• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village 2nd Demo files already on PSN, likely to drop anytime soon

Bartski

Gold Member

To be precise, four new SKU (USA, Japan, Europe, and Asia) have been uploaded (backend, not live yet) to the digital storefront, all named (Biohazard in Japan) “Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo.” As previously confirmed by Capcom, the title of the demo confirms that this will be solely focused on gameplay, whereas the previous Maiden demo was a visual showcase. The demo is allegedly around 10GB from the information on PSN.
What’s more, the files also contain some images with the branding of “Gameplay Demo” along with a control scheme for what appears to be for remote play functionality.

pSZs78T.png

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Definitely will try this out on Xbox.

Isn't that Re:verse multiplayer game open beta starting tomorrow as well?

carlosrox

Banned
Still don't know if I wanna play this demo. The game is out in like a month.

Edit: Oh fuck me this includes PC too doesn't it?

Last edited:

MrJTeera

Man, I hope there’s an option to map the sprint button to R1. L3 clicking sprint is the main cause of my stick drift problems.

MiguelItUp

Well, Resident Evil Re:Verse servers go up tomorrow for the open beta. So maybe we can expect something then or when the servers shutdown a couple of days after?

IKSTUGA

Most likely comes out on all platforms after the showcase next week. Pretty sure they mentioned a second demo for all platforms in the January showcase.

Last edited:

Arun1910

I liked the first demo.

Any opportunity to see the atmosphere and have a run around in the game world before release is a plus in my book.

manzo

Wonder what the odds are of this eventually getting VR support. 7 was amazing in VR and would love to play this the same way. Maybe a VR version/support next year on PSVR 2?
Since because of the silence about VR, I’m guessing a PSVR2 support when it comes.

I’m not buying this before VR. 7 was fucking amazing in VR.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Very cool, I'm sure I'll download it but not sure if I'll actually play it. I like to go in as green as possible with new RE games. 05/07 will be here before we know it!

MiguelItUp

Played my first and only game of Re:Verse, and yeah, it's basically what you'd expect if you haven't seen gameplay yet. Pretty Re:Tarded.

Dumb fun? Oh, most definitely. But boy is it also pretty shallow and repetitive. There doesn't seem to be a ranking system of any form or something similar. So nothing appears to unlock with gameplay, it's pretty cut and dry. At least in this test, which of course could change with retail. So every match just contains random items sprawled across a random map, and that's really it. I'm really not sure how much Capcom plans to lean into this thing, I feel like they're going to lean into it a pretty good amount if they've been having multiple tests for it.

The balance and mechanics just feel so haphazardly put together too. For instance, getting Virus Vials allow you to transform into a creature when you die to get revenge, the more you have, the "better" the creature is. Stronger, more agile, etc. Well, a lot of the time if you're killed by someone they can (and usually do) just hover over your body and kill you again, or kill you when THEY die and transform, lmao.

It's a neat mechanic that just kind of gets drowned out by weird gameplay decisions. Not really sure if TTK or anything else could really help it.

Playing one match was enough for me to go, "Hey, alright", and then I uninstalled it. 👀

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

RE8 feels like a next gen warm up just to make sure Resident Evil is on next gen RE9 will nail VR.
I personally felt like RE7 walked so RE8 could run, but only time will tell. Also, referring to the games themselves, not VR.

Though I'm sure VR in RE8 would be insane considering the response to 7's. Which I unfortunately never got around to checking out because PSVR. Though I'm sure PC mods exist. But whatever, same reason I refuse to try Alien Isolation in VR, just a big 'ol fuck that, lmao.

JK, I am genuinely curious...

Kuranghi

Comparison thread will be a bloodbath.

Spoiler from the future: It won't hold 60fps all the time on either console because Capcom don't care about cutscene framerates. I'm guessing it will run at a higher resolution on XSX but will drop more frames because of that.

Gameplay will be fine except when there are tons of alpha effects or in reflection heavy scenes, its par for the course with RE Engine Capom games since RE7.

Personally I hope its native 4K with any drops that may come from that, going down to 1800p to solve a small amount of the fps drops isn't appealing to me, just whack it up I say, if they don't give a crap about massive framerate drops then neither do I. I'll play on PC when I want to lock to a refresh rate.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Is the demo out? I'm not seeing it in the ps5 store for some reason. Does it have a goofy name like Maiden?

Top Bottom