• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Perfumes and Herbs Officially Released by Capcom

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In one of the most bizarre announcements so far, Capcom has started selling three different perfumes based on characters from the franchise: Leon S. Kennedy, Jill Valentine, and Chris Redfield. The scents can be found on the Japanese version of the Capcom Store, but there has been no announcement about a local release. That means fans in North America probably won't have a way to acquire the perfumes unless they can find a website offering imports.

resident-evil-perfume-1276964.jpeg

Thanks mods for the title change

Soul Train Love GIF

Last edited:

Impotaku

Umm where the fuck is hunk or tofu's scent?? What about tyrant too??

With it been Japan i'm surprised Sherry didn't get one as well, the scent of innocence by capcom.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Japan has all the cool stuff. Capcom and Square-Enix cafes and memorabilia stores. They put our cheap limited edition overpriced stuff to shame. I did look into ZenMarket. Apparently they can purchase items from Japanese websites for you. I ended up just using Play-Asia, but they don’t have everything. I realize it’s not something that will sell a ton of, but it would be cool to have a chance at purchasing it. Cloud and Sephiroth had their own line of cologne/perfume. It makes me think that there are more hardcore fans in Japan because the west doesn’t see any of this. Yet, the sales in the west are apparently larger? What’s up with that?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
$6? Nope. $16? Nope. $46? Nope.

6,380 Yen = about $60 US.

Dont forget to tell your friends you're wearing Capcom Resident Evil perfume for $60.

Camreezie

Im good, I smelt a resident evil 2 candle they were selling a couple years ago and was almost sick if they were going for decaying flesh that would be fine

NahaNago

Japan has all the cool stuff. Capcom and Square-Enix cafes and memorabilia stores. They put our cheap limited edition overpriced stuff to shame. I did look into ZenMarket. Apparently they can purchase items from Japanese websites for you. I ended up just using Play-Asia, but they don’t have everything. I realize it’s not something that will sell a ton of, but it would be cool to have a chance at purchasing it. Cloud and Sephiroth had their own line of cologne/perfume. It makes me think that there are more hardcore fans in Japan because the west doesn’t see any of this. Yet, the sales in the west are apparently larger? What’s up with that?
Probably just simpler to deal with Japan. You have access to millions of folks in a small area, you can easily create shops or cafes in the Tokyo-ish area since it is local, and easily get fans to come and visit.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Resident Evil franchise, and while the series has changed a lot over the years, some elements have remained a staple of the games. Take, for instance, the red and green herbs that players come across. These healing items debuted in the first Resident Evil, and they've become a pretty iconic element of the series. It makes a bit of sense then, that Resident Evil fans can now purchase these herbs for themselves through Capcom's online store in Japan. Capcom's offerings are actually bath salts, but they look a lot like the crushed-up herbs from the games!

resident-evil-herbs-1279293.jpeg

nkarafo

I don't get it. Somehow Capcom ended up with gallons of unsold perfumes stock and they want to get rid of it?

baphomet

Too bad these are not sold in NA

Or you could just buy some cologne that wouldn't make you look like an ultra dork sitting in your cabinet.

But if you do need some cologne to let everyone smell how much of a nerd you are, you can get Davidoff Cool Water with Ryu or Chun-Li on the bottle 😂

I'm just giving you a hard time, but there are much better colognes to buy than these.

Last edited:
I mean, for that price you can already get into some high quality perfumes by well known brands....But, I'm not gonna lie, I did once buy a "video game character based perfume" but it was from Etsy and it was way cheaper than this, and to be honest it smelled really good lol

Top Bottom