• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village demo: No download, no powerful hardware,one click, only 15MB internet required

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Free demo?

Jim Ryan will remember this.
Some time ago, there was a paid DEMO.

81WLXYKZTCL._SX425_.jpg

F.ck Jim ryan BTW .

Ozriel

M$FT
Fuck you Capcom.

"SORRY. CAN'T DELIVER.

Which area can I play in?​

You can access this streaming demo from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Belgium, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, and Hungary."

You've got no problem selling me the game in the country I'm in.

It's running on Stadia tech. So if Stadia isn't supported in your country, there's probably nothing Capcom can do

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It does work and the lag is noticeable a lot but bearable.
But it looks terrible for a 1080p stream. Like it's running on very low settings and internal even lower res. Not holding 60 either
BUT IT IS PLAYABLE. My father would 100% just play it and he would never notice anything was wrong aside from some blurriness.

It kina reminds me. As a kid, I always thought trailers looked better than final games which is obviously super bad take. And I thought it would be cool one day to play a "video" of a game since the compression and "videoness" hides the aliasing and everything.
BOY WAS I WRONG LOL

Ran incredibly well for me, even though it wasn't the greatest resolution. I wouldn't want to play that way though. The gaming this tech could bring to more people is exciting however.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
No powerful hardware, now download......... and no South America either it seems.
Google explained that it takes time to add new countries.(it seems they rely on their own infrastructure to obtain the best results)
Nonetheless, it seems south america in the next target (a lot of ESRB rating for Stadia games in Brazil lately)

Fat Frog

Keep also in mind several things:
This is not the best Stadia port at all.
All cloud services are struggling with dark images for now.
Stadia Pro has higher resolutions (this one is 1080 limited)
Smart TVs have their own tech to boost IQ.
Nvidia Shield Pro has an AI 4K boost.
Cloud games will see their IQ improve with new codecs:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Tried it out and it worked ok. The input latency is more noticeable than even xCloud, and especially more noticeable than GeForce Now that runs amazing for me(just did a network test and I have 25ms latency to GeForce Northwest Server). Now, I couldn't test the same game, so it could be RE Village has slow controls, or that they have some v-sync setting enabled that bogs it down. Cool feature, though.

Keep also in mind several things:
This is not the best Stadia port at all.
All cloud services are struggling with dark images for now.
Stadia Pro has higher resolutions (this one is 1080 limited)
Smart TVs have their own tech to boost IQ.
Nvidia Shield Pro has an AI 4K boost.
Cloud games will see their IQ improve with new codecs:
Yep, the tech is only getting better.

Rubik8

Maybe it was the time of the day, but this streaming session worked better than all the others I've tried. I found xcloud and stadia totally unplayable; this was really smooth.
Edit: I didn't realize this was Stadia tech. It's improved a lot since I tried it before.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Maybe it was the time of the day, but this streaming session worked better than all the others I've tried. I found xcloud and stadia totally unplayable; this was really smooth.
Edit: I didn't realize this was Stadia tech. It's improved a lot since I tried it before.
Yeah, many factors can downgrade the experience. Sometimes people have problems with their apple devices, sometimes it's chrome on PC, sometimes it's your internet provider.

For the famous stadia video from the launch, we finally have the truth behind this lag fest:
This chinese employee was watching too much brazzers vids at the office, so his boss had to limit his bandwitdh...

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I will never be a fan of cloud gaming
Never says never.
No download, no updates is just the beginning.
One day, you'll discover virtual city with tera bytes of datas, your local multi player mario kart like won't have downgraded graphics anymore and no cheats (each players will have have his own screen if they want).

Top Bottom