprising on past generation but it feels dated on ps5.

Banned
Is the quest 2 better than the rift s?

depends. you can use it wirelessly as a standalone system, so that's a plus!
it has better screens, so another plus.

but if you wanna use it on PC you have to use it through a USB cable, and that introduces a tiny amount of latency and compression on the video stream.

all in all it is better tho I would say

jaysius

Banned
What an awful stream, convuluted demo, the game looks like a mismashed texture abortion from late PS3/mid PS4. The most shocking thing is people simping over the mop head makeupcaked Amy Shumer or whoever look alike.

Capcom has really taken all their crazy pills.

MiguelItUp

Not ugly but honestly I expected more by Capcom on next generation console. This graphic should be surprising on past generation but it feels dated on ps5.
Honestly considering how long the PS5's been out and the use of RT effects, I'm sure it'll be fitting enough.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The most shocking thing is people simping over the mop head makeupcaked Amy Shumer or whoever look alike.
Really, people simping over her?
Whatever floats their boat 😐

Seriously Capcom, just give us a Next-Gen Upgrade for REmake2 & 3 with Raytracing and call it a day.

Expand on RE3 a bit too, call it the director's cut 😂

Last edited:
I was similarly unimpressed by the tech demo - just cus I felt it was weird that it had no real gameplay and the graphics weren’t mind blowing. But I’m pretty stoked to try an actual demo of it
Yeah, what was even the point?. if you're going to make a visual demo you better make sure it is impressive.

I believe they had some sort of contractual obligation with Sony, or maybe Sony asked Capcom to do it so they could squash the rumors of not running well on PS5.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't know why Capcom loves to give us time limits for their demo, just give us short and compact demo so we can play how many times we want and explore as much as we want without time limits.

Bartski

Gold Member
Honestly considering how long the PS5's been out and the use of RT effects, I'm sure it'll be fitting enough.
yeah to me it looks just fine. I love the art direction, it's a lot of what made RE7 so good on a much larger scale. I already bought the game, fingers crossed it comes on time!

After years of reading about the hate boner people have for RE6, I can say, with conviction, that RE6 was one of my favorite Resi's. Played the whole game with a friend and replayed it last year with my son and it was such a blast. And I really dislike RE7.

Top Bottom