• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake: Over 10 million copies sold

Who ever made the decision to let Mr X constantly run arround the Policestation should be fired.

It was way scarier in the original game.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Who ever made the decision to let Mr X constantly run arround the Policestation should be fired.

It was way scarier in the original game.
triple-h-disgusted.gif

Mr. X was amazing and just how I imagined he should be back when I played the original. I actually thought that Nemesis in 3 Remake would end up being Mr.X on roids and was super let down when he wasn't...

Mabdia

Well deserved.

It respected the core of the original game that (to me) is the sensation of how powerless you are in the game. And how you had to struggle to survive in the game.

Survival Horror at it's finest.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It was a great remake but let's not pretend it was perfect... as somewhat of a Resident Evil fan I would be amiss to not point out the cut content on the Side B stories which felt like they really missed an opportunity, instead Clares B is heavily cut back to almost be the same as Leon B's and things you do in Leon A no longer influence Clare B and vice versa.

It was obviously cut back compared to the original in this way. Why I can't say but it certainly felt like the beginnings of Resident evil 3 remake when I got to the B side stories.

However route A's are amazing for both and until I went to the second half of the game with the Side B's I throughly enjoyed my time, however I wish they had spent more time on getting the remake perfect instead adding the stupid survivor side story content that no one cared about.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
I know you all think this is a big number, but Capcom is pretty smart with marketing as they fluctuate the price pretty fast. It will go on a pretty steep sale -30%+ not long after launch and then go back to full price, rinse and repeat. I remember seeing RE3 at launch but quickly, in like a 2 months, you could get it for $40. Same thing happens for all these. When dozens of games are reaching millions of sales with just a few devs. unless a "AAA" reaches 20+ its not worth discussing. 10 million with close to 200+ million consoles and it could be played on PC, a hyped game with perfect score reviews and a named series? is 10 million(at maybe an avg of $30-35 per unit) amazing? Not today.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
If only they fix the raytracing perfomance on console and the fuck SSR reflection it would be the perfection. Still I don't understand why they released such higher resolution in the RT mode.

Last edited:
This is great numbers, and Capcom's third best selling game.

Imagine if all the numbered Resident Evil games sold this much. They would have sold half of what GTA 5.

shimceltic

Neo Member
Just started and my controller keeps freezing and becomes non responsive, series X.... Its fine on all other games so I'm confused what's going on here.

Weirdly enough I double dipped on this today.

Couldn’t stop thinking about it in 2019 and definitely can’t now.

What the fuck is this?

68a3fbe5772a70c2fc09855ff768ecd5.jpg

Game is fantastic, probably the best remake ever all things considered.
Agreed.

I'm probably one of the few who really likes RE3 remake too, despite its unfortunate shortcomings.
There are dozens of us.

As a remake of Resident Evil 3, it's not great, but it does have some improvements over OG in certain areas (character designs, voice acting, a dodge that's actually reliable, etc.)

But even setting aside shortcomings as a remake... As a video game in its own right, it's absolutely fantastic.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
There are dozens of us.

As a remake of Resident Evil 3, it's not great, but it does have some improvements over OG in certain areas (character designs, voice acting, a dodge that's actually reliable, etc.)

But even setting aside shortcomings as a remake... As a video game in its own right, it's absolutely fantastic.
I think the somewhat saddest thing about the RE3 Remake was that Capcom totally missed to improve on the original. It‘s staggering to me that both the original and the Remake feel like a rush job.

Top Bottom