• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake |OT| Party like it's 1998

Aggelos

In light of the old hoax, Akuma in RE2 Remake (Mod)

latest

Naibel

Just finished the game last Sunday, it's FANTASTIC ! What. A. Remake !

Beautiful, fluid, fun to play and scary as hell ! Mr. X makes me shit my pants everytime I see it ! And it's a pretty short experience as well, so no padding ! It's intense and straight to the point ! For games like these, I love it !

This is the best RE game I've ever played, just above REmake and RE4. They knocked it out of the park with this one ! Now I'm really looking forward to RE3.

Please Konami, do the same thing with Silent Hill, pleeeaasse !

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Code:
https://youtu.be/kgvTRDJw1oQ

https://youtu.be/OnB6UEydqd0

https://youtu.be/PWHuVbaION8

https://youtu.be/z3G7DJDH6Bc

Kokoloko85

Wish there was a no mr x version for consoles.... ruined the game for me. + needed some more attention to detail outside the police station and after for me too. Was a great game though.

Aggelos

Wish there was a no mr x version for consoles.... ruined the game for me. + needed some more attention to detail outside the police station and after for me too. Was a great game though.

It was great Re-imagination after all.
But I was just wondering, did you play RE games back in the '90s, when they got released on PS1?

Last edited:

Aggelos

Creating some serious story-paradoxes here...

Sherry goes to Sewers to take a peek.

Leon avoids the Anette encounter

Claire meets Sherry for the first time, but she's already got hold of the key-card

Claire pays a visit to Kendo's Gunshop (while giving the Orphanage the cold shoulder)

Leon decides to go for a walk and take a gander at what's been going down in the Orphanage

Aggelos

Leon, please wake up!
That's what happens when Leon's a sleepyhead: everybody just keeps ignoring Ada in every cut-scene.

Sherry, where the hell you think you're going?
Sherry decides to take matters into her own hands and go find Claire (instead of waiting to be saved by her)
But what she discovers, at the end of the day, is her own invincibility. The indomitable Sherry Birkin after all.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
RE2 Remake, breathtaking remake
I've never played RE2 on the N64 or Playstation but have recently bought this game and it's the most well rounded experience yet. Cannot say yet if it will become a top 3 Resident Evil game on my list, just began very recently, but so far the beginning is a thrilling experience

regawdless

Banned
RE2 Remake, breathtaking remake
I've never played RE2 on the N64 or Playstation but have recently bought this game and it's the most well rounded experience yet. Cannot say yet if it will become a top 3 Resident Evil game on my list, just began very recently, but so far the beginning is a thrilling experience

Enjoy it! I loved the game, such a great and grounded atmosphere.
Who are you playing as?

Cutty Flam

Banned
Have you finished it?
Not even close. I’m hesitant to even move in this game. I took the pricey looking “The Red Stone” from the King holding the scepter and the red book then had an unexpected encounter with the Lickers in a hallways on the second floor. I was pretty lucky to have survived but made it out of there in a panic. Didn’t even look around; it was a blur to me being in fight or flight mode lol

I've only played it three times now I think. The way I play Resident Evil games, I usually try to stretch them at least a few months or longer. But man, I was in awe earlier taking a closer look at the detail that went into this game. If this is what Capcom can do then RE8 could be game of the year

regawdless

Banned
Not even close. I’m hesitant to even move in this game. I took the pricey looking “The Red Stone” from the King holding the scepter and the red book then had an unexpected encounter with the Lickers in a hallways on the second floor. I was pretty lucky to have survived but made it out of there in a panic. Didn’t even look around; it was a blur to me being in fight or flight mode lol

I've only played it three times now I think. The way I play Resident Evil games, I usually try to stretch them at least a few months or longer. But man, I was in awe earlier taking a closer look at the detail that went into this game. If this is what Capcom can do then RE8 could be game of the year

Glad that you enjoy it! There's so much more to come hehe.

Cutty Flam

Banned
How is the PS1/N64 version of RE2?

I remember asking my friend randomly, must have been like 2007-2009, "Favorite game, all time?" and he thought for a minute was like ah man, tough one then told me "probably RE2 for the N64" which at the time really took me by surprise

SuperGooey

How is the PS1/N64 version of RE2?

I remember asking my friend randomly, must have been like 2007-2009, "Favorite game, all time?" and he thought for a minute was like ah man, tough one then told me "probably RE2 for the N64" which at the time really took me by surprise
The N64 version is an impressive port, but the audio took a major hit. Aside from the quality getting a downgrade, one of the best music tracks was completely removed to save space. However, the N64 has some cool game features like an item randomizer, extra files that connect RE2 to RE3 and Zero, and you can choose the blood color.

Overall, I think the PS1 version may be the better way to experience the game, and yes, RE2 Classic is 100% worth playing. RE2 Remake is fantastic, but it is essentially the "cliff notes" version the story. The best way to experience the classic RE2 is doing a Claire A/Leon B scenario (Leon A/Claire B gives you a different story that isn't as satisfying). Things you do in the A scenario will carry over to the B scenario, and I think the music, art direction, and especially the story and characters are MUCH better in the original. For instance, Leon and Claire actually work together more, Ada isn't a complete bitch to Leon, and Chief Irons is far creepier and much less of a goofball.

Regardless, RE2 Classic and RE2 Remake are easily top tier RE games, and they are different enough to feel like their own unique games--both worth playing for different reasons.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’ve been stuck on this one area for hours and hours now

]I’m supposed to find panel parts to this old panel in the jail and according to a file there are some in the generator room. That room is blue, indicating that I have fully searched the entire area and grabbed all items needed. But in the jail, the area is red still but I have no idea how to get the panel to work. There are no electronics in my inventory nor storage box, and I’m at a complete loss for what the next step is. I need to obtain an Electric Part according to the objective, and it says I’ve obtained it I’m pretty sure, but for real this thing is nowhere to be found! I think I might have to search this entire damn Police Department ffs. I pretty much already have about 5 or 6 times since trying to figure this out

Any subtle hints or guidance? I think I obtained the Electrical Part but must have left it somewhere possibly...Hopefully this game is still traceable in someone’s mind from a recent playthrough, bc I can already tell, this is going to be a while lol

skneogaf

Not sure I understand or remember but I'm thinking ypu need the two electronic parts, one from the morgue area I think and the other one the clock area and then rearrange them to complete the circuit. Then flick the switch and escape!

Cutty Flam

Banned
Not sure I understand or remember but I'm thinking ypu need the two electronic parts, one from the morgue area I think and the other one the clock area and then rearrange them to complete the circuit. Then flick the switch and escape!
I’ll try it, the morgue is blue as well on my map but maybe that doesn’t mean there isn’t something still in there. I forget where the clock area is if I have visited it already, but pretty sure I’ll be running everwhere for a long while so I’ll keep my eyes peeled

Cutty Flam

Banned
Just bought this on Xbox sale for right after I finish RE HD. Played the demo earlier and was sold. Does the big dude follow around the entire game?
Great choice buying RE2 Remake

Not sure but that Tyrant (?) seems indestructible until maybe coming into some information. I’ve just been confronted by him and I threw everything I had at the target, that thing has to be robotic (maybe) and it is damn tough that’s all I know atm

J-Roderton

So the Tyrant guy is really killing my enjoyment of this game. Any tips? Can’t seem to dodge attacks and he mostly corners me in pretty narrow spots, which is most of the police station.

kunonabi

In spaces where you're forced to juke you can move towards him to get him to swing than go backwards to make the hit miss and than just run right past him while recovers. Haven't played since launch but that should be one of the basic methods. Of course, you end up minimizing a majority of your contact with him once you start planning proper routes and getting your item management strats down but that's more of a replay thing.

Top Bottom