• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil TV series to debut following final movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrush

My ideal show would just be X-Files with the BSAA in place of the FBI. Two agents investigating strange incidents that may or may not end up being bioterrorism. Hell, that's how I wish the game would be right now, too.

Parch

They're going to have to go out of their way to make it different than the Walking Dead
Horribly mutated zombies, including animals, an evil corporation that was the cause, being dealt with by a female hero with superhero powers. I'd say that's different enough.

Matt_C

Guys, remember when Resident Evil was a video game about characters trapped in a mansion?
The real name of the series is BIOHAZARD. The reason why the name Resident Evil exist since the band Biohazard has the trademark name in the West, if memory is correct. The plots of the later games and movies are about BIOHAZARD outbreaks and not just a haunted house. Also, I think the name "Resident Evil" stuck due to the being a memoeable name to a bunch of games and movies of the franchise.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
season 1, the mansion
season 2, the city

... so on

based on perry's books. a man can dream.

They need to keep Umbrella as secret as possible. Once they give too much away, there's not a lot of shock and mystery.

The movies don't focus hard on making the game cast its primary focus, except Wesker.
Alice feels like she did that all by herself.

The CGI film Damnation did it well.

strafer

Well, I know who to cast.

re_castgwygj.jpg

re_cast2p6z65.jpg

re_cast3wflz2.jpg

re_cast4swzmy.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"final movie"

ahahahaha

It is the final movie.

They basically set up a world-ending ending in the last film. Paul Anderson is naming it "the final chapter," he's repeatedly said he's done.

No matter the bank the series makes, I doubt he's going to make another movie and retcon that entire set-up away.

It is the final movie.

They basically set up a world-ending ending in the last film. Paul Anderson is naming it "the final chapter," he's repeatedly said he's done.

No matter the bank the series makes, I doubt he's going to make another movie and retcon that entire set-up away.

That set up was pretty hype.

Wesker
as president, Alice has her powers again.
Final chapter is going to be amazeballs.

Mr_Zombie

No. Please, no.

For everyone saying the movies are better: The games had their far share of stupidity over the years, but they haven't had anything as stupid as "the T-Virus turned the world into a Mad Max-style wasteland" yet.

...only to be retconned in the sequel. Remember about all those lakes, seas and oceans that (for some reason) dried due to the outbreak; about all those forests that were turned into deserts; cities that were turned into wastelands? Well, forget about that, since Japan seems to be doing OK (well, there's still an outbreak, but the city looks normal), and the second part of the movie takes place on Alaska (?), where forest still exist and oceans are left intact.

Not to mention, by the time of Exctinction, why the hell does Umbrella still exist? Who do they sell their bio-weapons to when the whole world is apparently already filled with zombies and mutants?

People complain about the games being stupid, but they are still more coherent than the whole movie universe where writer just throws everything (that they think is) cool at the script without even thinking whether it works or not.

DedValve

Banned
If they go towards that ARKLAY rumor/fanmade TV idea I'm in.

You can do a ton of seasons with the first forest outbreak, few murders to solve and it goes deeper and deeper into the RE storylines, have season 1 being about the police trying to solve the murders on the outskirts of town, Umbrella trying to deal with the situation, the population dealing with this, etc. You got SO MANY layers of stories and possibilities. Then Season 2 is dedicated to the Mansion Incident.

It could be SO GOOD. But it'll never happen. Gonna be about a female super agent kicking dogs in the face. :(

Dammit I would love for something like this. Pre-mansion incident that focuses on William Birking shortly before the outbreak and how a select few Umbrella agents are trying to contain the virus in Raccoon City before all hell slips loose.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
...only to be retconned in the sequel. Remember about all those lakes, seas and oceans that (for some reason) dried due to the outbreak; about all those forests that were turned into deserts; cities that were turned into wastelands? Well, forget about that, since Japan seems to be doing OK (well, there's still an outbreak, but the city looks normal), and the second part of the movie takes place on Alaska (?), where forest still exist and oceans are left intact.

Not to mention, by the time of Exctinction, why the hell does Umbrella still exist? Who do they sell their bio-weapons to when the whole world is apparently already filled with zombies and mutants?

People complain about the games being stupid, but they are still more coherent than the whole movie universe where writer just throws everything (that they think is) cool at the script without even thinking whether it works or not.

RE6 was the world wide epidemic. That's what I think a lot of people don't get. The previous titles are at specific locations. If anything the global aspects in the games was 6's portrayal.
The movies make Umbrella the sole mediater to existence. The world exists but it's partially simulated or held in the dark, hence why Umbrella takes so many undercover actions. People want control after the outbreak.

Umbrella knew their power behind the curtain IMO. They exist because they understand how to exist.

There's a scene in 6 that to me mimicks the beginning. Hence why the cover and that scene are covered in a dark purple.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Which final movie? This final movie or the next final movie? Because I'm pretty sure they've called all of them the final movie since the third one.

Which final movie? This final movie or the next final movie? Because I'm pretty sure they've called all of them the final movie since the third one.

Pretty sure that's not true.

Maybe I'm wrong though, I didn't really paid attention to how they marketed RE movies, I just enjoyed watching them.

I approve. I just hope it differentiates itself from The Walking Dead. It needs its own style and identity.

Also, they need to follow the video game storyline, this time around. That would make it very interesting. At least until RE5; they shouldn't go in the world-ending scenarios of RE5 and 6.

Sadist

If the series is like the rumour about "Arklay", I'd watch.

I would totally dig a pre-outbreak series with a detective investigating the weird murders in the Arklay mountains.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The Final Chapter -- practically guarantees there will be at least two more films following it before a 5 year gap and a reboot.

Beepos

Can't believe I'd be all for and even begging for a movie franchise reboot at any point, but here we are...

After the films' tone I have no hope for any decent TV series, but would love to be drastically proven wrong.

I get the feeling Michelle Rodriguez is going to be in this.

I wouldn't be against it. I liked her in the last RE movie.

The Final Chapter -- practically guarantees there will be at least two more films following it before a 5 year gap and a reboot.

It has to be the end of Alice's story. There's literally nowhere left to take her story with how the last movie ended.

In fact, there's nowhere for the movie series to go either without a hard reboot. Earth is pretty much done for by the end of the last movie. It was a last stand type deal...

I just love that a movie circa 2015 (or whenever this film comes out) will have the "The Final Chapter" subtitle.

I haven't seen that since the '80s! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom