• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reputable From Software leaker states they haven’t heard if Bloodborne Remastered, patch, PC port or a sequel is in development

Draugoth

Gold Member

This is regarding From Software and doesn't rule out that Bluepoint could be working on something regarding the IP.

According to the dude who leaked the Summer Game Fest Reveal Trailer for Elden Ring (Omnipotent), among other things related to FS, there is nothing related to Bloodborne in development.

Last edited:
Hv2j3Hj.png

dotnotbot

Well, I assumed it was obvious that FS wouldn't be working on this remaster, just like they outsourced DS1.

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the whole thing. That's sad.

Last edited:

skit_data

Well, I never expected them to either tbh.

Edit: I mean From Software themselves. Any remaster, sequel or port would be done by Bluepoint or possibly Nixxes when it comes to port/PS5 version.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Bloodborne 2 news fromsoft no

Bloodborne 2 news from bluepoint yes
Why would you want a sequel developed by a different team that also happens to have almost no experience when it comes to developing games from scratch?

Expect a remake as a launch title for PS6.
You are probably right.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Why would FS be required here? They can fuck off. Ball's on Sonys court its up to them to decide. Just give Nixxes the good to go.

Faithless83

Banned
Some things are better kept secrets than others, who knows...
A single guy did it on PS4 pro using mods, it surely is possible but it needs some work, not the regular "uncapped framerrate" and boom.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I would love to know the reasons that this never happened. it just seems crazy at this point.

Surely, there must be some legal reasons or something?

Maybe something to do with using FromSofts engine and code? I have absolutely no idea.

TrueLegend

I am gonna leave a comment just to make everybody look back and laugh back at this Buffon when the bloodborne remaster comes out.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Why would you want a sequel developed by a different team that also happens to have almost no experience when it comes to developing games from scratch?

You are probably right.
I have no idea but thats the circulating news ( that bluepoint is the one doing bloodborne 2)

Last edited:

Fbh

To be fair, aside from a sequel I wouldn't expect FROM to be involved in anything else related to Bloodborne. IF Sony makes a port, remaster or remake it will probably be done by a different studio.

With that said, I always had doubts about these rumors because the game didn't sell incredible numbers and Sony has shown little to no interest in it after it launched. They didn't even give it a basic resolution increase on Ps4 Pro

MiguelItUp

A part of me still feels it's possible considering the attention we've seen given to other titles, especially PS titles that have hit PC. But who knows, anything is possible.

I'm never going to marry the idea of it happening, though I'd love for it to. But on the bright side, if it never does, emulation can and will certainly help with that in the not too distant future, lol.

I wonder how much would it sell on PC. The thrist is there, but maybe is more of an echo chamber thing than lots of people actually wanting to play it.

Would be fun if it sold more on PC than PS4.:messenger_grinning_sweat:
It would sell INCREDIBLY well, we all know it would, haha. I think that's the part that's the hardest to understand. In a world where a Days Gone port exists, it's weird to me to think that Bloodborne wouldn't. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I'm not even a "I WANT IT ON PC!" person, I mean, that'd be cool and all. But I'd be totally fine with a 60fps patch, a remaster that's console only, etc. I just want a legitimate 60fps version. I could buy a PS4 Pro and get the mod, but man, I want to believe, lmao.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I have no idea but thats the circulating news ( that bluepoint is the one doing bloodborne 2)
Ugh, I dunno man... It might be a good game, but I doubt it will have the same feeling as the original one made by FS.

Angelcurio

I really can't understand how SIE leadership can be so tone deaf with fans request. A Patch would cost money, yes, but would also revitalize somewhat the game and drive a couple of sales of the base game and dlc. And that's not even mentioning the whole PC market that its actually being left out of this game.

When you see things like this, or them completely ignoring the support and subsequent sale of BC titles, it's like a store refusing to sale the things that their clients want, or an Ice Cream truck not carrying the flavors that are being requested by their clients.

Then, on the other side of the street, you have Nintendo reselling all their Wii U titles at full price.

Last edited:

emivita

It would cost some work, unfortunately.

As a simple unlock to 60fps would break animations.

Thanks, didn't know about that. Developing BB with only 30 FPS in mind wasn't a great idea, I suppose. Just curious if the same extra work was needed for Dark Souls 1 when they ported it on PC.

YCoCg

Why not just buy the modders patch and push it as a PS5 patch? He fixed all the frame timing stuff and did all the hard work, just take that, change the resolution back to 1080p or even 1440p/2160p and bam free upgrade that will satsify most people.

MiguelItUp

Why not just buy the modders patch and push it as a PS5 patch? He fixed all the frame timing stuff and did all the hard work, just take that, change the resolution back to 1080p or even 1440p/2160p and bam free upgrade that will satsify most people.
I want to believe the modder would actually make it work for the PS5. I'm not sure what could be successfully done outside of his hands. To my knowledge, no one has made it work outside of the PS4 pro.

Edit: JUST saw that it DOES exist. Hmm... I'm gonna be looking into this.
I don’t know why you guys are acting surprised, the Nvidia leaks did not have it in the database.
While the Nvidia leak apparently provided some legitimate info, it's not like it contained everything, lmao.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I always thought the idea of a full remaster was silly given the age of the title. However, I didn't really see anything in the original post that would indicate that Sony isn't possibly looking at a port or current gen patch, just that From isn't involved. I know it's not a high priority, but it's still possible, or did I miss something?

I really can't understand how SIE leadership can be so tone deaf with fans request.
I don't get the impression they are tone deaf, they just can't do everything at once. Look at shadow of the colossus and last guardian. Look at Final Fantasy remake. I think they recognized and responded in those cases and the same could be true here. Just because they don't have it happening now doesn't mean it is off the table.

S0ULZB0URNE

Just enhance the current game with 60fps and add HDR.
I'd pay the stupid (anti consumer) upgrade fee Sony charges if need be.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned

This is regarding From Software and doesn't rule out that Bluepoint could be working on something regarding the IP.

According to the dude who leaked the Summer Game Fest Reveal Trailer for Elden Ring (Omnipotent), among other things related to FS, there is nothing related to Bloodborne in development.

None of this talks about Bluepoint. Who supposedly are making Bloodborne 2, and a new IP.

Top Bottom