• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 "Director's Cut - Nemesis Edition" being announced at TGS 2021

Rykan

So this part

"-Resistance Mode Revamped with new features and game modes."

Basically confirms that this is fake. Resistance was such a huge failure that there is no way they they would spend any more development funds and efforts on it. Especially since they went out of their way to market it as a separate product.

Last edited:

Ellery

Okay if this is actually true then I am HYPED, but it is another one of those "it sounds like it is made from dreams of a fan" rather than what it could actually be.

I loved Resident Evil 3 Remake. It played beautifully, but it was too short, didn't have enough areas. It would be really good for the game if this came to life, but like I said above I doubt it.

Resident Evil 3 Remake Remake?

The proposed changes sound like a wishlist from some very hopeful RE fans. Would be wonderful if it was true, but can't see Capcom doing this tbh

carlosrox

Banned
Please be true.

I really enjoyed RE3make (though 2make was still the better game for sure) but would flip out over this.

Leaks n rumors better not fuck me again again I'd be way down for this.

assurdum

Banned
They finally put back the whole Raccoon city and the clock tower? I hope they haven't the courage to sell at full price the special edition with the same 3 hours of SP.

Last edited:
I think I would’ve liked RE3make more than RE2make if it weren’t missing the sections from the original. I finally played it this year after waiting for it to be cheaper and I loved the dodge/parry mechanic and different difficulty modes, but walking past the Clocktower every run was disillusioning.

Also wasn’t a big fan of the way they portrayed Jill. In the older games she’s cool and collected, in this she swears at Nemesis and in general like every ten minutes. I don’t have a problem with swearing of course, but the writers’ insistence of using it all the time comes across as sophomoric and out of character for Jill.

I’d love for this rumor to be true but I’m taking it with a heaping helping of salt.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I effing hope this is true.

Yes these things should have been in the game from the start but if Capcom is willing to go back and add to the game, I'm more than happy to buy it on Day 1.

Fake

ryan reynolds hd GIF

DonF

I got this game like a week ago for $19 thinking no new edition would come now... So you guys are welcome?

I see a lot of negativity here.....
but a fixed RE3Remake on Next-Gen consoles with Ray-tracing?
What's wrong with you guys!
Sign me the fuck up!
The only bad thing about this is it's probably fake and RE2 isn't getting the treatment too

(Edit) oh no, it's must be fake as its 4chan 🙄
Didn't we just have a thread about an Uncharted Collection for PC which everyone took as gospel and barely anyone mentioned that fake it because it was from 4chan?
You know that one the OP changed to a different the source in the end to make it more creditable, but that source used Reeee as a source which Reeee got from 4chan so it was still from 4chan 🤔

I'd argue that REMake 2 is actually fine the way that it is. It could use a PC update patch for next-gen consoles. But that's about it.

REMake 3 I feel needs a director's cut more than anything and them updating Resistance could be a move that would make sense. As people actually enjoyed that game and RE:VERSE got "pushed back" to 2022 now.

Soodanim

I would like to believe that they are at least open to the idea of fixing the game. There was too much wasted potential and too much copy paste for such a good original game. Nemesis - both the game and the boss - deserved better.

Last edited:

Osaka_Boss

I'd rather this exist that not. It is not the first time I. The Industry a company makes a second version within 2 years because they f*cked up.

Daytona USa and Clay fighters come to mind, but obviously special editions are a thing, mainly on the Devil May Cry series

Neff

Also wasn’t a big fan of the way they portrayed Jill. In the older games she’s cool and collected, in this she swears at Nemesis and in general like every ten minutes. I don’t have a problem with swearing of course, but the writers’ insistence of using it all the time comes across as sophomoric and out of character for Jill.

Agreed. One of the things I love about RE characters is how ridiculously stoic they are in the face of untold horrors. They've lost that over the years, at least in the Western translations.

It's a good game hovering on the cusp of greatness. It just needs a little more content to make the adventure feel worthwhile and honour the original.

I still think this rumour is horseshit though.

Last edited:

Hugare

Obviously fake

"-Updated Story with references to VIIlage and RE4 Remake "

Yeah, right

Plus everything else sounds like a fan's wet dream

Not happening

ssringo

I always hated that there was no post release support or DLC for REMAKE 3 but this sounds too ridiculous. And since GAF never let's my images upload from mobile...

X to doubt.jpg

I am curious about the Steam database updates though.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
I'm starting to hate the wording for Directors Cut --- It didn't work well for movies and it's not going to work well for games.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Prolly fake. But if true, Capcom better follow up wel an RE2 DC as well with a complete B-run to make that game the best Remake ever made.

I've been waiting for RE2 and RE3 remade for current systems because the screen space reflection quality on them SUCKED HARD on last gen consoles. I actually used to play these on PC with SSR OFF because the game looked so much better.

I'm hoping ray tracing takes care of the awful reflections of the past.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'd gladly pay $$$ for a PS5 version of REmake 3 with refinements & additions. The 2 REmakes were close to flawless in my opinion, so Nemesis spoiling the track record sucks. Going back to fix it is a good thing.

I'd imagine it will review worse, tho, due to the price & Nemesis harassing the player more.

dan76

Well I hope so. I prefer how 3 plays over 2, though 2 is the better game. Is it dumb to hope?

rapid32.5

So, RE8 was $59.99 and an old RE game with cut content will be $69.99 not bad Capcom. You are learning fast from EA.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I would like to believe that they are at least open to the idea of fixing the game. There was too much wasted potential and too much copy paste for such a good original game. Nemesis - both the game and the boss - deserved better.
Definitely. It's an incredibly fun game but just too rushed in terms of pacing. Raccoon City is tiny, missing areas, Brad's death is downright awful. Nemesis is weak too, the OG Nemesis is much more intense and Mr. X in RE2R is more intense as well.

I remember the moment I felt like the game might be too short; seeing the alley on fire super early into the game, I thought "well this can't be good...." lol. And then getting to the power plant shortly after, was definitely a bummer but I still enjoy the game for what it is.

This seems kind of random and I don’t think it’s true, but I wouldn’t necessarily mind. I actually finished RE3:Remake several times and really enjoyed it. Hopefully if this does exist they can add back most of the content they removed.

Ngl I will get re2 remastered and this if they add rt and max the graphics out and fix the distant animations. Basically not be lazy with them, would pay 20 each.

Because I love re2, but for re3 as well they need to add more content. Still have re3 on ps4 sealed and not played it so I might wait. If they don’t add much content I’ll play ps4.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I thought Re3 Remake was great. Not as good as RE2, but compact and fun throughout. I think I played it two or three times.

Do directors cut of RE2 and RE3. They are both lacking compared to the originals. RE2 Scenario B is incomplete and more like item shuffle run rather than a real scenario B like original game. And RE3 goes without saying is an incomplete mess that needs to be finished properly.

Green_Eyes

PLEASE. I had no hope for a proper R3make after that mud puddle Capcom released so this is a wish come true (if true).

R3makes core mechanics and gameplay were tight, and it looks like they're fixing all the actual issues. Hope this is rumour is true.

Saber

Gold Member
Err...sure.

They add the parts that were missing from the game(although short lol)...but you have to pay for it? That rumor is so weird that it might be true.

Loved Re2 remake and held off on 3 due to it being not as raved about. This would definitely rock if true. Same situation as Alan Wake. Patient gaming bb

Top Bottom