• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8 vs. Resident Evil 7 - BIG Differences You Need To Know

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With Resident Evil 7, the survival horror series hit the reset button. As it sought to reinvent itself and go back to its horror roots, not only did it take a back to the basics approach, it also started from scratch in many ways- and as such, it was a pretty focused, zoomed in experience.

Now that the series has a steady foundation in place though, it's looking to escalate things with Resident Evil Village, which is RE's next step forward in the first person horror space. Many things separate the two games, with the upcoming sequel making several changes and improvements over its predecessor, and here, we're going to talk about a few of them.

assurdum

Banned
I have started to play RE7 on my pro. Anyone has ever noticed the introduction, when you drive the car through the forest, the environment out of the car it's just a fucking (terrible compressed) videos in real time? Jeez 😳 so low resolution

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Started to play RE7 yesterday. Some things are good others not so much. I think this game need desperately of a dodge button more than the parrying. Example: fight to enemies with the parry button feels so stupid and it's horrible can't avoid their attack in other ways. The boss battle with the chainsaw hurts my nerve and I finished it casually, I really don't understand some gameplay mechanics especially against to boss which are too much scripted around a single strategy, if you don't use it, it becomes frustrating as hell to play.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Started to play RE7 yesterday. Some things are good others not so much. I think this game need desperately of a dodge button more than the parrying. Example: fight to enemies with the parry button feels so stupid and it's horrible can't avoid their attack in other ways. The boss battle with the chainsaw hurts my nerve and I finished it casually, I really don't understand some gameplay mechanics especially against to boss which are too much scripted around a single strategy, if you don't use it, it becomes frustrating as hell to play.
The problem with the bosses is they feel like they're designed around a 3rd person viewpoint. Makes them total ass to play.

assurdum

Banned
The problem with the bosses is they feel like they're designed around a 3rd person viewpoint. Makes them total ass to play.
I think with just a dodge button as Dying Light, the problem would be easily solved.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i didn't play resident evil 7 before i played 8
Because i didn't feel like a first person resi game.. at the time.. And vr seemed way too spooky

and since i loved 8 so much, I went back and played 7.
boy i was wrong,

7 is good like really good.
Heck even the DLC was fun.. only played.. the redfield. the bedroom and the brother of baker.
rest was blegh imo.

But after having finished 7 after 8.. I am at a dilemma.
I like both games a lot. Not sure what game i prefer,

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
fuck it since i just finished 7. i might feel brave enough to give resi 7 VR a try

-edit- nope fuck that

hell no everything is like 100 times scarier

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I have started to play RE7 on my pro. Anyone has ever noticed the introduction, when you drive the car through the forest, the environment out of the car it's just a fucking (terrible compressed) videos in real time? Jeez 😳 so low resolution
Yea, RE7 definitely has some low res textures. I think it's a combination of the RE Engine being new and making it playable on VR.

I love that scene with Ethan's car cause it's like something straight out of Evil Dead 2.

iu

Top Bottom