• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Resident Evil 3 |OT| Shooting for the S.T.A.R.S.

Aggelos

Apr 5, 2007
Greece, N. Mixaniona
Ellie and Joel, right smack in the middle of the Raccoon City outbreak.
Joel "What are you doin' kiddo?"
Ellie "Trying to lose that nasty-piece-of-work Nemesis f*cker"
Joel "You think you're gonna go through this alone?"
Ellie "Now that you mention it, was really counting on ya. Where's Dina though?"

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: BasedPrime

SkylineRKR

Jun 22, 2011
Holland
This is on sale on PSN. Finally got it.

Its good. Its very good in fact. Graphics, gameplay are sublime. But its nothing like the original. Its completely different. I guess the characters are the same, but Carlos has been overhauled. It does feel like you're escaping though. It does that well. Its streamlined, but there are still puzzles and ways to open doors.

I knew about the Clocktower being removed etc on forehand, but I didn't expect it to be so radically different when I actually see it through. Its not that its been cut short, its bigger than the original. But it does feel cut short compared to RE2R. I also wished Resistance was gone in favor of Mercs and all.

Sep 14, 2014
My PSU died over the summer and I haven't replaced it yet and I don't have anything else really to play modern games on except an old Xbone I don't use. I think prices for PC components are a little jacked from COVID fallout.

I haven't played RE3make still, but never plan to I think. Waiting and hoping for RE4make which will be massively interesting to see if they steer that game into something closer to the classic formula. Still haven't played RE7 so RE8 isn't something I'm looking at.

RE3 mods are still really good. Speedruns haven't changed that much from what I've seen as the game has been fully routed with the DA manipulation.

Reactions: SEGA_2012

SkylineRKR

Jun 22, 2011
Holland
I beat it in 5 hours. I prefer the original.

I liked the second form of Nemesis. I liked Mercs. Doing speedruns with minigun and RL. The choices.. And nemesis terrorizes you for far longer. Here he appears in one area basically, and after that he's just a repeated boss battle. This is a very fun romp, but absolutely not as good as the original. Not even sure if its really bigger. I think the original took me around the same time on the first go. But its a slower game ofcourse.

Last edited:

Estocolmo

Jul 24, 2012
Stockholm
I agree with what most people says here about the game but one thing I really wanted more was to see and explore Raccoon City.

Sub Boss

Mar 6, 2013
This is on sale on PSN. Finally got it.

Its good. Its very good in fact. Graphics, gameplay are sublime. But its nothing like the original. Its completely different. I guess the characters are the same, but Carlos has been overhauled. It does feel like you're escaping though. It does that well. Its streamlined, but there are still puzzles and ways to open doors.

I knew about the Clocktower being removed etc on forehand, but I didn't expect it to be so radically different when I actually see it through. Its not that its been cut short, its bigger than the original. But it does feel cut short compared to RE2R. I also wished Resistance was gone in favor of Mercs and all.
I disagree there being puzzles at all but the first half at the city is very fun and they have good art direction, better than RE2 even

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TheSadRanger