• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake |OT| Party like it's 1998

demigod

Guys, where can i get thicc claire mod? My search isn’t coming up with it.

Edit : found it.

Last edited:

Holgren

How is this guy permitted to post all those videos? Couldn't he just link it all in one post? I don't know how this is not considered spamming.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
How is this guy permitted to post all those videos? Couldn't he just link it all in one post? I don't know how this is not considered spamming.
GAF gold allows you to Octa post and get away with it.

Also waiting on this thread to announce real content that's not a mod. Ghost Survivors Part 2 BAYBEE.

Nickolaidas

Banned
scrolling through thread

tits
tits
tits
tits
tits
tits
tits
ass

What has RE2 become :messenger_sad_relieved:
Modding: The gift that keeps on giving.

Frankly, I've become immune to this debauchery after spending countless hours on Nexus Mods' Skyrim page. For research, of course. And I never, EVER used any sex mods in that game. Or nude male and female body meshes and textures. Neither was I interested in the favouredsoul mod for erect males, or athletic busty women body types.

Btw, any pics of Tifa from the FFVII remake yet?

I've been borrowing this game for over a couple of months now, and need to finish it. I haven't played it in almost two months because of other things and being ill, and need to get back into it. I was right near the end of the Leon A campaign when I stopped. Just haven't felt like playing it much, and nobody else seems to care about it so I've been able to keep it.

Do I really need to beat Claire B to consider the game finished and beat?

Yeah, it has enough side content to make it different including different rooms. But as you said as much as I couldn't wait to play it, once I did scenario A it took me a good month to even attempt B.

Either because I kinda hated the bullet sponge and it really is twice the amount than in the original. Or annoying MR X that I couldn't at least in one scenario just enjoy browsing around the station at a more casual pace.

Yeah, it has enough side content to make it different including different rooms. But as you said as much as I couldn't wait to play it, once I did scenario A it took me a good month to even attempt B.

Either because I kinda hated the bullet sponge and it really is twice the amount than in the original. Or annoying MR X that I couldn't at least in one scenario just enjoy browsing around the station at a more casual pace.

I think I might try to finish it all today so I can return it, but I'm reading anything from Claire B being 3-4 hours long to it being 7-8 hours long and that won't be possible today. I think it's probably taken me 8-10 hours to do Leon thus far.

I am in the sunken base, and just got to a point as Leon where I'm in what looks like this big server room with a round column in the middle and two paths to the left and right with I think an elevator. The right is locked from what I remember, but I can go left.
I had to stop playing there to go to work one day else I would've finished. How far am I from finishing in terms of time?

Finished Leon's campaign, then spent five hours playing Claire B. I went for assisted for that one, because the beginning was a pain on normal, I was tired and didn't feel like worrying too much. I wanted to see the other side of the story.

Now I can say I've beaten it and return it.

PennywisetheDancingClown PennywisetheDancingClown

Oh you are at the very end. That whole section is like 1 hour more max.

It probably took me an hour and a half. But I was near the end.

I was really dreading going back through as Claire right away, and having to beat the game twice to actually beat it. At the start of Claire B I was pretty bored and didn't feel like continuing, but did since I have to return the game and wanted to beat it.

But Claire's story was actually better than Leon's. Her campaign also. The nursery section was better than Ada Wong by far, and a lot creepier. I'm glad that I did play it for five hours today and not miss it.

The one pain in the ass for her was a good thing and a bad thing. She has too many guns, and too many different types of ammo. Two different pistol ammos and types, then a new 9mm pistol, plus the shitty electrical gun, the big grenade launcher which kicks ass and the uzi. So much of my inventory was taken up by it that I was always having to micromanage. Even when I had all of the inventory slots at the end.

But I liked to carry a lot of health stuff, even though I did that one on easy and only healed once during each of the bosses. I ended with two or three health sprays and two or three herb mixes.

Last edited:

kunonabi

I was really dreading going back through as Claire right away, and having to beat the game twice to actually beat it. At the start of Claire B I was pretty bored and didn't feel like continuing, but did since I have to return the game and wanted to beat it.

But Claire's story was actually better than Leon's. Her campaign also. The nursery section was better than Ada Wong by far, and a lot creepier. I'm glad that I did play it for five hours today and not miss it.

The one pain in the ass for her was a good thing and a bad thing. She has too many guns, and too many different types of ammo. Two different pistol ammos and types, then a new 9mm pistol, plus the shitty electrical gun, the big grenade launcher which kicks ass and the uzi. So much of my inventory was taken up by it that I was always having to micromanage. Even when I had all of the inventory slots at the end.

But I liked to carry a lot of health stuff, even though I did that one on easy and only healed once during each of the bosses. I ended with two or three health sprays and two or three herb mixes.

Claire's game is pretty much the reason to play the remake. As for her inventory you can just skip the grenade launcher in the police station. You dont really need it until you get to the lab and one spawns in the first room there if you skipped it. You also get plenty of ammo in the lab for it so you dont really need to horde any ammo during the rest of the game.

Spark shot is a super good weapon for bosses so dont sleep on it.

Claire's game is pretty much the reason to play the remake. As for her inventory you can just skip the grenade launcher in the police station. You dont really need it until you get to the lab and one spawns in the first room there if you skipped it. You also get plenty of ammo in the lab for it so you dont really need to horde any ammo during the rest of the game.

Spark shot is a super good weapon for bosses so dont sleep on it.

I didn't like the spark shot when I used it. Planned to try it for the bosses, but never did. I mean, they gave me a gun for the second last one and I used all of that to kill most of the boss.

Maybe I didn't use it enough, but it never seemed that helpful. It just took up space in my inventory.

Didn't know that about the grenade launcher. I would occasionally use it so it was worth having, but it was most helpful near the end as you said.

I did Leon on normal, but was tired and just wanted to experience Claire's so I did it on easy. So the bosses weren't too difficult. I figured I'd already kind of beaten the game on normal, didn't have a ton of time left with it, and wanted to get it done.

xviper

I know i'm pretty late to the party but i just started the game and downloaded the original soundtrack but there is no option to change the soundtrack from the Audio menu, do i have to reach a certain location to be able to change the soundtrack or something ?

kunonabi

I know i'm pretty late to the party but i just started the game and downloaded the original soundtrack but there is no option to change the soundtrack from the Audio menu, do i have to reach a certain location to be able to change the soundtrack or something ?

No, it's available from the very beginning.

xviper

No, it's available from the very beginning.
I reinstalled the game and still there isn't an option to change the soundtrack

another thing is bothering me is the guiding, the game tells me where to go, what rooms i have explored and the location of key items, is there a way to turn all this off ? i want to play the game like the original.

kunonabi

I reinstalled the game and still there isn't an option to change the soundtrack

another thing is bothering me is the guiding, the game tells me where to go, what rooms i have explored and the location of key items, is there a way to turn all this off ? i want to play the game like the original.

I dont think the guide stuff can be turned off aside from turning the HUB off which removes the item markers.

As for the music it should be:

Options > audio > music/sfx version

if it isnt showing up I dont know what the problem would be.

Anyone else still yearning for a fixed camera option? That tease they showed in one of the dev. diaries showing scrapped cameras that included fixed cameras as one of them really showed how nice the game could've looked in fixed camera...now I know, I know, the game was built from the ground up to be in third person gameplay, but surely at least some areas could've still had fixed camera if you enable it in the options menu? In those areas with the fixed cameras, easier said than done, but what if the developers switched "game modes" and had the game switch to the lock on, aim up middle down system of the classic REs so the aiming would work smoothly in the fixed camera areas? If Capcom won't do it themselves, I sure hope fans will mod in their own fixed camera mod somehow eventually

ghairat

Hahaha! This is insane. Lord in heaven, what has become of this thread? When FFVIIR gets released for PC then a global war of Tifa mods will initiate.

Kazza

PC version of this game is the definitive version thanks to all those sexy Claire mods. Damn some outfits are just insane.

That White Pantyhose one is just...amazing. I don't know if I could play with those mods though, way too distracting, no way I could concentrate on the game.

It's hilarious how the NPCs don't have any reaction to the outfits, as if you could talk normally to a girl dressed in white pantyhose like that.

Last edited:
I really like this remake but I'm still a bit bummed at some unnecessary changes or things they scrapped from the original. I miss some of the enemies they scrapped, even if they had small parts in the original they could have been better implemented here. Don't know why they got rid of the looping save room music, don't know why they got rid of a lot of the iconic themes when re-doing the music..... some scenes getting drastically changed or replaced. Files were a bit lacking in the diary department, and you can no longer click the environment for character thoughts which 7 expanded a good deal I felt.

I like a lot of the elements they redid but it definitely made me miss some things too. Game is still really freakin' good though. Any elements any of you wish they tackled a bit better?

Last edited:

kunonabi

I really like this remake but I'm still a bit bummed at some unnecessary changes or things they scrapped from the original. I miss some of the enemies they scrapped, even if they had small parts in the original they could have been better implemented here. Don't know why they got rid of the looping save room music, don't know why they got rid of a lot of the iconic themes when re-doing the music..... some scenes getting drastically changed or replaced. Files were a bit lacking in the diary department, and you can no longer click the environment for character thoughts which 7 expanded a good deal I felt.

I like a lot of the elements they redid but it definitely made me miss some things too. Game is still really freakin' good though. Any elements any of you wish they tackled a bit better?

The lack of enemy variety was unfortunate
The lab felt rushed and wasn't nearly as interesting as the original
Leon's characterization and dynamics with Ada don't work nearly as well. I also don't like her new look at all.
Not a fan of the adaptive difficulty as it makes speed runs into a total chore
Mr. X was handled poorly. It's incredibly easy to juke him, you can optimize your route to where you barely see him, and some of his cooler moments are just gone or really easy to miss.
The zombie changes ended up not being that big a deal in the long run. Sure, headshots aren't as useful but it still suffers from the RE4 strategy of just popping a couple of shots in the leg and running.
They really should have fixed the A/B games and the zapping systems instead of essentially just dropping them.
New music was awful.
I was expecting Kendo and Marvin to get their expanded roles back so that was a bummer.
A lot of scene changes were worse. Birkin's death and transformation was far better in the original for one.
New Ben sucked.

All that said, Claire's game was still an amazing improvement on the original. I wasn't so high Annette but everything else worked way better than it did before aside from Irons who was great fun but not really better or worse.

RE2 was ripe for a remake since it had so many issues so it's a bit of a letdown that they weren't able to completely fix it but it's still the best RE game in a long time.

The lack of enemy variety was unfortunate
The lab felt rushed and wasn't nearly as interesting as the original
Leon's characterization and dynamics with Ada don't work nearly as well. I also don't like her new look at all.
Not a fan of the adaptive difficulty as it makes speed runs into a total chore
Mr. X was handled poorly. It's incredibly easy to juke him, you can optimize your route to where you barely see him, and some of his cooler moments are just gone or really easy to miss.
The zombie changes ended up not being that big a deal in the long run. Sure, headshots aren't as useful but it still suffers from the RE4 strategy of just popping a couple of shots in the leg and running.
They really should have fixed the A/B games and the zapping systems instead of essentially just dropping them.
New music was awful.
I was expecting Kendo and Marvin to get their expanded roles back so that was a bummer.
A lot of scene changes were worse. Birkin's death and transformation was far better in the original for one.
New Ben sucked.

All that said, Claire's game was still an amazing improvement on the original. I wasn't so high Annette but everything else worked way better than it did before aside from Irons who was great fun but not really better or worse.

RE2 was ripe for a remake since it had so many issues so it's a bit of a letdown that they weren't able to completely fix it but it's still the best RE game in a long time.
I agree with all your points outside of Mr.X, zombies and difficulty. I personally thought they were a huge improvement over the original. I know you're just stating criticisms of how they could have been better I just meant in terms of what wasn't improved on the original. To me those were. EVERYTHING else though I couldn't agree more. I like the look of the lab to an extent but it felt a bit streamlined and lost it's grit.....I know the lab was supposed to be newer but it looks TOO futuristic.

Top Bottom