• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Re:Verse Closed Beta

faisalasif

I got selected for Resident Evil Re:Verse Closed Beta so I recorded some gameplay as I want see some reactions on this game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

In Resident Evil Re:Verse you can test your skills against other players in four to six-person deathmatch battles. Play as beloved characters from the Resident Evil series and turn the tides of battle with powerful bioweapons. Take part in 5-minute Deathmatches, where the player with the most points wins!

Let me know what should be the future of this game .

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The transformation after being downed is pretty cool. It makes up for being a generic shooter. It looks like it could be fun. I’m glad it’s free and it isn’t something you actually pay for. It looks like you were dominating that match. The knife kill was cool. Walking in and seeing people go at it and then firing a grenade was pretty cool. I’m optimistic about it. I like this idea of a deathmatch. It sorta follows that whole single player having a multiplayer option. I wonder how different each character plays. When I first saw this game it felt like it had some cel shaded graphics to it, but that must have been a filter used for the trailer. If you hold onto your game long enough to where you’ll play it multiple times then this multiplayer game looks great. I think games come and go. People play it when it’s out and then it’ll sit for a while. That right there could change the fate of the servers.

Last edited:

MarkyG

Reminds me of one of those Team Building 'Developer Jams' that companies have. Where developers create something in their own time, as a side project, something different.
This is just shit. Waste of time, energy and money. The only thing it has going for it is that it's a tacked on freebie as part of RE8.

Mr.ODST

Exactly this.

Dont get me wrong some people said RE:Verse is actually fun just needs some changes, but were all craving a PROPER co-op experience in the RE World, Outbreak still remains some of my favorite gaming co-op experiences ever and the classes never felt forced and everyone had a purpose.

Trying to break into the co-op versus just doesnt fit well as weve seen with their last attempt

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Dont get me wrong some people said RE:Verse is actually fun just needs some changes, but were all craving a PROPER co-op experience in the RE World, Outbreak still remains some of my favorite gaming co-op experiences ever and the classes never felt forced and everyone had a purpose.

Trying to break into the co-op versus just doesnt fit well as weve seen with their last attempt

Console wise I think Outbreak was my first true co-op experience back on the PS2. It really was amazing, and I can't understand why they haven't done something similar to it by now.

I think it's an experience that any Resident Evil fan would like to relieve in current gen.

I'd play this if I were in the Beta, just to provide feedback, but even if it were free to play once released, it just doesn't look fun.

It's really just the worst of every option they could have done.

If they wanted to go cheap, a free to play Mercenaries game, like the 3DS one, but with more players would have been fine.

If they wanted something more expensive, then Raid mode is the perfect template to build off, and could even have had a half decent plot built into it.

Then if they wanted to really push the boat out, and celebrate a quarter century of Resi properly, while making a multiplayer focused game with potential for microtransactions, Outbreak 3/Remake would have been perfect, especially with a whole new audience now knowing Raccoon City.

This REverse bollocks is just a waste of everyone's time, and will be forgotten within a year, just like that wank multiplayer game bundled with REmake 3.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
team america vomit GIF

GrayFoxPL

Looks like a mode they tested and scrapped years ago but someone found it and said: "Players wanted more content, right?

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

wipeout364

I just want to say that that Capcom went full on Co-op with Resident Evil 5 and 6 and look how much neogaf complained about those titles( I actually like them). In other words they can’t win so should just keep doing what they are doing; single player survival horror and toss a few bucks at Multiplayer stuff and maybe one will catch on.

MiguelItUp

While I appreciate this footage, surely there was an NDA? Yeah? Lmao.

Edit: I guess there isn't an NDA, I'm surprised. It's almost like they're confident about it. Or they just don't care, lmao.

Last edited:
I got selected too. Couldn't bring myself to play more than two matches. The controls are fine but the movement is very wonky. The pistol is pretty useless. Some skills are cool,reminds me of the old mercenaries modes (characters have skills and signature weapons). If this was coop,like a raid mode or a horde mode I'd be down to play it,but for a PvP it's too junky and boring .

Last edited:
Top Bottom