• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reputable From Software leaker states they haven’t heard if Bloodborne Remastered, patch, PC port or a sequel is in development

Papacheeks

Banned
It's not confirmed as anything right now. But when it comes to rumors/leaks I think Colin is a reputable source when it comes to Bluepoint and their games. But I honestly think it could be somewhere between a full remake and a remaster.

Also I don't think they are doing their own IP. They are said to be doing 2 projects a remaster/remake(Bloodborne, I hope) and new original content. Which could be a new IP, sure, but could also be something for an existing IP. So Bloodborne and extended Bloodborne content could be in the cards but could also be wishful thinking.

They actually said they are working on a new IP/Project? Said that it was the size of something like Miles Morales in scope. So not a full on big block buster in terms of dev time.

Stuart360

Eldern Ring is basically Dark Souls 4 in all but name, so using that Myazaki quote means nothing for me.

I'd love to know what Sony have against this game. Bloodborne was one of the best games of last gen. Playstation owners have been asking for a remaster or next gen patch for like 2 years now. And anyone with half a brain knows this would sell huge on Steam, just like all the other Souls games.

I still think we will get a PC port and next gen patch at some point.

kingkenny76

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

DarthPutin

This is a very reliable insider for From stuff, they'd probably know if something was in development.

Bluepoint said they are working on "original content", which sounds more like new IP to me (though I agree it's not 100% clear). They also discussed how they want to and capable of making original things.

There gotta be a Bloodborne next gen patch / remaster / pc port on the works. I don't believe the stupidity.

Then again Sony is Sony..

Papacheeks

Banned
This is a very reliable insider for From stuff, they'd probably know if something was in development.

Bluepoint said they are working on "original content", which sounds more like new IP to me (though I agree it's not 100% clear). They also discussed how they want to and capable of making original things.

They also are a multi project studio.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
They can't say anything about Bloodborne until Elden Ring is out. Namco would be pissed at Sony.

Just wait. I'm sure something will be announced soon 🙂

I really can't understand how SIE leadership can be so tone deaf with fans request. A Patch would cost money, yes, but would also revitalize somewhat the game and drive a couple of sales of the base game and dlc. And that's not even mentioning the whole PC market that its actually being left out of this game.

When you see things like this, or them completely ignoring the support and subsequent sale of BC titles, it's like a store refusing to sale the things that their clients want, or an Ice Cream truck not carrying the flavors that are being requested by their clients.

Then, on the other side of the street, you have Nintendo reselling all their Wii U titles at full price.
Sony and their current leadership under Jim Ryan can FUCK RIGHT OFF! That's why. The way they've been running things has sucked recently. We can't even buy Horizon FW's ps4 version digitally on the store because they're so greedy and want that extra $10 to squeeze from the very people who've supported then the most by buying their latest console.

Sony squeezes their nickels so tight they make the buffalo's shit. Fuck em!

No, for real though they are extremely tone deaf. They've handled BC terribly since ps5 was released. They're treating their console base pretty bad lately bringing games to PC without updating them for ps5 in a meaningful way, aside from doubling the framerate for some games. At the rate their going it wouldn't surprise me if they release BB remastered someday as a PC exclusive, because you know, console players have already gotten a chance to play the game.

Where the fuck is VRR? What's with making ps5 owners pay extra money? Why does Uncharted 4 "remaster" look worse in some ways than the ps4 pro version? Wtf

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They very well know BB is the most demanded PC port. At this point it's either a gigantic troll on their part, or there are some unfathomable licensing/partnership related issues that are preventing them from putting BB on PC.

Tschumi

"with that being said. In my entire"

Cry About It Captain Kirk GIF

What the hell mr. Full stop, what the hell.

Re: title, sounds about right tbh.

DavidGzz

Sony please. If this were an Xbox exclusive instead, Phil would ENSURE we at least had a patch by now. Shit, he would have ensured a patch even for the PS4Pro. Bloodborne is the best exclusive on a Sony platform and they act as if it doesn't exist anymore.

After how Sony treated Demon's Souls (THE REAL Demon's Souls) and Bloodborne, they don't deserve From Soft's exclusive attention anymore. From Soft's talent, time, and effort were wasted on them

yurinka

I think that for sure they have something Bloodborne related in the works, maybe are waiting for From Software to be available after Sekiro or Elder Ring for a Bloodborne sequel.

Regarding a PS5/PC version I assume Nixxes or someone else may be working on it, and probably Bluepoint is making extra content for Bloodborne, something like GoT Ikki Island stuff or the Death Stranding DC extra content to include it with the possible PS5/PC versions, or maybe even short standalone game like Uncharted Lost Legacy or Miles Morales reusing stuff.

Last edited:
Is anyone really surprised by this IF it’s legitimate? I really don’t think Sony sees Bloodborne is an important franchise for them for the obvious reasons. I mean if the rumors are true, handing off the much anticipated Bloodborne 2 to a studio that to my knowledge haven’t made an original game before really makes me kind of wonder.

Last edited:

april6e

I wish I hadn't read this article because at least I would have copium to keep me going. This story just killed all my hopes and dreams.

V4skunk

Banned
I want FS to make HR Giger inspired scifi BB spiritual successor, they could go batshit insane with themes like advanced tech, bio engineering and cosmic horror.

Top Bottom