• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 "Director's Cut - Nemesis Edition" being announced at TGS 2021

KiteGr

iRux7tQ.gif

While I already finished the half baked edition, I'll be more than pleased if a proper version of the game exists in this world for me to buy it (in retail).

Now I want a "Director's Cut" of RE2 where the "2nd run mode" is more different than than the normal run with different cutscenes and being at least consistent to the first run's lore.

EDIT:
FUCK! IT'S FAKE....

Last edited:
Not that I believe this rumor but is “Director’s Cut” going to be the new subtitle for complete editions of games? /s 😂…………. 😭

dDoc

Capcom should be ashamed for not fleshing out the SP of R3make more instead of adding that shitty online mode.

Its not like Capcom is renowned for providing cool online MP experiences.

Capcom should be ashamed for not fleshing out the SP of R3make more instead of adding that shitty online mode.

It was worked on by their B Team while the main core team worked on Village. That's why.

Aranea

Resident Evil 3 Remake was outsourced same with RE Resistance which was another studio and both were given the time and money to be good. Resident Evil Resistance is not the reason why RE 3 remake was such a mess. That's the fault of M-Two for deciding to cut corners and not making a faithful remake.

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Not sure if real, but super exciting if true! I loved RE3 remake - it was a short campaign, but designed to be replayed over and over - and I did! I've probably finished it 7 or 8 times with different difficulties, different weapons or cheats enabled. Super fun game to speedrun and mess around with.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Started a new game in RE3R last night cause of this thread. Such a shame the game is so short because the production value is fantastic. The game has such an awesome tone and is a blast to play but just too many cuts from the original. I enjoy what we got but such a shame. RE3R could have been legendary, instead it's just a fun game.

dDoc

Resident Evil 3 Remake was outsourced same with RE Resistance which was another studio and both were given the time and money to be good. Resident Evil Resistance is not the reason why RE 3 remake was such a mess. That's the fault of M-Two for deciding to cut corners and not making a faithful remake.

Im sure the game was rushed out the door. Seems Capcom wants an RE game present each year.

But Im also certain the online component, which IMO sucked balls, took away resources that could have been used to improve the main game.

Astral Dog

Sounds fake as hell. Story connections to Village? lol

BUT i guess it could happen as M two is not doing anything after RE4Remake was taken from them and an improved RE3 would be a safe option.

but oh boy they will have to change almost everything for me to buy that trap again

Osaka_Boss

Capcom director board it the one to blame, not M-2. They wanted RE3 out before the end of the fiscal year, regardless of quality. They prioritized multiplayer s*t first. It was never Capcom's intention to deliver something as amazing as RE2, and that's a damn shame.

And this just shows that they wanted RE3 in one year, and RE8 on the next one. They didn't want to do the right thing, that would be give RE3 more development time, not work on the MP (useless garbage) and delay Villages release.

They know Resident Evil 3 would sell regardless of quality... Just like 6

Aranea

Capcom director board it the one to blame, not M-2. They wanted RE3 out before the end of the fiscal year, regardless of quality. They prioritized multiplayer s*t first. It was never Capcom's intention to deliver something as amazing as RE2, and that's a damn shame.

And this just shows that they wanted RE3 in one year, and RE8 on the next one. They didn't want to do the right thing, that would be give RE3 more development time, not work on the MP (useless garbage) and delay Villages release.

They know Resident Evil 3 would sell regardless of quality... Just like 6

Eh well given that the rumored RE 4 remake was on the hands of M-Two and now is back being developed by Capcom instead of being outsourced points out points out who is the one to blame. Besides RE Village includes a multiplayer which is also developed by Neobard (outsourced studio that worked on RE Resistance) and that got delayed until next year and not the main game RE Village. Multiplayer has nothing to do with the quality of the single player game when both games are outsourced for years with the money needed to make the them. Otherwise RE Village would also have been delayed because of the crappy RE Reverse multiplayer but we both know, the only one that ended up getting delayed was the multiplayer and not the single player game.

legacy24

Nice, been wanting to replay this, but sadly they removed the one x enhancements from the series x version for whatever reason. So id much rather wait for an optimized next gen port
Wow that sucks about losing the enhancements, I was thinking of getting it on my series x a few weeks ago but I have big backlog to go through

Umbasaborne

Banned
Wow that sucks about losing the enhancements, I was thinking of getting it on my series x a few weeks ago but I have big backlog to go through
Yeah, they never adressed it. But on xbox series x it reverts back to the xbox one s version, so sub 1080p resolution. This and saints row the third remastered (before it got its own next gen port) were the only games i saw this happen to.

Arioco

Nice, been wanting to replay this, but sadly they removed the one x enhancements from the series x version for whatever reason. So id much rather wait for an optimized next gen port

What? You mean you can't play the One X version on Series X? So what happens when you insert the RE3R disk in your Series S? You play the XBOX One S version instead? That would be so weird.

Umbasaborne

Banned
What? You mean you can't play the One X version on Series X? So what happens when you insert the RE3R disk in your Series S? You play the XBOX One S version instead? That would be so weird.
Im pretty sure it just plays the one s version on series x. It seems to have lost the higher resolution upgrade that the mid gen refresh console got, when playing on series x. If you have a one x im pretty sure you can still play it at a higher res

Arioco

Im pretty sure it just plays the one s version on series x. It seems to have lost the higher resolution upgrade that the mid gen refresh console got, when playing on series x. If you have a one x im pretty sure you can still play it at a higher res

That's so weird. Why would they do that? I didn't even know that was possible. I thought if you owned a Series X you would be able to play at least the One X version of any game. Maybe it's just a bug?

Lol

Capcom will get a lot of backlash if they release a game for $70, let alone a game over a year old, that was panned by it's fanbase for cutting down content in an already small base game.

Even if they add or restore original areas like the CT and bosses like the gravedigger, it isn't going to change the scenario/events in the game where Jill gets poisoned.

This, along with the $70 asking price will be a PR nightmare for Capcom.

I literally want this rumor to be fake.

If this is real I hope there's an upgrade path for the ones who bought last year's release. Imagine paying $60 bucks for a cut down game bundled with a multiplayer mode no one wanted and then being charged $60 again to be able to play what was supposed to be the original experience, that would be a really c*nt move.

Moses85

Why no DC Version for RE2?
RE3 Remake wont be a great even if it gets a DC Version. It is a bad reimagination and not a Remake.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Need to see costumes, Mercs, new areas and Nemesis drop some fire gear for me to give a fuck.

You've had over 12 months to fix this. The ground work had potential to be better than RE2. The dodge mechanic was FIRE.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Peter Fabiano & Masachika Kawata was in charge of M-Two and Resident Evil 3 Remake.
Both was producers for RE7 & RE8
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi was producers for RE2 Remake and the RE Origins Remastered.
But he also worked on the original RE2 and REmake.
They should have gave it to him instead, maybe he is doing this edition to fix it?

Moses85

Peter Fabiano & Masachika Kawata was in charge of M-Two and Resident Evil 3 Remake.
Both was producers for RE7 & RE8
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi was producers for RE2 Remake and the RE Origins Remastered.
But he also worked on the original RE2 and REmake.
They should have gave it to him instead, maybe he is doing this edition to fix it?
This Version cant be fixed… start from the ground up.

Neff

This Version cant be fixed… start from the ground up.

Nah it's a solid foundation. All it needs is the Clock Tower, the park, a fight with Nicolai in the gunship and we're gold. A few more streets and shops in downtown Raccoon wouldn't hurt either.

Kappa

Pretty sure this already debunked the first time they tried it and those are just fan renders slapped together

Edit: yep, stop falling for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom