• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Village gets new enemy, story and gameplay details

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://twistedvoxel.com/resident-evil-8-enemies-gameplay-story-details/

Capcom recently had a feature in the Weekly Famitsu Magazine where they gave further information on Resident Evil Village. Alex Aniel, who is well-known in the Resident Evil Community, has taken the time to share and translate information published by Famitsu.

If you were curious about the role of Chris in the story, or other gameplay details like the opening that has been reported to resemble Resident Evil 4, there is some interesting new information to sort through here.

• Chris is the one who takes Ethan to the mysterious mountain village.
  • Ethan is unconscious during this time and when he wakes up, he walks along a path to arrive in the village.
  • Famitsu has a photo of villagers holding hands in a circle and praying with dangerous creatures protecting them. They appear to be a cult.
  • There is a villager wearing Trench Coat that could be selling things to Ethan.
  • Mia’s picture book might hold the key to solving the plot of the game. It tells a similar story to what Ethan encounters during his visit to the village.
  • There is an old shaman lady with the skull staff that will play a role different from the trench coat guy.

resident-evil-8-village-1536x864.jpg

The producers don’t go into detail regarding the “Merchant” look-alike in Resident Evil 8, but they do say that Ethan’s life will depend on it. They also hint that the villagers might also recite prayers in order to protect themselves from danger. Regarding the dangerous creatures, they mention that while they can’t speak a language, they will behave like a pack/swarm and can also wield weapons.

Cutty Flam

Banned
It's going to be interesting to see how Chris Redfield handles a (likely) similar situation as detailed in the Kennedy Report. It's already starting to add up, "Famitsu has a photo of villagers holding hands in a circle and praying with dangerous creatures protecting them. They appear to be a cult"

regawdless

Banned
I respect how willing they are to reinvent Resident Evil all the time. From classic RE, to RE4, then into more action oriented RE5 and 6, to VR and first person RE7, now Village with werewolves. Not even counting all the non mainline games, the remakes etc.

While I might not like everything they've tried, it's kinda cool to not exactly know what the next RE will be and look like.

Is this Chris still the same guy from RE1-RE6, or is this some sort of alternate canon? His design was completely different in RE7 and apparently they've now changed it again?

ruvikx

Banned
Is this Chris still the same guy from RE1-RE6, or is this some sort of alternate canon? His design was completely different in RE7 and apparently they've now changed it again?

Considering what happened to Jill Valentine in RE3 remake (i.e. looked nothing like Jill), I'd say Chris Redfield's appearance really doesn't matter anymore.

In any case, Resident Evil Village is like "the" only reason so far to get hyped for next gen, from my point of view. If it builds on the good parts of RE7, increases weapon & enemy diversity (& has more puzzles as well), kaboom, I'm all in (at a high price as well because I'd buy a next gen system for it).

SCB3

Hmm, can't say I'm too thrilled with the setting yet, but then again we've moved on from Zombies to the more supernatural elements in RE5 and 6 onwards anyway

Still, nice to see a good AAA horror game again

Top Bottom