• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village crack completely fixes its stuttering issues

junguler

Banned
pirates having a better experience than paying customers is not a new thing and sadly it seems to be happening all the time, sadly there hasn't been a huge move to boycott these kinds of practices and it seems to only be getting worst. even if a game doesn't get cracked pirates shrug it off and move on to other games but the poor fella who payed for the game is left with a less than optimal product.

Yoboman

Lmao at your "BIG SCORES".

750K copies at best on which Sony will get only 70% of the cut, while those could have purshased the game and a PS console on which Sony will get 100% of the cut and both the consoles and the games, without counting the 30% cut from all other 3rd party game that Sony will also get those new PS owners would buy.

Hermen Hulst is just not smart and doesn't have a long run mindset, that's all, there is a reason on why precedent Playstation leaders, and also Nintendo (even today) don't port their games on PC.
I disagree he or Ryan (whichever is making the PC port decisions) isn't smart, but I agree its extremely short term and probably self centered thinking

Hulst/Ryan have put all their chips on pumping up short term profit margins. And leaders make decisions like that when they want to pump up the profile of their results before making a big career move. Don't be shocked if one of the two end up a more senior position with a bigger pay cheque at some bigger company in the near future

Armorian

Banned
Paying customers always get screwed. But honestly I didn't have any stuttering issues while playing RE Village.

Retail version had massive memory leak around village center plus those massive framedrops around sisters and their bugs were there (and I'm talking about RTX3070). Cracked version is fixed in some aspects, fucking Denuvo...

SnapShot

Village had performance issues? didn't notice, apparently the crack also removes entire animations, some of which completely change the gameplay and feeling of the game, and in some cases make it way more difficult to finish.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I disagree he or Ryan (whichever is making the PC port decisions) isn't smart, but I agree its extremely short term and probably self centered thinking

Hulst/Ryan have put all their chips on pumping up short term profit margins. And leaders make decisions like that when they want to pump up the profile of their results before making a big career move. Don't be shocked if one of the two end up a more senior position with a bigger pay cheque at some bigger company in the near future
Now that's an opinion I can understand. Especially that part: "they make decisions like that when they want to search another job" but I still believe it's a good move for Sony.
Imo, day one release on both PS5/PC is not a good choice but porting their games after one year or so is perfectly fine and I don't see it damaging the PS5. Mentalities have evolved and PC is becoming the neutral ground that it should always have been.

Shubh_C63

I just chalk it down to expense of the nature of this business.

No matter how you look at it, not opting for DRM hurts developers. Empress is the only one cracking denuvo, that only when she feels like it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Resident Evil Village on the PC suffers from stutters and performance issues in game. And it's all thanks to Capcom Anti Tamper. In this episode we take a closer look and what's going on and how a scene group has managed to crack the protection and fix the problem.

EDIT : A few corrections/clarifications to this video:

- Capcom DRM is responsible for the performance issues. Denuvo Anti-Tamper , while present, is not the cause of the slowdown issues.
- EMPRESS' crack forces the DRM to accept a fake license. Denuvo Anti-Tamper is still present and running in the cracked version of RE Village and has not been removed. I've been informed that the only release to ever remove Denuvo Anti-Tamper was Assassins.Creed.Origins.The.Curse.of.the.Pharaohs.Crack.Only.READNFO-CODEX. All other Anti-Tamper cracks are classified as "bypasses".

SkylineRKR

Pirated media is almost always better. Blu Ray rips removed the forced trailers, and anti piracy messages for instance. This is not how it should be. With DRM, again, honest buyers are being punished.

About piracy, well, I don't think RE Village would bomb without DRM. Pretty sure many Steam owners would buy it regardless. There is this endless discussion about piracy and I think the answer lies in the middle. Does it costs sales? perhaps. But would pirates buy the game if it wasn't available for free? not every one. On the other hand there are also people who try a pirated copy and buy the retail game anyway.

Block buster movies are currently downloadable day one because of streaming platforms offering them day one. But Black Widow for instance is doing really well for what it is. Its over 200m after its first weekend.

It's only one tiny little segment of the game. I had it at that point. Other than that, the rest of the game has been smooth for me. Mind you, it's still pretty laughable that you got to install a crack for a game that you purchased from a legitimate source to get the best experience.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Isn't Steam already DRM? You can't just copy the files from the Stream install directory and send them to someone else right?

RobRSG

I have found a solution that uses a mod, and doesn’t involve cracking the game. Therefore, the sisters attacks animations connects normally as the API calls attached to that weren’t stripped. Follow the instructions in the description.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned

2SMo5zo.png

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
And then you see people say "duh, it's your PC because I don't have any problem with the game"
Yeah right, more like you didn't NOTICE them, but they are here.
I don't remember noticing that... but still. Fuck that shit.
Should just go with ps5 version... as always I made a mistake and got the miserable version..
Also ps5 got faster load times, dualsense and better 3d audio.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Isn't Steam already DRM? You can't just copy the files from the Stream install directory and send them to someone else right?
In many cases you actually can. Steam is built as a DRM wrapper but not all Steam games include DRM.

I successfully refunded Disco Elysium a while back, but it still worked when I accidentally launched it a week or so later after forgetting to uninstall.

Anyway, fuck Capcom, this is unforgivable anti-consumer shit.

"DigitalFoundry does not recommend installing cracked code onto your PC"

Nice CYA for a 11 minute video dedicated to showcasing the benefit of cracked code.

What else could they do.. Logically DF can't / shouldn't recommend a user to install potentially harmful code. Even if verified by anti-virus, what if the hack was switched to something malicious, or what if someone simply download the wrong hack. It would be irresponsible for DF to not give that warning.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Sounds like Capcom is on the village crack if they think this is a sustainable way of handling pirates. People are going to be even less inclined to buy your product if the anti-piracy measures create issues for the paying customer.

RobRSG

Even though there’s a solution that doesn’t resort on cracking the game, everybody is ignoring it. Internet being internet.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Even though there’s a solution that doesn’t resort on cracking the game, everybody is ignoring it. Internet being internet.
You are totally missing the point. This kind of problem shouldn't even be there in the first place with our legit copy of the game ffs.
I shouldn't have to look through modded files to have a stutter-free experience, not to mention there hasn't been a single update since the game released.
I can't believe I need to explain that.

Last edited:

RaySoft

It's an absolutely horrendous way to call your DRM code, wich clearly isn't frametime aware, during your frametime budget. It's almost like some idiot is implementing the DRM code after the game has gone gold. PCMR /s

Last edited:

RobRSG

You are totally missing the point. This kind of problem shouldn't even be there in the first place with our legit copy of the game ffs.
I shouldn't have to look through modded files to have a stutter-free experience, not to mention there hasn't been a single update since the game released.
I can't believe I need to explain that.

I agree with your point, Capcom are a bunch of nasty lazy fools. But there’s a clean method already, not given the same attention.

Mithos

Mentioned and tested in the DF video, apparently did not fix the frame-rate/-time issue for Richard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom