• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 and how VR makes games “better”...what are your horror VR picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGEsoterica

Vanilla RE 7 was a legit solid game; inventive, fresh feeling and all around a vast improvement from 5 and 6. Scare wise though RE has never been a very “scary” with a capital S series though.

Throw on a PSVR headset though? It goes from “a few jump scares here and there” to flat out 10/10 anxiety inducing, “bring a spare pair of pants” level horror gaming.

It’s hyper impressive what Capcom was able to pull off in VR, especially considering how new PSVR was at that point in time and just how less powerful it is as a platform compared to the PC headsets. Considering I have a PC VR headset and a PSVR it’s extra impressive that one of my fav horror VR experiences is on console.

The level of immersion in RE 7 when you have a headset strapped to your face and over the ear headphones on is off the charts intense. It’s one of those “play for an hour than you are done” types of games for me. I just can’t handle long play sessions (not due to motion sickness...just due to straight up stress)

Im curious to hear other recs for VR horror games though? I need something new for Halloween and I’m tired of the same old jump scare VR games that barely have any gameplay and stories that are terrible or non existent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom