• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Showcase #2 set for April, will feature new game content and 25th anniversary news

Capcom will host a second Resident Evil Showcase digital event in April featuring new game content and Resident Evil 25th anniversary news, the company announced.

“We don’t want to spoil any surprises, so we’ll leave it to all of you to speculate on what this upcoming presentation might contain,” Capcom teased in a blog post.

The latest entry in the series, Resident Evil Village, is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via Steam, and Stadia on May 7 worldwide. A “Maiden” visual demo is available now for PlayStation 5. Resident Evil Village will ship with the multiplayer game Resident Evil Re:Verse, which as announced earlier today, will host an open beta test from April 8 to 11 across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC .

I want to see more of Infinite Darkness and possibly Revelations 3 announced.

Kuranghi

Feels like Capcom is the only dev who knows how to keep the stream of hype coming these days, every time I'm like oh wish there was more news...BAM theres more news. Even got some tiny new snippets in the Sony's japanese Play! Play! Play! show the other day, accompanied by those cute japanese women repeating every line back to the audience like they're female genome soldier clones of Solid Snake.

That + TWO demos, I mean you never get demos of big games these days and they have two, the mad bastards.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Feels like Capcom is the only dev who knows how to keep the stream of hype coming these days, every time I'm like oh wish there was more news...BAM theres more news. Even got some tiny new snippets in the Sony's japanese Play! Play! Play! show the other day, accompanied by those cute japanese women repeating every line back to the audience like they're female genome soldier clones of Solid Snake.

That + TWO demos, I mean you never get demos of big games these days and they have two, mad bastards.
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Kokoloko85

Gimme some remake news. RE4 and Code Veronica would be awesome.

Take out some of the issues with Code Veronica and you have the longest classic RE game. Would be awesome with the RE2 engine. Zombies, not too action oriented, puzzles, mansion. Cool cheesy story and it will be sweet

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Cool, I would imagine that the 2nd all-platform demo will drop that day.

I really wish they would make the OG 96 release and all the other old titles available on modern platforms, w/ trophy & achievement support. Gotta future proof those games.

Imagine if they released Outbreak and had online support, that would be amazing.

Cool, I would imagine that the 2nd all-platform demo will drop that day.

I really wish they would make the OG 96 release and all the other old titles available on modern platforms, w/ trophy & achievement support. Gotta future proof those games.

Imagine if they released Outbreak and had online support, that would be amazing.
Yes! I don't know how much work it would be to re-release all of the older games, including the spin-offs like Outbreak and Chronicles, but it would be great.

skneogaf

I really hope resident evil 8 has a 3rd person mode as a unlock for when you finish the game.

I really enjoy both 3rd person resident evil and 1st person.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
They said RE8 will be longer, have more variety of weapons and resemblence RE4, that is enough for a good game for me

SuperGooey

Can't wait. Village looks like it'll be the best new numbered RE title since RE4.I hope we see Outrage, but I'm thinking that'll be saved until after Village releases.

Meech64

Neo Member
I know the likelihood of it happening is slim to none, but I would love HD Remasters of original RE 1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica on modern consoles.

MiguelItUp

I'd still absolutely love to see the first game get the same treatment the second game got with the remake. Same style, success if not more so, everything. Would LOVE it.

Top Bottom