• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 remake ships 2 million in five days

sublimit

Banned

Chittagong

Gold Member
I think they blew the launch by going so fast from reveal to release. Not much time for hype to build. I went today on PSN to preorder the game only to find it’s available already :D

Aggelos

You guys know what this means : MORE REMAKES INCOMING!!! STOP YOUR GRININ' AND DROP YOUR LINEN!
Remakes all ovah da place!

"Capcom also announced that total shipments and digital sales for its January 2019-released Resident Evil 2 remake have surpassed 6.5 million units. It was last reported in February to have moved 5.8 million units as of December 31, 2019. "

Last edited:

iorek21

Not great numbers, but I guess it was expected. Short playtime, cut content, no mercenaries... that scares consumers.

They should know better

What are you guys smoking? This is great and promises more Remakes. Given almost no hype time and the demo a week before and the situation going on in the world this is not bad AT ALL!

GrayChild

Considering the release window and the current global situation, that's not bad at all. I actually expected it to do a bit worse.

Shakka43

These are pretty good numbers considering where the world is at now, people may have more time to play games but they are also more conservative on how to use their money.

Saber

Gold Member
This is not good news for me because of how much low content those games have. Which will lead to very short remakes, with the same gameplay, reused zombie models and iconic places removed althogether. They will think people are fine with that and will follow up with this model.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
it's resident evil 3. I'm not expected best sales from this opus
Yeah, the original RE3 didn't do crazy sales either. RE2 is like a legendary landmark game, RE3 really wasn't so I'd expect it's sales to have about the same gulf between RE2R that classic RE3 had with classic RE2.

That said, 2 million is still really good.

Not good game at all.
Don't waste 60$ on this, a friend advice...Wait a sale.

More info why on the OT, for spoilers purpose.

GenericUser

I didn't bite because I heard it was pretty short with little replay value and FF7R was right around the corner. I'm glad it did reasonably well nonetheless. Will definitly get it down the line, once it's under 20 bucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom