• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reputable From Software leaker states they haven’t heard if Bloodborne Remastered, patch, PC port or a sequel is in development

AJUMP23

I could see Sony giving it to another studio since they own the IP. Myazaki isn't working on it though, which I would rather him do other stuff.

Tg89

Just make Elden Borne and we're good.

Bloodborne will eventually get a remaster. Any good game these days eventually gets a remaster and Bloodborne is better than 99.9% of the games that have gotten one.

Last edited:
mileva maric genius tv GIF by National Geographic Channel

wipeout364

I think it would be unlikely Bluepoint would be working on a sequel and From employees would not be aware or that it was not known at the company.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Because logic in GAF is if they can make high tech graphics they automatically become better game designers than FROM.
Nobody said that

Writting somebody off early before seeing their product itself is poor judgement

From said theyre not interested in doing bb2 so either bluepoint doing it or nothing at all

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
To be fair, aside from a sequel I wouldn't expect FROM to be involved in anything else related to Bloodborne. IF Sony makes a port, remaster or remake it will probably be done by a different studio.

With that said, I always had doubts about these rumors because the game didn't sell incredible numbers and Sony has shown little to no interest in it after it launched. They didn't even give it a basic resolution increase on Ps4 Pro

Didn't Demon's sell pretty poorly too? DkS1 was the first one that was really a success I think? And yet the DeS remake exists.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
In GAF I have seen lot of people say Bluepoints are better devs than FROM because how “pretty” DeS remake was.

They absolutely are better devs. Much, much better. From are pretty crap in that regard.

Are Bluepoint better game designers? Probably not, we don't know since they haven't made any games of their own. We know From are very good at that part of making games.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
They absolutely are better devs. Much, much better. Are they better game designers? Probably not, we don't know since they haven't made any games of their own.
Nah. They are better at graphics (from a tech perspective), but we don't know about anything else related to their developing/coding skills, like enemy AI or basic game mechanics for example.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nah. They are better at graphics (from a tech perspective), but we don't know about anything else related to their developing/coding skills, like enemy AI or basic game mechanics for example.

We do, because they did NOT just paint new graphics on top of the existing code with DeS. They based the remake on the existing codebase as a starting point, but they reworked a lot of stuff. The original PS3 code couldn't run on PS5 as is.

Now, being able to design good game mechanics etc is a different matter.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
We do, because they did NOT just paint new graphics on top of the existing code with DeS. They based the remake on the existing codebase as a starting point, but they reworked a lot of stuff. The original PS3 code couldn't run on PS5 as is.

Now, being able to design good game mechanics etc is a different matter.
Didn't know that! But still, "translating" old code into new one and making it from scratch is a very different thing.

I don't really dig their remakes tbh. I hope they get proper funding and make their own game from scratch, that would be interesting and a good chance for them to show what they are capable of.

Like others have said, this doesn’t mean anything. A Bloodborne remaster would be done by another studio.

Well, I guess it could mean there’s no BB2 on the horison, but that’s hardly shocking.

zeorhymer

So are we going to get Bloodborn 2 in the same vein as Darks Souls 2? Then have Bloodborn 3 made by FROM because of how trash #2 is? Oh, I like fantasy!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
We know it did because AI and animation of Manear boss still broken just like 2009 version.

They intentionally didn't change any AI because it was very important to them that the game mechanically worked just like the original. But that does not mean they didn't touch any of the gameplay code at all. It's NOT the original game running under emulation or whatever with a layer of new graphics on top.

Last edited:

manfestival

For who? Even Sony fanboys that don't want to lose "muh exclusive" want to see a remaster version with proper 60fps on PS5.
Why ask a question if you are going to just answer it yourself? Anyways your response was painfully predictable.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
In GAF I have seen lot of people say Bluepoints are better devs than FROM because how “pretty” DeS remake was.

No one is saying that. But bluepoint are a very capable studio that’s worked on demons souls remake and shadow. They actually improved animations in demons souls by remaking them from scratch.

They are very capable.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No one is saying that. But bluepoint are a very capable studio that’s worked on demons souls remake and shadow. They actually improved animations in demons souls by remaking them from scratch.

They are very capable.
I dont trust them make Bloodborne 2, They first need make on their own and see they actually design game instead of just remastering/remaking existing games.

Papacheeks

Banned
I dont trust them make Bloodborne 2, They first need make on their own and see they actually design game instead of just remastering/remaking existing games.

They are working on their own new IP along with Bloodborne 2. SO take that for what it is. New IP is similar to something like Miles morales in terms of size is what they said. I don;t know what they means so 🤷‍♂️

No sequel is fine. If its not miyazaki I don't want one made. No patch is insane. Sony needs an inhouse team to improve their games kind of like Xbox has...just boost the fps please.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They are working on their own new IP along with Bloodborne 2. SO take that for what it is. New IP is similar to something like Miles morales in terms of size is what they said. I don;t know what they means so 🤷‍♂️
yuck-gross.gif

If i want Bloodborne 2, I want it see made by FROM not Bluepoint and I’m one of the people who did NOT liked the visual design in demon' Souls remake.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

It don't need no sequel with its Lovecraftian themes, but no 60 fps patch or any remasters at all is disappointing if true.

None of this talks about Bluepoint. Who supposedly are making Bloodborne 2, and a new IP.
It kind of does. The source states that they knew about Demon's Souls, which implies that they would know about Bloodborne.

I'd be stunned if Sony is abandoning Bloodborne. Did it sell as well as other Sony big-name titles? No, but selling 2 million copies is no joke. Demon's Souls PS3 didn't sell that well and it got the nod from Sony for a remake. Honestly, the game just needs a framerate and resolution bump on PS5. But you're looking at 3 million copies easily on PC. At 50 dollars a pop that is 150 million dollars in revenue (not including any additional PS5 sales).

I'll go as far as to say, I'll be stunned if this isn't at least announced within 12 months for PS5 and PC. Especially with Elden Ring coming out. Seem that it would be a key pillar in Sony's PC plans along with a Demon's Souls PC release.

If those two games sold 6 million copies on PC at 50 dollars, you're looking at 300 million in revenue. Obviously not enough to buy Kadokawa, but maybe enough to help take the sting out of the price tag.

Papacheeks

Banned
No sequel is fine. If its not miyazaki I don't want one made. No patch is insane. Sony needs an inhouse team to improve their games kind of like Xbox has...just boost the fps please.

The people in this thread are literally too much for me. I need to add more to my ignore list.

Miyazaki didn't make NIOH and that game is pretty damn great.

I will give people a chance. That's like not playing FF15 because Nomua didn't make it. Still was pretty great.

NonPhixion

We already know it's Bluepoint handling the remaster. You couldn't get a more trustworthy source on PlayStation than Colin Moriarty.
Exactly. Colin called the Demon's Souls remake like a year or two before it was ever announced. As it was originally intended as a PS4 title.

If Colin is saying Bluepoint is doing a BB remake/remaster? I believe it.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Exactly. Colin called the Demon's Souls remake like a year or two before it was ever announced. As it was originally intended as a PS4 title.

If Colin is saying Bluepoint is doing a BB remake/remaster? I believe it.

So i's confirmed a remake? Because didn't VGC and couple others mention bloodborne sequel being made by bluepoint?

Remaster instead of a remake, and sequel plus their new IP. Thats a lot.

I think it would be unlikely Bluepoint would be working on a sequel and From employees would not be aware or that it was not known at the company.
I think that is speculation.

There might have been a larger conversation over Demon's Souls because of the age of the game compared to Bloodbourne that just came out. Especially if it is just a remaster or a patch compared to a full on remake. They are just such different situations that it suggests to me at least not to assume a 1:1 relationship between what From Software might have known about Demon's Souls and who at From Software knew about Demon's Souls to what they would know about Bloodborne.

Ladioss

Probably for the better. This way From soft devs can properly focus on Armored Core 6.

Last edited:

vpance

A BB2 by Bluepoint would be great even if they just rehash the mechanics of the first game. From has no time to make a real sequel anyways.

Plantoid

The truth is that - for Sony standards - bloodborne flopped...

Same as demons souls who sold less than returnal if I'm not misremembering

Remember, Sony though days gone flopped and it sold a lot more than bb

Papacheeks

Banned
The truth is that - for Sony standards - bloodborne flopped...

Same as demons souls who sold less than returnal if I'm not misremembering

Remember, Sony though days gone flopped and it sold a lot more than bb

Days gone was heavily discounted early on. Bloodborne sold well considering install base at the time.

Demons souls still holds its value.

NonPhixion

So i's confirmed a remake? Because didn't VGC and couple others mention bloodborne sequel being made by bluepoint?

Remaster instead of a remake, and sequel plus their new IP. Thats a lot.
It's not confirmed as anything right now. But when it comes to rumors/leaks I think Colin is a reputable source when it comes to Bluepoint and their games. But I honestly think it could be somewhere between a full remake and a remaster.

Also I don't think they are doing their own IP. They are said to be doing 2 projects a remaster/remake(Bloodborne, I hope) and new original content. Which could be a new IP, sure, but could also be something for an existing IP. So Bloodborne and extended Bloodborne content could be in the cards but could also be wishful thinking.

The people in this thread are literally too much for me. I need to add more to my ignore list.

Miyazaki didn't make NIOH and that game is pretty damn great.

I will give people a chance. That's like not playing FF15 because Nomua didn't make it. Still was pretty great.
The gameplay could be good, but the lore aspect is why I wouldnt want anyone but miyazaki to do it. His style is really unique. Its like trying to do mgs6 without kojima.

Top Bottom