• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8: Village coming in Q1 2021

nani17

are in a big trouble
resident_evil_8_village_biohazardcast_mockup_1.jpg

The Resident Evil 8 leaks just keep on coming.

For the third time in a week, a new batch of Resident Evil 8 details has leaked. One of Biohazardcast‘s frequent leakers got in touch with the site again to reveal more about the upcoming game.

According to their emails, which the site wasn’t able to verify, the game’s clever title will work its Roman numeral 8 (VII) into it to create Resident Evil 8: Village. The project is reportedly set for release in the first quarter of 2021, so by the end of March.

The release target matches the information revealed by a different insider, Dusk Golem, who recently suggested that the game will be revealed soon. As Golem’s own sources indicated, Resident Evil 8 is a first-person game starring Ethan (Resi 7 protagonist), as well as Chris Redfield.

Biohazardcast’s source revealed that Capcom is currently working on the game’s inventory system, which they say will be a mix of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 7. The Witch, an ever-present enemy chasing Ethan has popped up once again. The Witch haunts the player in a similar way to Resident Evil 7’s Marguerite. Dealing enough damage will force her to dissipate into insects.
The game’s European village setting will also play host to new mechanics such as hallucinations that the leaker says will make it harder to discern what’s real and what isn’t. These details also line up with earlier leaks, but Dusk Golem says those elements won’t be the major focus.

Much of this information seemingly came out of a recent playtest Capcom held, though testers obviously weren’t privy to many official details, such as game name and so on – only what they had access to within the demo.

It’s worth taking all of this with a pinch of salt, even if much of it sounds very plausible. The timeline of announcement and release may also change, what with the current pandemic and all.

Source

REDRZA MWS

I really hope this game isn’t first person. Nothing against first person views or games because I do enjoy them, it’s just not a “RE” type of thing to do and I don’t know how it will translate to the look and feel of the game.

vpance

From the title, it seems like they’re content with making side stories and remakes for the foreseeable future. Would love to be wrong though.

GrayChild

Gold Member
Interestingly this both contradicts as well as confirms parts of this rumor:

EvilVR is even less trustworthy than Dusk Golem.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So after playing and finishing RE2R and RE3R, all I want from Capcom and RE games at this point is to get the proper continuation on Leon / Clair and Jill / Carlos stories cuz we never got them to this day. Instead there was RECV, RE4, RE5, RE6 and Revelations which didn't care about what was set up in RE2 and RE3 and non of these games actually felt like proper continuations of RE2 and RE3.

But now that we have amazing remakes (in my eyes at least) of the second and third game, I think Capcom actually has a chance to make this right now and follow up these two games with even better sequels and to tell stories we never got while also staying true to what remakes acomplished and never steer towards RE4, RE5 and especially RE6 and make these games more action and kill the series again.

I liked RE7 and finished it 2 times, but it's not an RE game, it just tries to be one and the more I hear about RE8, the more I fill like I won't like this game especially after playing remakes of RE2 and RE3.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Gold Member
I can't help but be hyped for this game more than anything else right now.

Currently Resident Evil is the only AAA horror franchise that is in good shape, is actually selling well and is well received both by fans and the press. Also, all 4 RE games released this gen have been absolutely amazing and I don't mind the series becoming an annual thing.

Last edited:

Lux R7

i'm not sold about Ethan, i would prefer Chris + Claire, Claire + Jill or (dreaming) Leon + Jill (maybe in RE 9, do it capcom).
That said, i kinda think that the fps helps if the protagonist is just a random person (that is not used to the horrors of RE) but with classic characters i feel that the third person works better.

We might have to wait for Resident Evil Revelations 3 to see more third-person survival horror starring another classic character.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
And why would Ethan go a Village exactly?
Also Capcom never has characters return in a direct sequel.
We might have to wait for Resident Evil Revelations 3 to see more third-person survival horror starring another classic character.
Well if we believe this is true then this is/was Revelations 3.
So Revelations 3 was FPS?
I'm calling BS.
I doubt they gonna use another game projectand slap RE name on it like they did with RE7.

We know the RE2 Remake team is handling RE8.
And they're pretty much Pro 3rd Person as they tried First Person with RE2 Remake and it didn't work.
That's why they settled on OTS.
They even said RE2 Remake is the template for the series as they finally found the formula of modern gameplay that's true to the series roots.
Even their surveys indicates this, even if they are asking about another REmake

Last edited:

abcdrstuv

Banned
Just like RE7 this sounds more like a new IP that will try to convince us it's a RE game than an actual RE game.

Easy skip for me.

All the werewolf etc. talk made me think they’d be better off spinning the project into some kind of Super Ghouls N Ghosts revival..

Top Bottom