• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village Maiden Demo on PS5 available Jan 21, 2021

SuperGooey

I loved the demo and im gonna play through it again tonite too. Sure its not very long, but there is that necklace item that you find that serves no apparent use in the demo (like the finger in the RE7 demo), so im hoping that means there's still some hidden things in the demo, or that it will get an update to add more things like the RE7 demo eventually did.
It may be a tease for the story since a woman is wearing it in the second trailer:
KDOakLf.png

Gamerguy84

They should take out the opening of this demo or clean it up.

Looked amazing once you get into the hallway and dining areas. Like two different demos.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Cyberpunk?
Poor performance and glitches due to unpolished game development don't mean it's impossible on last-gen
If it was, every Ubisoft game they've released from the last 15 years would be impossible on everything

I can’t believe there’s people here calling each other names because some are underwhelmed at the obvious shortcomings of this “next gen graphics” demo

s2kkCkn.jpg

The game looks fine, but a “next gen showcase” it is not
How about you consider the complexity of this whole scenery and not zoom into an object to check if you can find a poor texture?

And as you're saying it's not next-gen, could you please give me some examples of better (or same level) looking PS4 games that I might have missed?

I played the demo yesterday and it was a joke technically speaking...there is nothing here that is different from RE7 on a base PS4, except for the resolution. RE7 on a BASE PS4 has a much more stable framerate than this demo with textures on the same level.

I just booted RE2 Remake on my PS4 PRO and that game is much more impressive than this RE8''visual demo'' . RE2 Remake, a last gen game, has larger areas, more enemies on screen and better and more varied textures and is more stable.

HAL-01

How about you consider the complexity of this whole scenery and not zoom into an object to check if you can find a poor texture?

And as you're saying it's not next-gen, could you please give me some examples of better (or same level) looking PS4 games that I might have missed?
the demo is a series of hallways with low poly count and prebaked lighting, what complexity are you talking about?

PT looks better than this, and I won’t bother with more examples cause y’all just acting weird about this

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
It’s great as a horror game but as a resident Evil game I can’t see it anymore.. but I’m excited to play the final game if it’s as good as 7

Ugh why when I try to take a picture it pauses so now the pic has pause in the middle and it’s darker ,is their way not to have the pause word on the picture?

This demo was pretty rough, and the first impression starting in the cell was really lackluster, but by the end of it was I was in love. The atmosphere of the place is SPECTACULAR. This is exactly what I want in a Resident Evil game. I am sold.

Now, on the other hand, the controls were rough (had to fiddle with the settings to make it playable) and sound design was all over the place as well. I find it strange that so many people have applauded the sound design of this demo. Sometimes I couldn't tell if the foot step sounds were coming from my "character" or the enemies. That's not good. Granted, I was playing on my surroun system, not on headphones. Maybe the audio is optimized for headphones. RE7 had great sound so I'm sure the final game will be great on that front.

All in all, my hype for the game went up, but dear god I hope this will be playable in VR at some point. This game screams for VR implementation.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Just a demo by only 3 guys just crapped all over this milked franchise.

I'd wait on saying that until we actually get a playable build. The proof of concept all looks wonderful though.

That being said, I've been on this like white on rice. I just hope the final product resembles this as much as possible.

CitizenZ

Banned
I'd wait on saying that until we actually get a playable build. The proof of concept all looks wonderful though.

That being said, I've been on this like white on rice. I just hope the final product resembles this as much as possible.

At least there are teams in the industry, though usually small, providing actual innovation.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I love the demo on ps5, the sound with pulse 3d is perfect and controls are good. Shame it does not show any haptics or trigger stuff.
I also have 3080 on pc so now I can't decide if I want to get it on ps5 or pc? What are you guys doing ?

Top Bottom