• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF is doing so well now I think it's time to cut all association with the other site. Even just testing the waters in Politics I can see how some are dead-set on viewing this site as an opposing force. Meaning they view it as a green light to be racists and bigots.

So yes nuke this shit please and let's stop acknowledging resetera.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
GAF is doing so well now I think it's time to cut all association with the other site. Even just testing the waters in Politics I can see how some are dead-set on viewing this site as an opposing force. Meaning they view it as a green light to be racists and bigots.

You're deranged, dude. Seeing racists everywhere. I think you'd definitely fit in better over on Era if that's how you roll.

*Nightwing

Is it mostly trans women who are vocal in the threads tearing into men finding “cis” women attractive?

And the reason they don’t like it is because as a trans woman “cis” men don’t find them attractive?

Not trying to stir anything, just trying to understand where their coming from.
I just think its part of their delusion as a whole, its the height of misogyny; as men they believe they can be better women than cis women and anything proving to the contrary seems to make them explode in illogical rage at every turn

edit: also for clarification this is in reference to the trans LARPers on era, every real person I've met with gender dysmorphia that is transgender becouse they feel that way, and not for identity politics protected status, are generally well centered and caring empathetic individuals

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

there's no way to sever that association, those goofy bastards chased the abyss by infecting minds, siphoning ideas and resources

the owner and old guard should count their blessings

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned

This is a thread specifically so we don't have to talk about ERA in other places. Do we want to be like ERA and say things llike "The other place" or get punished for mentioning the site?

Removing association with other site, or doing what ERA is doing by "cancelling" NeoGAF discussion - in my opinion - is actually a sign of weakness and insecurity. Leave that to fringe left-wing demographics who get the illusion of power from this.

DogofWar

Don't nuke this thread, whenever I read some shitty news about something I go here, see ban messages on REEEra and is already in a better mood!

If there is a problem with individual users on there getting stalked it should of course be dealt with but that could definitely happen elsewhere as well and not just here. Not the thread that is the problem.

Paulxo87

Did ya'll see the Show off your 2021 gaming set up thread?

On the first page it was obvious that the OP just wanted to be a show off and then another reeeetard called it offensive that he would show off how well off he is when we are in a pandemic and people are suffering lmfao. It was too ridiculous for even the rest of the thread they laughed him off.

You would think some of those(most) of those dudes over there were trying to win Emmy's with how well they play the white victim part holy shit. It's beyond belief how mentally gone they are

Last edited:
Why was he in a thread that is meant to be showing off?

Like i am sorry that people are suffering and all that, but it is not my problem to make sure they are offended by me showing off.

edit: he also had a fucking 65 OLED C9, tv that goes for 1 thousand dollars. shut up dude. Unless you have MC Hammer's skill in budgeting, if you can afford that tv you ain't starving.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I say keep this thread open. This thread highlights how not to have a community. They hate each other. They've purged countless people for wrongthink and they still tear each other apart constantly.
It's an echchamber and they can't stand the sound of their own voices. Let this thread serve as a reminder of how far we've come.

Marvel14

Banned
I say keep this thread open. This thread highlights how not to have a community. They hate each other. They've purged countless people for wrongthink and they still tear each other apart constantly.
It's an echchamber and they can't stand the sound of their own voices. Let this thread serve as a reminder of how far we've come.
Yeas! A few pages back I tried some lighthearted taglines to soften the mood and get back into a fun spirit....all I got were crickets...literally! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Did ya'll see the Show off your 2021 gaming set up thread?

On the first page it was obvious that the OP just wanted to be a show off and then another reeeetard called it offensive that he would show off how well off he is when we are in a pandemic and people are suffering lmfao. It was too ridiculous for even the rest of the thread they laughed him off.

You would think some of those(most) of those dudes over there were trying to win Emmy's with how well they play the white victim part holy shit. It's beyond belief how mentally gone they are

Thats just tabris being tabris. He was doing that here for like ... 15 years. Occasionally someone would complain - usually in January when the thread was new.

What's interesting about your point is that they must have a lot of turnover over there if members are just now seeing his ridiculous "setups." Lotta new people.

Chittagong Chittagong did the one for GAF this year and has had a couple of beautiful setups I've seen over the years but refrained from putting it in the OP. Classy move though I personally don't care if you live in a penthouse or a pup tent. I just like seeing people's setups. Kinda the point of the thread.

Its hilarious the new guard over there are just now getting pissed at Tabris though. You should send them the links going back to 2005 from here ... or the last three years of Reset.

Tabris gonna Tabris. Leave it alone and move on lol

I'm all for nuking the thread. You don't fight negativity with negativity or build something on top of that negativity (putting Gaf back on its feet for example).

Resetera is the perfect example that you'll never be able to build something meaningful out of negativity. It started out of goodwill for most people, as a new beginning and quickly became horrible when negativity became the norm and the staff started to pander to the most petty and insufferable members, more often than not the staff being negativity kings/queens themselves.

You don't even need Resetera to realize that, it's just the most common life tip. So yeah, imho this thread has run its course. Plus, just imagine making fun of the same people over three years. When does it get old exactly ? What's the limit ?

Last edited:

Paulxo87

Why was he in a thread that is meant to be showing off?

Like i am sorry that people are suffering and all that, but it is not my problem to make sure they are offended by me showing off.

edit: he also had a fucking 65 OLED C9, tv that goes for 1 thousand dollars. shut up dude. Unless you have MC Hammer's skill in budgeting, if you can afford that tv you ain't starving.

Because they are professional victims. They go and seek out opportunities to be offended and create controversy where none exists. They are addicted to the feeling of being simps. They are a fucking cancer

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I'm all for nuking the thread. You don't fight negativity with negativity or build something on top of that negativity (putting Gaf back on its feet for example).

Resetera is the perfect example that you'll never be able to build something meaningful out of negativity. It started out of goodwill for most people, as a new beginning and quickly became horrible when negativity became the norm and the staff started to pander to the most petty and insufferable members, more often than not the staff being negativity kings/queens themselves.

You don't even need Resetera to realize that, it's just the most common life tip. So yeah, imho this thread has run its course. Plus, just imagine making fun of the same people over three years. When does it get old exactly ? What's the limit ?
Nah, this thread is enjoyable and makes me feel like a normal person.

Raven117

Because when this thread is done right (and not veering into weird online creepy status), it is really more than just bashing on Reset. Reset is just a pure example of some of the more ridiculous things the "woke" have pushed way beyond their fiber-optics cables. Making fun of some of those ideas, laughing at some of the lunacy of it all, does remind you that many people don't share this kind zero sum way of thinking. The "woke" are not much for intentional comedy, and this place is good for a laugh among folks who aren't insane.

It really isn't all that negative.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

Although I partially agree with you, to give a counter argument, not only does this thread not represent our forum in entirety, but it highlights the community's differences between both. Neogaf is a more enjoyable forum despite this thread existing, and maybe also thanks to this thread existing, as it is gives an opportunity for returners to directly compare one place to the other and get a straightforward answer that we do and think things differently.

For us who have already moved on, maybe it's not worth much besides a few laughs and a constant reminder of how the extreme left is. And maybe it can turn into an unhealthy obsession for some. But for others who stumble upon this place for the first time, it's as important to them as it was for us back then.

Dorohedoro

Most of what has been expressed here has not been hatred toward transgender people in general. There's just a small group of transgender people on ResetEra who are completely and totally insufferable and act in a way which makes them completely unlikeable to anyone and then use their gender identity as a shield which is supposed to protect them from any kind of criticism whatsoever. Imagine if your first interactions with transgender people were on ResetEra? Their actions their enablers on the ResetEra moderation team have done more to promote antagonism toward transgender people than anything ever posted in this thread.
Or anything CDPR ever did.

THNjnoW.jpg

I7TV5yh.jpg
RsecJuk.gif

Says a lot when nobody on there calls this out, must be terrified of that "Whataboutism" permaban.

Lame as that may sound, the Cyberpunk thrash fire was one of the funnest thing of 2020 for me. That may tell something about me, I know. But it was really a great show, and I wouldn't have wasted time going there to witness it first hand.

That said, after all that, Era is still there and since then I've found I've grown sort of numb to their shenanigans. They've learnt next to nothing from that shitshow, but the whole thing hasn't been their end either. This thread has slowed down considerably, too, and some members a little too involved have been banned.

Now this thread is a lot slower and less vitriolic. What hasn't changed is Era's lunacy, and I'd prefer this thread stay open and keep recording the best of their nonsense.
It's true that the "stay civil" and "don't get personal" has been infringed time and again. I was never happy about it, but it's definitely a risk.
Lol yeah this thread was fire for a few days. The Great Cyberpunk Era Meltdown was one for the books.

Ol'Scratch

I swear that the idiots over there make so much shit up to try and compete to be the biggest victim or the most woke.

I mean, if his neighbor put it up why not take a picture of it for the point?

Thats just tabris being tabris. He was doing that here for like ... 15 years. Occasionally someone would complain - usually in January when the thread was new.

What's interesting about your point is that they must have a lot of turnover over there if members are just now seeing his ridiculous "setups." Lotta new people.

Chittagong Chittagong did the one for GAF this year and has had a couple of beautiful setups I've seen over the years but refrained from putting it in the OP. Classy move though I personally don't care if you live in a penthouse or a pup tent. I just like seeing people's setups. Kinda the point of the thread.

Its hilarious the new guard over there are just now getting pissed at Tabris though. You should send them the links going back to 2005 from here ... or the last three years of Reset.

I don't understand this mindset. Unless you are being a douche about it and bragging about your wealth and success, one should not get up set with wealthy people for simply being wealthy. I don't make a lot of money so Im not biased towards them, I live a mostly humble life. I waited years just to get a 4K TV for the right price and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I just feel getting mad at people and being mean for simply being more wealthy than you is pointless and self defeating.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Tabris would get a little out of control here with his ostentatious displays of wealth. The dude absolutely loves spending thousands on fine dining. But he also had a rug from IKEA at one point? I dunno.

But he got so ridiculous that I’m like 75% sure EL said he had to donate some amount of money to charity or be banned.

I haven’t followed him much on Era but I’d be sad if he became super radicalized.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Tabris would get a little out of control here with his ostentatious displays of wealth. The dude absolutely loves spending thousands on fine dining. But he also had a rug from IKEA at one point? I dunno.

But he got so ridiculous that I’m like 75% sure EL said he had to donate some amount of money to charity or be banned.

I haven’t followed him much on Era but I’d be sad if he became super radicalized.
I wasn’t quite that harsh. IIRC I asked him to donate an amount to charity for each thread he posted showing off. The threads were becoming excessively frequent.

Friends of ours are super well off like that, the don't donate much or if at all. My wife and I give them constant shit for it. Decades ago an old boss of mine gave away 50% of his earnings, yes 50% (amazing guy). *he still did plenty alright for himself.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I've got a great book by this fella named Jordan Peterson. I wonder if they've heard of him :messenger_beaming:

TVexperto

They closed the crowbcat thread.

Also did anyone notice they replaced sophia with fake transistor at the top of the OT? Now I cant ignore it anymore for fucks sake.

oh fuck I followed that sage this isn't going to end well for this guy.

Tuff McNutt

I was getting worried. I really can't get through a week without an Exhausted Walrus "woe is me" thread.

This dude needs to buy a waifu pillow so he has someone to talk to.

maxresdefault.jpg

TVexperto

The fact that Reeeeeeeeeeee loosers are reading this thread and banning users over there that also have an account here makes it even more amusing.

Ol'Scratch

It is amazing that all that since you can't talk freely about how you feel about some threads and actions that happen on resetera ON resetera since you have to worry about the mod squad, and the ban hammer we go out of our way to have a thread that people can openly express themselves and they react with bans and hate.
A person with sense would be worried that a gaming and stuff message board will ban you for something you say on your own twitter and social media or on other boards. That is honestly creepy

Rex_DX

Gold Member

Nah I don't think he went radical as far as I know he's the same. Same avatar even. Same Herman Miller setup. Same gaming setup pics of his kitchen. I hope he never changes. What a character. I got a kick out his threads.

Love that charity anecdote though. That's good GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom