• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8 Rumors

yurinka

You don't need to be an insider: REVII team released that game while ago so must be working in annother game. It's the biggest Capcom IP with Monster Hunter and REVII, RE2R and RE3R had awesome sales numbers.

So knowing that Capcom loves to make sequels and ports, even if it isn't officially confirmed it's obvious and 100% sure that Capcom will release RE8 and RE4R sooner or later.

After 2 remakes, seems that it's time for RE8 to be their next project. REVII was released on January 2017, so even if some people of the team may have worked on DLC, Switch port, the remakes or even other Capcom games, many people from REVII must have been working on RE8 since January 2017 aprox so it's very possible that they may have RE8 ready before March 2021. Looking at the other Capcom AAA teams and when they did release games or are still providing post launch content, this one seems to be the one most likely to be released for this fiscal year.

So yes, it's very likely that Capcom will release RE8 very likely in the last quarter of this fiscal year (January-March 2021, and maybe if lucky before). Which means that it would be likely to be announced this summer. RE8 is big enough to be in a platform holder next gen console reveal, and MS didn't announce it with their 3rd party Series X. Which means that will be on Sony's streams and probably in this first one.

Bardiche

I know the main focus is on Ethan, Chris, Emily and Alan but I'm surprised and intrigued by the return of Natalia/Alex Wesker. It would be nice to get an update on Barry and Claire since Revelations 2.

SUPERGGK

I really loved Re7 (even the ship part) so I am really looking forward to this. Hopefully we will get to see it at the ps5 reveal event.

Collin

Banned
RE7 is one of my favorite games of the last ten years so of course i’m hyped.

Gotta say though, castles and a village? Meh. Sounds too similar to re4 and i’ve seen so many castles in my video game life. I loved how small scale 7 was with its southern estate vibe. The likelihood of these specific rumors being true are astronomically low, but there’s no doubt in my mind a RE8 reveal is coming soon and i think this thursday at the playstation event is very very likely.

ksdixon

7HCo71R.png

Arachnid

I like all the specifics he's giving. It's going to really add to his cred if he's accurate.

Or destroy it if he's not. Don't f*ck me on Silent Hill, Dusk Golem.

ksdixon

Chris looks different. More like how he would have looked after 6, but aged-up.

So who the FUCK was that at the end of RE7?

Arachnid

Damn, I was hoping for winter break. It would have been a great game to achievement hunt during my one month break.

ksdixon

I'm a little dissapointes thst RE8 doesn't seem to include psvr. You'd fucking shit yourself if you got chased by a werewolf through the forest in VR.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In September we published a rumor that a source of ours told us that Claire Redfield was added in Resident Evil Village and would surprise many people.

According to our source, the character will appear when less fans wait (just like Chris in Resident Evil 7). And that the dubbing would be Stephanie Panisello again, the same one that gave voice to the character in Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Perhaps Resident Evil Village has some connection with the Resident Evil animation series: Infinite Darkness, which is being made by Capcom in partnership with Netflix. It is worth remembering that the animations of Resident Evil complement the games, example: Resident Evil Degeneration complements Resident Evil 5.

Another information that matches our rumor, is that a tester of the Resident Evil Ambassador in contact with the people of Biohazard Cast, said he saw a picture of Claire, Chris when they were still children and their parents, in Chris's inventory; besides a letter from Claire herself.

Top Bottom