• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil producer says currently ‘no plans’ for Code Veronica remake

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Code Veronica was great. It's like classic RE suddenly unlocked SSJ2 or some shit. It's unforgiving, loaded with large numbers of different types of enemies. You got three playable characters exploring three pretty large areas. Wacky as fuck storyline. Actual survival horror where you're on your own figuring out storage and ammo situations from the jump. Alexia's theme and that shit that plays in the private estate are top tier RE tracks.

It's a fucking great game mired by clunkiness, unforgiving nature, and a bizarre release window.

It's 4CH, but I want to believe. The game is important in the timeline, and honestly, and underrated gem.

Besides, there are loose ends that needs to tied up on how it connects to 4, 6 years later. Claire and Chris taking off of Antarctica vowing to destroy Umbrella, and whatever the fuck happened to Steve? Wesker in the ending says his body still had the T-Veronica virus in him and he might come to haunt them both someday.

Okay, go ahead and make 5, just rush through 6 and end the remake series anyway.

Not until we get RE-REmake 1 and RE-REmake 0.

SHA

It's 4CH, but I want to believe. The game is important in the timeline, and honestly, and underrated gem.

Besides, there are loose ends that needs to tied up on how it connects to 4, 6 years later. Claire and Chris taking off of Antarctica vowing to destroy Umbrella, and whatever the fuck happened to Steve? Wesker in the ending says his body still had the T-Veronica virus in him and he might come to haunt them both someday.

Not until we get RE-REmake 1 and RE-REmake 0.
Hahaha, the trick worked, CV REmake is confirmed.

Jesb

These remakes could actually use the actual power of these consoles. Playing the RE4 remake and I’m not impressed with these graphics. Should just go all in and make a game using the full power. My choice would be for the GC version of the REmake made again. Followed by CV.

gamer82

i'd be happy with a remake of the first game in this new engine you can't leave the collection with that missing lol Then call it a day for a while with the remakes and just concentrate on new stories characters to carry the series on.

Last edited:
Only my opinion... but Capcom will totally remake Code Veronica. The question is when. Next up or after Resident Evil 5.

The remakes of 2, 3 and 4 have been highly profitable for them and they will want to continue that until they catch up to 7 which is a modern game (am sure even 7 will get remade eventually at some point like ps7 or something)

That said, once they are roughly done with RE remakes they will probably remake other IPs. As long as people buy, they will make.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars

Top Bottom