• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
When somebody posts on resetera

lxsizrn.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
It’s now pretty much exactly a year since I abandoned my account in Era and returned to GAF.

Copped two warnings there

1 - one for posting bacon in a thread asking why more people aren’t eating less meat (”because I love bacon” -> trolling),

2 - another warning was for saying that I am worried that people in Era are radicalising, in a thread asking whether political violence is justified (“inflammatory and hyperbolic generalisation”)

Supposedly I had three (iirc) black marks against me before the second warning, not actioned or known to me but visible to the mods somehow anyway.

I was a pretty active contributor but after my brief exchange with Morrigan about the second warning she/they gave me I concluded that Era is not for me.

I have been so happy to be here and to be able to post my shit thoughts without a constant worry about overstepping some imaginary boundary.

I believe my Era account remains at 0 bans unless someone as grudge banned it in my absence. Don’t think it’s worth nuking it since things change and people change - almost all OG Era mods have resigned now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member

Shys been on a non-stop rant on how toxic this place is and we are now 'Neo-Nazi Gaf'

What a shame.

Nothing we could use more then his 10,000 post per week about 'FUCK WHITE WOMEN!"

Seriously, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Dude has serious issues with white women lol

jqNPWKX.jpg

Some one get this man some Becky booty asap!

Last edited by a moderator:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Shys been on a non-stop rant on how toxic this place is and we are now 'Neo-Nazi Gaf'

What a shame.

Nothing we could use more then his 10,000 post per week about 'FUCK WHITE WOMEN!"

Seriously, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Dude has serious issues with white women lol

jqNPWKX.jpg

I'm surprised that thread hasn't been locked up and the OP banned.

The poll results show most people post the same amount, next are people post less, the least number of people posting more.

-Arcadia-

Banned

What a shame.

jqNPWKX.jpg

I was going to quote all their stupidity, just on that single page, one by one, but it was every single post. Time has not healed their derangement.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
That was my first deep-dive into Era in a while. (Shudder)

Every single stereotype is still there, from everybody having the same approved list of phrases (yikes-posting is still a thing, apparently :messenger_tears_of_joy:), to dogpiling and provoking a dissenting opinion the second it appears, to the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

It didn’t strike me that I was reading a discussion forum. It struck me that I was reading humans under control and a kind of thought slavery, either by external or internalized sources.

Let’s just say I’m really glad Gaf exists.

What a shame.

jqNPWKX.jpg

I kind of feel bad for a lot of the people in that thread.

So many of them clearly aren't happy there, but are convinced we're a bunch of far right bigots, despite the fact that we're way more chilled out and welcoming.

Still, I know it took me months even after being banned there to consider that maybe their massively dumb echochamber might be wrong and that it'd be worth coming back here to see for myself, and weeks before I felt comfortable posting again, so maybe in time some of the more sane ones will be able to break free.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I kind of feel bad for a lot of the people in that thread.

I kind of felt this too. Not mockery/levity, or even aggression, just a deep pity and disturbance at seeing independent minds and thinking shattered. Of course, they’d probably destroy anyone they didn’t agree with in seconds, so that may be misguided, but it’s what I feel regardless.

The members that have enough sanity breaking through would do well to consider that the only people who control who and what you interact with, are cults, dictatorships, abusers, and people with things to hide. That should be the first red flag, in any situation.

Falcs

Banned
HELLO REEEEETARD-ERA MODS!!

We know you monitored the last thread closely since you kept perma banning your members who posted in it.

So welcome to the new one!
Please continue the shit show that is Resetera. It's very entertaining watching you SJWs outrage at every single, pointless thing in life and turn on each other the instant someone falls slightly out of line from your woke narrative.

fatty

Hasn’t there been basically full turnover of the mod team since the place started? It was touched on in the last thread but I can’t find the thread.

ROMhack

I don’t feel sorry for any of them too. Fuck those pricks that fakes their personalities just to be accepted by the garbage community there. Get fucked you pathetic cunts

I'm onto you mister.

zHY5aIK.jpg

P.s. is this actually you? (I'm assuming not but...)

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hasn’t there been basically full turnover of the mod team since the place started? It was touched on in the last thread but I can’t find the thread.

original admin team status

Cerium - owns the site, not active posting
Emily
Hecht
Nibel
Rowlf
Selina
shinobi602
Sirpopopop
SweetNicole
ZhugeEX

on top of that you have the high profile mod flameouts like Finale Fireworker or Professor Beef who got cancelled for posting a mocking Simpsons gif in a suicide related thread.

Original mod team status

Fiction
JaseC
Judge
Kirblar
Lonestar
Nightengale
plagiarize
PlanetSmasher
Professor Beef
Selina

I would assume being a mod or admin there is a very draining hobby with little upside (no pay, no praise, just kicks out of banning and warning people) and a big personal downside of attracting the hate of the mob, like what happened to SweetNicole and BronsonLee who had her/his/their entire account nuked. The hate they received seemed to spill outside the site even.

What is remarkable is that they manage to maintain the same moderation practices even after full turnover.

Last edited:

Hudo

original admin team status

Cerium - owns the site, not active posting
Emily
Hecht
Nibel
Rowlf
Selina
shinobi602
Sirpopopop
SweetNicole
ZhugeEX

on top of that you have the high profile mod flameouts like Finale Fireworker or Professor Beef who got cancelled for posting a mocking Simpsons gif in a suicide related thread.

Original mod team status

Fiction
JaseC
Judge
Kirblar
Lonestar
Nightengale
plagiarize
PlanetSmasher
Professor Beef
Selina

I would assume being a mod or admin there is a very draining hobby with little upside (no pay, no praise, just kicks out of banning and warning people) and a big personal downside of attracting the hate of the mob, like what happened to SweetNicole and BronsonLee who had her/his/their entire account nuked. The hate they received seemed to spill outside the site even.

What is remarkable is that they manage to maintain the same moderation practices even after full turnover.
That looks like a drama that could be called "Proceedings of the Politburo".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom