• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake Leaked Screenshot

Md Ray

Meme Kombucha GIF

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looks pretty, but that's it. RE4 still holds up today and doesn't need a remake. This is just RE4 with a lick of paint.

You know what should be remade before RE4? Code Veronica and Dino Crisis.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
That's going to look pretty ridiculous if it's still young boy Leon's face when you turn the camera.

717e418cec851cb8f204820cf5f97cb5.gif

RE2_Sept_Screen8.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Hopefully they do the whole damn game this time around. REmake2 was a stripped down affair; what we got was still great, but the lack of a full scenario B hurt it in comparison to the original. REmake3 got properly shafted. Resident Evil 4 is a hell of a lot of game; 16 hours for just the main storyline. Resident Evil 7 was like 8 hours, and apparently 8 is shorter than that. I really do hope that if Capcom is going to churn out a remake to 4... they don't cheap out.

Im calling BS on this too. I don’t remember that room from anywhere in RE4 and I’ve played the game on pretty much every console it’s been made available on.

Looks great!.
With how loved this game is, i wonder if it will sell more than RE2 remake.
I think it will. The younger generation know more about RE4 than they do about RE2. Well they aint young anymore either lol but you get my point. RE4 is worth like 2 classics in 1.

REsident Evil 4 is the only game that I've played across three different console generations and I might sound like a broken record for saying this. I absolutely can't wait for the remake announcement. I hope this is true and not fake news

brian0057

Banned
Yes, and unnecessarily so. Jesus fucking christ, I'm playing through it currently, and there are just so many bullshit moments, it feels like a chore to even get through. Made it to Chapter 5 and I'm just dreading having to finish it. It's like a slow torture.
The village is the best part of the game. It would be better if that was at least twice as long.
The castle is where the game starts to drag. It's way too fucking long, it should be at least half as long as it currently is.
The island should be removed altogether. Easily the worst part of the game. Move the regenerators and the iron maidens to an underground lab underneath the castle.

Nostalgia has blinded people to just how dreadful RE4 can get. I love it but It's not even in my top 5 Resident Evil games.

Last edited:
Look fake to me, but I am a little nervous what they are going to do with the Remake. You know how literally everything has to appeal to the lowest common denominator and casuals these days.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t have much faith in an RE4 remake for a lot of reasons:

- RE2make, while great, still had to cut some corners remaking a game that honestly isn’t very long. RE2 original is like a 6-7 hour game first play through not knowing what to do, and a 2-4 hour game on replays. RE4 is a 10-16 hour game, with 10 being average replay time and 16 being first play through.

Making a faithful remake would likely not be possible with the amount work on the graphics required for each area of the game, especially in a 2 year dev cycle. I’d love to be proven wrong, but it seems a dubious outcome at best.

- This leaves them with the possible choice to make the game to be more of a “reimagining” as a way to cut corners. This would result in a game that’s most definitely disappointing like RE3make, which is not something Capcom should want to do with a game as universally loved as RE4. They’d probably drop a lot of the campy dialogue too which would be a crime.

- I’ve seen some supposed “leaks” (I wish I had time to find/link the source right now), that RE4 make will be a weird reimagining that mashes both 4 and Code Veronica into one game where you play as Leon and Claire and it happens right after RE2 and will reset/replace the canon of RE4-6. I really hope this isn’t the case because that would just be stupid af. If they did go this route it should just be a new game that takes place before RE4 that connect CV and 4 possibly.

Personally I think the best thing they can do is try and make a 1:1 remake of 4 that keeps basically everything intact, except add new controls for babies who can’t comprehend tank controls, and give it at least 3-4 years in the oven. Also bring back laser sights for guns.

Showed this shot to my brother and he pointed out it looks like somebody just pasted Leon’s head onto Hunk’s model and put it in an RE8 location. So yeah I’m gonna call bullshit on this.

Kuranghi

Yes this is fake as image above shows.

RE4 will definitely cut corners like RE2/3R, no doubt in my mind about that, I have no problem with that though. I want them to make a fun game not be beholden to the original content even if its not fun with the new combat style (being able to move and shoot at same time). Cut the chaff and make something a tiny bit more streamlined.

I loved RE4, its definitely one of the best games ever made imo, but to say every moment is pure gold is just silly, some of it could easily be cut. I'm in the minority of loving RE3R and I think most of the cut content was for the best in that game so I'm not worried about RE4R being cut down at all. This way of leaving tons on the cutting room floor and pruning everything back has always been the japanese way of developing and even moreso with RE games it seems so what happened with RE2/3R isn't really all that surprising to me.

Scenario B being reduced to what it was really sucks but probably their thinking was, if someone goes through Leon and Claire's runs are they really going to do B runs after that? 20 hours of survival horror is probably more than enough for most casual players I'm sure.

Sucks big balls for people who want to see every second/cm of the game (myself included) but these games aren't like the giganto productions of the west we've become used to and if I really want to try and see through the code (also a path to pain lol) and don't suspend my disbelief all the time I can see RE7, RE2/3R and RE8 all have many parts (often the most crucial, story-wise, or tone/mood/scene-setting sections as well!) that are kinda held together by twigs and string from a technical/workflow perspective.

If its not somewhere you will be spending a tons of time or a system that can be reapplied to many scenes throughout the game they aren't going to spend a ton of time on it, hence obviously reused assets and fudged animations for things that aren't just the backdrop and are right in your face. Or just having reference to things that aren't even in the game anymore. Its how they get products shipped without spending a bajillion yen and then "needing" to have 10 million sales to recoup costs. I believe RE3R still made a decent profit with its ~4M sales for instance, so its not a failure in isolation, just in comparison to how much they knocked it out of the park with RE2R.

I like to enjoy what I have, not what I don't have in a piece of media/art. If what was there was disappointing that would be a different story, but it mostly isn't for me. The alternative is either bad: A path to pain with you becoming more and more jaded (without understanding the reality of making art/media, ie money comes first and there are 1000 different factors that can/will hamper a creative vision), or great: Becoming a developer youself and doing better.

OrionNebula

Hopefully the environment is more interactive than village
That’s always my first gripe with the RE engine. Looks good on the surface, but almost everyrhing is super static

Have real doubts this screenshot is legit, though. They’d never ditch the Leon look from RE4 that much

Cutty Flam

Banned
100% that was done by a fan. They just copied and pasted RE2 Remake of Leon, changed his attire and brightened up a room lol

That pic looks like 10x worse than what you see in the Resident Evil 4 HD for the Xbox 360 version of RE4

Top Bottom