• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Netflix Series Character Info Leaks.

dan76

Sounds terrible, why the hell don't they at least use characters from the games? Can it be any worse than the movies? Probably.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I bet my balls on at least one of them being lesbian.
Is going to be Rebecca or/and Ada. Even thou Ada makes out with Leon, she will be in a scene having lesbian sex for no reason at all, just for the sake of messing with Leon

But seriously, if the show is Witcher level of good, it's going to be awesome

Lol
Black Jill or Claire, and gay Chris or Leon incoming too?

( as usual, no offence to anyone as I'm neither mysoginist or racist or else, but excuse me if I start pessimist when they put females as leads, this choice is pretty much sjw guided nowadays)

A lot of folks here have hatred towards lgtbq. It's stupid and if it's woke and sjw then they bring up gay or trans characters as if that inmediatly makes something bad.

But hey, just forget those people man, you do your thing :)

Correction a lot of people here just want coherent stories and characters without forced political agendas. Hating the LGBT community has nothing to do with this. Get your facts straight, yes idiots are out there but coming from a film lover It is really easy to see that Hollywood is forcing their political opinions sacrificing plot and character in many films.

It's just really annoying when you put everyone in a group like that when you clearly don't understand the situation, or maybe you do but you just want to perpetuate a certain mindset for internet brownie points.

MMaRsu

Banned
Correction a lot of people here just want coherent stories and characters without forced political agendas. Hating the LGBT community has nothing to do with this. Get your facts straight, yes idiots are out there but coming from a film lover It is really easy to see that Hollywood is forcing their political opinions sacrificing plot and character in many films.

This is true, but minor on this website. Anything with a gay or trans person in it, is automatically SJW and woke. See Cyberpunk or many other threads.

ExpandKong

Banned
This is true, but minor on this website. Anything with a gay or trans person in it, is automatically SJW and woke. See Cyberpunk or many other threads.

Eh, there's "simply having a gay or trans person in it," and then there's (in Cyberpunk's case) "putting a woman with a huge dick very visibly bulging inside her panties on a giant billboard."

Cyberpunk's an odd case anyway because the whole cybernetic modification angle can lend itself pretty naturally to that kinda stuff in a story, but man that billboard was something else lol.

With this RE thing, it's just tiring. It's a long-running game series with extensive (albeit silly) lore and history behind it, and the first thing we hear about this series is "it's about our two OC plz don't steal characters who are Wesker's daughters."

Sure the assumptions here could be wrong (and I'm sure nothing's been meant to disparage the real actual LGBT community), but this is Hollywood in 2020 (nevermind Netflix itself). The writing's kind of on the wall for this.

Roni

Gold Member
Edit: is your post referred to the grammatical error?

If so, I'm an idiot lol

My english is a bit rusty :(

Nah, man. It's not your English... It's 'cause you were saying that you weren't a misogynist and then you immediately went to say you're pessimistic about women as leads. hahaha

But don't worry, I'm not judging you. Just having a chuckle for it. We're all friends here!

Nah, man. It's not your English... It's 'cause you were saying that you weren't a misogynist and then you immediately went to say you're pessimistic about women as leads. hahaha

But don't worry, I'm not judging you. Just having a chuckle for it. We're all friends here!

Oh, ok!

Mm, it's that very often they make females choices to make sjw happy, more than effectively chosing a good female cast for real reasons, and this keep happening more and more, so I'm pessimistic

Look at ghostbusters, star Wars sequel trilogy and more

Geki-D

Banned
I really don't get why they just can't follow the game's plot. A series based around the mansion outbreak then Raccoon City would be cool, they could even open with the rise of Umbrella, have it set in the 60's with Spencer, Markus & Ashford discovering the progenitor virus and testing it, building it into the T virus then hiring Birkin and creating G. We could get at least 3 or 4 good seasons before they ruin it with all the Wesker nonsense, just like the games.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Why not have Leon or Jill or Leon with Ada?
Or hunk or Tofu!

because....
"...the leaker has suggested that the Resident Evil series won't really follow the games. This should allow the creators of the TV show to do whatever they want with the series and don't have to worry about keeping to the plot of the games."
☝that

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Uhm yeah?!
I am not sure what you’re trying to say.

Why can it be like The Witcher? Leon or Jill as main will garner more attention than new characters.

just answering your question

they dont want to be creatively held back by already established characters and story lines. so they created new characters so they can ignore all of that and do whatever they want.

i'm not a fan of it, but that is what they are doing, and what they have been doing since the first resident evil film back in the early 2000's.

GV82

Resident Evil series won't really follow the games

Damn why are they still so frightened of following the games? Why not just come up with a different Zombie show instead of using a well known brand name to push something which will probably be lousy (Hope I am proven wrong)

Still salty that they refused George Romero a chance way back when, the godfather of modern Zombie media as we know them now could have made something great see his advert for example.

Who knows about the Wesker kids plot leaks, it looks sketchy to me, BUT a Netflix show is happening:

Who may be attached to this or at least a film reboot? Who even knows with these producers:

I have no hype due to Constantin Film but setting the record straight is still valuable. The new show may be filmed in South Africa btw. No expenses are being spent here...
Racoon City is in the American midwestern for all that care.

Edit: No Greenwood Asylum exists in the canon. I checked. The closest we have is this from Outbreak 2:

That part of the game was really out there and pushed the paranormal (but not really) angle of the RE lore. We still sci-fi bois and Outbreak is canon.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

This reminds me of being 10 years old, trying to find anything I could on the upcoming Resident Evil: Ground Zero film (the original title for the first RE movie before 9/11 took place).

Except this time, I'm not looking for info on this new Netflix series, and I don't care. Haha! I think RE just works better as a Capcom video game.

mcjmetroid

Guys cmon now the story in resident evil games were never really all that good in the first place and this comes as a big fan of them.

And anyway the story has been done to death. Umbrella, Mansion blagh

I appreciate them trying something different. It doesn't have to be awful like the movies.

SuperGooey

Guys cmon now the story in resident evil games were never really all that good in the first place and this comes as a big fan of them.

And anyway the story has been done to death. Umbrella, Mansion blagh

I appreciate them trying something different. It doesn't have to be awful like the movies.
Honestly, I think RE would work better as an anime.

RE was always about anime characters in an American B-movie horror setting, then the sequels (namely RE2 and RE3) were anime characters in 90s Hollywood blockbuster movies, like Aliens/Terminator 2. As much as people want to pretend that RE is supposed to be some indie horror film; it isn't. Those people just want The Evil Dead (minus Ash and the fun weirdness that goes with those films).

Actually... hmmmm.... Come to think of it, the only director I'd trust with a Hollywood live-action movie would be Sami Raimi. He understands horror, he understands cheesy, but likable characters, and he always injects weirdness and style into his films.

Hugare

I have some faith on the new movie

But this series will be such a trainwreck.

Will be amazing to see

They are half sisters so one of them can be black. That way they can get some woke-points while they stick it to the blue-eyed blonde patriarch!

iu

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Was it so hard to just adapt the Original game into a show? Why not just do that? Hell set it in 1998 as well

I always thought the first game had good bones for a serious sci-fi film. I guess the film/tv execs don't see it that way.

Top Bottom