• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village: Play it now or wait PSVR2?

REVIII?

• Total voters

ethomaz

Banned
You guys know I’m a big Resident Evil VII fan and after the original trilogy it is the best thing happened to the franchise.

I want to be there day one but comparing the experience in PSVR with the previous game I’m asking myself if it is better to wait PSVR2?

What do you guys thinks?

IMO the PSVR play in REVII is so game changer that I’m thinking to really wait one or two years to play it.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

i dont think there's even any confirmation that the game would get VR support at all, so why wait for something that might never happen? Just play the game as it is.

ethomaz

Banned
i dont think there's even any confirmation that the game would get VR support at all, so why wait for something that might never happen? Just play the game as it is.
PSVR2 support is given... there is no way they won’t support it... probably patch releasing with PSVR2.

The reason is because it is a complete different game in VR.

The biggest question is when?

BTW I expect it to receive PSVR support on PS4 after launch.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just play it. PSVR would be a better experience but why wait and risk the game being spoiled down the road when people start posting spoilers?

GrayFoxPL

PSVR2 support is a given... there is no way they won’t support it... probably patch launching with PSVR2.

Capcom:

Snl Thumb GIF by Saturday Night Live

BlackTron

Well let's think about this rationally. :pie_thinking:

1. PSVR2 is probably a very far ways off. Perhaps upwards of two years?

2. Bitch you crazy I don't wanna play RE in VR that's some scary shit

In conclusion, why not play it now (y)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Wait meanwhile play other Resident Evil games you can play RE7 VR now the game obliterates other VR games.

Iced Arcade

With capcoms recent announced VR RE4 exclusive to the quest 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to VR... To the quest 2 though

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
7 in VR was a top gaming experience of my life and I've been gaming for over 30 years. No resident evil story is so good that youll likely even care if it's spoiled. I'd be more concerned with spoiling the experience by playing it on your tv. Wait. I will.

OrionNebula

The way those humanowolves behave, there’s no fucking way in hell this isn’t going to psvr2

Not waiting on sony, though. This baby’s coming home next week

Kokoloko85

You guys know I’m a big Resident Evil VII and after the original trilogy it is the best thing happened to the franchise.

I want to be there day one but comparing the experience in PSVR with the previous game I’m asking myself if it is better to wait PSVR2?

What do you guys thinks?

IMO the PSVR play in REVII is so game changer that I’m thinking to really wait one or two years to play it.

I completely forgot it will come to PSVR2.
I dont think I can wait, will double dip lol

Rudius

I will wait. Resident Evil 7 was already amazing in VR, but now on a stronger hardware and far better controlers it will be a must have.

SkylineRKR

By the time PSVR2 is out you might as well revisit this game, that is if it ever gets support. Who knows Capcom is developing RE9 by then.

Romulus

This game was not designed with VR in mind, so would need substantial changes to accommodate. It's quite possible they may rework sections and release a VR version down the line, but it would not be the same game. Play it now, if you can afford it etc...

Do you have any evidence to support this? Why would they rework sections of the game? RE7 was the exact same size in VR running on shitty ps4. Re8 would definitely be on ps5.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'll wait but then again playing RE7 in VR with headphones is fucking hard man, I mean it takes me back to playing the original when it came out all on my own, it's too fucking scary lol I need people around me, with RE1 it was an ex gf at the time and we had a blast being shit scared together playing it, with RE7 I can only really play with the wife in the same room and the sound coming from the telly but the opertunity to do so is few and far between, I tried by myself with headphones when she went to bed but fuck me the creep factor goes through the roof, can only imagine the improved visual quality of psvr2 and 3D audio... Get away de fuk lol

Astral Dog

You guys know I’m a big Resident Evil VII and after the original trilogy it is the best thing happened to the franchise.

What do you guys thinks?

I loved REVII and i never played it in PSVR, if i had to guess the reason is simply PSVR2 doesn't exist at the time of the game's release so no point until Sony announces it properly.

I can't to play it at launch, when it comes to PSVR2 it will be worth a second playthrough but RE8 looks fantastic VR or no VR

Top Bottom