• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

Christ, that thread is embarrassing.

DbWc0R7.jpg

Hope he doesn't bother going back after his 2 month ban expires. Also curious to see who else gets banned for calling them out.
The Marxist haven masquerading as a gaming forum finally has an excuse to parade the clenched fist symbol in their logo, this must be the happiest day of their lives!

Ymir

They didn’t just lock the thread, they nuked it. It’s gone.

In the replacement thread, a administrator posted this warning as the first reply:

2oO2l7r.jpg

So some Era regulars must have posted ban worthy statements, but it’s okay, the mods have their back. All the posts are gone now. 😉
But I thought cancelling doesn't exist?

XtCZZOr.jpg

Ignoring the elephant in the room. Back to 2018 before the "Chinese virus rhetoric."

zfnamDb.jpg

Blacks are 280x more likely to commit violent crimes against Asians than Asians are to commit crimes against Blacks.
The only statistics I have see. Reee like ...or should I say forced down their throats was a study that was done that proves that trans athletes hold no advantage over women on a scientific level in sports.

but the actual study was not done by a scientist but actually another trans person and the data/people the study was done on was also cherry picked ....perma bans handed out for anyone pointing it out

Era don’t like Asians....they are only just above white males on the oppression ladder

Era also isn’t a gaming forum

Dav-Kripler

There were some threads before he took office threatening to turn on him if he doesn't do X or say Y, calling him weak etc

It appears that for now its forbidden to say anything against Joe i hope he doesn't make any mistake! 😳
I was banned for just saying it's a shame that of all the dem candidates he was the one they went for. So not surprised to see ppl scared to say anything negative about him.

Raven117

Not just on ERA, but the mainstream media and late-night "comedians" also do not dare to criticize Joe Biden, even when there's plenty of material to work with.
Cowards. They made fun of Clinton all the time. The problem is that comedy can reveal what is absurd. That's why the left refuses to laugh or joke because somewhere in the annals of their human existence, they know how absurd some of this is and are terrified if people recognize that through laughter.

SNPlayen

PlanetSmasher on the PS thread is the most insufferable, negative nelly on the platform. He is never happy about anything and attacks anyone that expresses excitement over some rumor. I really want to call him out but I know he's protected by staff.
Do it. I read that thread as I am a PS fan although my interest in that thread is dwindling as fast as their loss of insiders. As soon as I see that wankers avatar I skip. Hates everything about anything yet makes an appearance on just about every page.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
PlanetSmasher appears to have actually caught bans and warnings, it's just that in his over 50k messages one could quickly find dozens that would have landed anyone else perms. I wonder who's pet he is?

GLquJUI.jpg

DG4BcCV.gif

Soodanim

Gold Member

GLquJUI.jpg

DG4BcCV.gif
They play the national anthem at every game? I knew America went balls deep into patriotism, but I didn't know every single game had it. Do you not get sick of it?

Seeing Ree stating that NeoGaf is extreme alt-right while a lot of people here, myself included, lean left... it's quite something.

Holy fuck, what a bunch of hateful dipshits.

EDIT: Another things that bothers me a lot on their way of thinking, why is it bad being center? I'm from a country where the government flip-flops between left and right, I have no party affiliation, I vote for what seems right in the moment... isn't that being a center person? Isn't that being a more flexible and actually more informed person because I vote for something besides "my party"? If someone wants to have affiliation with right and left, be my guest, but being center is a bad thing now? Wanting to see both sides?
Everthing right from Lenin is "literally Hitler" in their deluded world.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
They play the national anthem at every game? I knew America went balls deep into patriotism, but I didn't know every single game had it. Do you not get sick of it?

Playing the anthem started during WW2 and became customary then as a way to buttress the big push for people to buy war bonds.

Spectator sports are my main hobby, and I wonder how many times I have heard it. The number is very high.

Reckheim

Its incredibly dumb. Canada is the same way.

I don't mind playing the national anthem of the winning team at an international event (since you're playing for your country); but for a National event its pointless and a huge waste of time.

Last edited:

GLquJUI.jpg

DG4BcCV.gif
I looked it up and 2020 had the worst ratings since at least 1974. If that's winning I don't want to see what losing looks like.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah Americans playing the national anthem before every sport fixture is hilarious.

Would be like playing God Save The Queen before every fixture, fuck that. Lmao
Why not?

Even high-school sports compete at the national level across a territory as wide as Europe. We also had rampant racism/exclusion in sports just a generation or two ago, where certain teams were not allowed to play other teams on account of their skincolor. We also had the USSR flexin in the world of sports for several decades. Heck, on a much less serious level, we have bitter rivalries between various high school and state teams, to the point where you'll have people who chiefly judge a state by it's sports teams (I've met Americans like this; it's always a fun time).

All this culminates in a tradition that is intended to remind people "we are all American, so let's compete fairly as Americans and respect one another" instead of a pledge of loyalty to the American government or some such thing.

Era is such a depressing soul crushing place where absolutely NO FUN is allowed (unless the fun is at the expense of white people particularly white women). So dunno if anyone has seen the video where the lawyer had a cat zoom filter on during a video conference hearing. If you haven't seen the video I suggest you check it out it is hilarious. Anyway it is a bit of light weight fun that can make you smile. warm your heart a lil bit and go "well life aint all that bad" ............. unless you are on fucking Era where it becomes an excuse to dredge up the history of the "I am not a cat" lawyer and turn it into yet another hate topic.

PlanetSmasher on the PS thread is the most insufferable, negative nelly on the platform. He is never happy about anything and attacks anyone that expresses excitement over some rumor. I really want to call him out but I know he's protected by staff.
They protect only the shittiest of users. Bold strategy, Cotton!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Speaking of hating white women... Did you guys see the hate thread of Ben Shapiros sister yesterday? OP "just happened to get ads for her a clicked on them" like always. Then proceed a multi page misogyny thread about hating a woman.

Nester99

Yeah Americans playing the national anthem before every sport fixture is hilarious.

If Being proud and grateful to be a member of your country and showing it via song is weird, then Call me Yahoo Serious.

Tuff McNutt

Speaking of hating white women... Did you guys see the hate thread of Ben Shapiros sister yesterday? OP "just happened to get ads for her a clicked on them" like always. Then proceed a multi page misogyny thread about hating a woman.
Women are free to say and do whatever they want and should be listened to... as long as what they're doing fits their narrative. If not, you will see all sorts of misogynistic slurs thrown at them: bitch, cunt, and the like. If the Gorilla Glue lady was white, it's a guarantee that the Era thread would be 100 pages of insults/jokes at her expense, and probably some doxxing as well, rather than the cries of "Awwww Wacism, it's all wypipo's fault".

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Resetera’s nintendo fan boy’s are such fucking babies. I cant tell you how many times i was dog piled when i was on that site for saying stuff that wasn’t always super positive about nintendo. And for fuck sake god forbid a game didn’t get a switch port. It could be the biggest, most graphically intensive game imaginable, and the troglodites would crawl out of their holes to screech about how the “game is perfect for switch” and how much money they are leaving on the table by not developing a sub hd port that runs at 23 fps.

the nintendo community here is so much better. I dont feel like i have to step around egg shells.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Why not?

Even high-school sports compete at the national level across a territory as wide as Europe. We also had rampant racism/exclusion in sports just a generation or two ago, where certain teams were not allowed to play other teams on account of their skincolor. We also had the USSR flexin in the world of sports for several decades. Heck, on a much less serious level, we have bitter rivalries between various high school and state teams, to the point where you'll have people who chiefly judge a state by it's sports teams (I've met Americans like this; it's always a fun time).

All this culminates in a tradition that is intended to remind people "we are all American, so let's compete fairly as Americans and respect one another" instead of a pledge of loyalty to the American government or some such thing.
That's an interesting perspective, I hadn't thought of that. Does it work? To an outsider it definitely seems like the pledging loyalty thing, because it would go hand in hand with the pledge of allegiance and the adoration of the constitution (not by all of course, it’s a huge place with a lot of variety). They’re all elements of culture that aren’t present in the UK, so it’s alien to us.
If Being proud and grateful to be a member of your country and showing it via song is weird, then Call me Yahoo Serious.
As above, we just don’t do that sort of thing here. The national anthem is for special occasions and international events. We unify when we need to and not a moment sooner.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
That's an interesting perspective, I hadn't thought of that. Does it work? To an outsider it definitely seems like the pledging loyalty thing, because it would go hand in hand with the pledge of allegiance and the adoration of the constitution (not by all of course, it’s a huge place with a lot of variety). They’re all elements of culture that aren’t present in the UK, so it’s alien to us.
I think it worked. I dunno, I think it's something that even foreigners can evalulate for themselves: in the context of racial tensions in the 60s, ideological warfare against communism, and an overall spirit of "American bravado", does a pledge make sense? As a ritual, it will have a unifying effect, even if we were reciting proper tooth-brushing etiquette at the beginning of every game. The effect would reinforce awareness of the pledge and what it stands for. Also I think a direct comparison between UK and USA is insufficient. this is more like UK versus other European countries in a football game. Are flags not waved and anthems played there?

The idea of saying your pledge or standing behind the anthem as ideological warfare against your rivals in sport is nothing new either. Way back at sacred games in Greece, the hellenes would pledge loyalty to a given city and/or diety and would give speeches (sermons, essentially) to that effect. The winner of a game could bestow the trophy/prize to a temple as a show of honor/humility, increasing that temple's notoriety. They would also compete on behalf of patrons, who wanted the political clout that went along with sponsoring a winner at the games. There were competitive categories in singing and music-playing at the games, too (which isn't a sport but gives a glimpse into their culture/mindset).

Fast forward to today and saying a pledge that reminds the participants that we are Americans doesn't seem so bizarre. Some families even say a prayer at Easter dinner.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Why not?

As Soodanim Soodanim said, it's just something that is totally alien to us here in the UK.1

DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi , yes we do play our national anthem before international football games, obviously an outsider never thinks as the US as split nations or anything like Europe, because it's still one country. It's always been one of those things that I've always seen as Americans being overly patriotic and never thinking about it any more than that. The American pledge is still a weird concept too.

Last edited:

Seeing as the US saved your country in WW1 and WW2, you might let that slide. Maybe if you lot were a bit more patriotic you would not have needed your asses being saved, twice. We also don't have the tradition of throwing bananas at Black Soccer players.

BjpSB0k.jpg

HoleinOne

Neo Member

I certainly do, and I'm glad they've stopped. Keep the anthem for international competition or patriotism-focused holidays like the 4th and Veteran's Day.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seeing as the US saved your country in WW1 and WW2, you might let that slide.

Nah, when being "saved" results in us ending up worse-off economically than the axis powers we were both fighting against, you probably shouldn't argue that line.
WW1 and WW2 basically made America the superpower it is today. Essentially by capitalizing on a pan-European civil war the US not only gained power and global influence but also handily managed to put its 2 biggest European rivals (GB and France) out of contention.

And frankly, had Britain capitulated to the Nazi's in 1940, (before the Japanese did us a favour by attacking Pearl Harbour and allowing us a pretext to declare war on them, strongarming the US into reciprocating with the European front) and dragged the US into the war) they'd likely have had the nuclear bomb first and the world would likely be a very different place!

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Resetera’s nintendo fan boy’s are such fucking babies. I cant tell you how many times i was dog piled when i was on that site for saying stuff that wasn’t always super positive about nintendo. And for fuck sake god forbid a game didn’t get a switch port. It could be the biggest, most graphically intensive game imaginable, and the troglodites would crawl out of their holes to screech about how the “game is perfect for switch” and how much money they are leaving on the table by not developing a sub hd port that runs at 23 fps.

the nintendo community here is so much better. I dont feel like i have to step around egg shells.
I agree about the Switch ports, its childish, but i actually found NintendoGAF much more positive and relaxed overall than ERA, there its mostly a giant rollercoaster but with some negative nancies always complaining, and there is even a trans rights are human rights label on the OT! And on like 3 so far

Naughty Dog ERA fanboys on the other hand, oh boy :messenger_fearful:

Last edited:
US gave you a loan at 2% interest that took you to 2006 to finish paying. Also let's not forget the Canadians loaned you over 1 billion.

Let's not get into the war ffs. Fucking idiot

We don't play the anthems at internationals matches between clubs i.e. The Champions League. There is no way that would happen.

But in matches between countries we do because it's the representative team of that country.

Ignore the war, ignore the racism, everything is just peachy in Britain because we do not play anthems. Anthems are bad.

4A7ZxAC.gif

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
US gave you a loan at 2% interest that took you to 2006 to finish paying. Also let's not forget the Canadians loaned you over 1 billion.

Ignore the war, ignore the racism, everything is just peachy in Britain because we do not play anthems. Anthems are bad.

4A7ZxAC.gif

I like America, and I like most Americans I've met. And I am genuinely, honestly grateful to every American who served in the war against Nazism.

However, when people who weren't even alive during those dark days start claiming that we should show gratitude to them for these historic actions... Seriously?

Nationality, citizenship, doesn't mean shit son. You want to lay claim to previous generations achievements, well you better be prepared to eat a ton of shit for their misdeeds as well.
You can't have it both ways.

Which ironically is where we came in... LOL

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think it worked. I dunno, I think it's something that even foreigners can evalulate for themselves: in the context of racial tensions in the 60s, ideological warfare against communism, and an overall spirit of "American bravado", does a pledge make sense? As a ritual, it will have a unifying effect, even if we were reciting proper tooth-brushing etiquette at the beginning of every game. The effect would reinforce awareness of the pledge and what it stands for. Also I think a direct comparison between UK and USA is insufficient. this is more like UK versus other European countries in a football game. Are flags not waved and anthems played there?

The idea of saying your pledge or standing behind the anthem as ideological warfare against your rivals in sport is nothing new either. Way back at sacred games in Greece, the hellenes would pledge loyalty to a given city and/or diety and would give speeches (sermons, essentially) to that effect. The winner of a game could bestow the trophy/prize to a temple as a show of honor/humility, increasing that temple's notoriety. They would also compete on behalf of patrons, who wanted the political clout that went along with sponsoring a winner at the games. There were competitive categories in singing and music-playing at the games, too (which isn't a sport but gives a glimpse into their culture/mindset).

Fast forward to today and saying a pledge that reminds the participants that we are Americans doesn't seem so bizarre. Some families even say a prayer at Easter dinner.

The anthem, whatever it's fine even with the amount of use it gets.

But the pledge is creeeeepy. Having kids recite it every morning at school? super creeepy.

Last edited:

Dav-Kripler

Taysan has just the thing to help you forget historical conflicts

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Why is it creepy? In most cases the gov't is the one providing the education anyway.

It's like a prayer to the nation, an indoctrination fed to kids. I don't know, feels wrong and having kids forced into that... buff. Many european nations have had brushes with dictatorship and having kids do things like that it's like the kind of thing that happened "back then". Granted the us is not a dictatorship obviously and i'm not making that comparison, just saying why from an euro perspective having kids do these kinds of mandated oaths feels wrong.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's like a prayer to the nation, an indoctrination fed to kids. I don't know, feels wrong and having kids forced into that... buff. Many european nations have had brushes with dictatorship and having kids do things like that it's like the kind of thing that happened "back then". Granted the us is not a dictatorship obviously and i'm not making that comparison, just saying why from an euro perspective having kids do these kinds of mandated oaths feels wrong.
Well it's not mandated necessarily, and plenty of states and school districts make a fuss about including or excluding it.

I explained some of the reasons why it makes sense in earlier posts. I don't feel too strongly about it myself. It's a cultural practice, not much more or less than that.

nush

Gold Member
Taysan has just the thing to help you forget historical conflicts

Anyone want to place bets how long until he's just an unemployed stoner living with his parents getting baked all day?

Gifmaker

Why is it creepy? In most cases the gov't is the one providing the education anyway.
It comes off as cult-like and is definitely super creepy. These are children. Stuffing allegiances to a country down their throat from an early age on is not exactly normal. And explains why oh so many Americans grow up to genuiely think that they are the best country in the world, period, when there is so much wrong with it that makes outsiders just shake their heads.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

You post over at NintendoGAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom