• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 Receives Surprise Patch After 13 Years on PC and removes Games For Windows Live requirement from the game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The PC version of Resident Evil 5 received a new update today, over 13 years after its original release on Steam. With the new patch, Capcom has finally removed the outdated Games For Windows Live requirement from the game and added support for a local split-screen co-op mode.

While Capcom didn't announce the release of the Resident Evil 5 patch, fans quickly noticed that the game received a new update on Steam with some short patch notes earlier today. Aside from the aforementioned changes above, Capcom has fixed a number of bugs with the recent update. At the time of writing, today's patch only appears to have been released for the PC version of the game.

Resident Evil 5 was originally released back in March 2009 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The PC version arrived after a short delay in September of the same year.

Update Contents:
------------------------------
- Removed Games for Windows Live support.
- Will support local split screen co-op.
- Some other minor bug fixes.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm waiting to see if the bugs that required fan patches to fix have been fixed also, but its pretty sweet, now I can just sit on the couch in the living room with my flatmate and play the whole game coop with no hassle at all! You could always do online coop and we could LAN it and use a headset to talk to each other but I find headphones not as good as surround sound and uncomfortable generally so would rather not have to.

This way we can literally glance at each others windows in case we can't describe ideas/tactics/situations. Only "downside" is not getting the big 65" screen to myself but its not exactly a problem, I remember playing splitscreen on a 15" CRT and then a 40" LCD so its luxury really. Since the game can be ran at 4K + 8xMSAA at locked 60fps on a GTX 1080 as well its still going to look clean af even in splitscreen.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Well that is weird. Especially adding split screen co-op after all these years, I mean it is so old I have a physical PC copy.

Filben

Games for Windows Live
star wars GIF

raduque

Wow, I can finally finish it! I played it a very long time ago and had to put it down for a while right before the Wesker fight. I never got around to reinstalling it due to GfWL.

Top Bottom