• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Rainbow Six Quarantine Renamed “Rainbow Six Parasite” as Image Surfaces

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While Ubisoft has remained mum on any new details, it seems the publisher is moving forward with the game, as a file for it has been uploaded on the PlayStation Network! This file numbers the game version as 1.01, and cites it as the “Initial launch patch.”

Upon further digging, we found what seems to be an image from the file belonging to the PS4 of the dash, boot, and save data icon, and the mention of Rainbow Six Parasite, which could be Rainbow Six Quarantine’s new title! Note that Ubisoft has confirmed that it was mulling a name change and moving away from “Quarantine” given the on-going COVID-19 pandemic. Check out the images we’ve obtained below.

rainbow-six-paraiste.png

The boot screen PS4 players will see. Also the save data icon.

pic1-1536x864.png

In addition to that, we’ve also managed to get an image of the Remote Play feature using the PlayStation Vita, where it’s also named as “Rainbow Six Parasite.” Sadly there is no description as to what each button does.

rainbow-six-parasite.png

People associate negative things with the word quarantine because of covid so it makes sense from a marketing view to change the name.
Yea but change it to something worse? Sheer word “parasite” gives me creeps. Sounds like survival horror/zombie/apocalypse game which it is not. Still mildly excited for it btw.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Bridges

R6 Quarantine seems like a better name than Parasite, but it was undoubtedly a smart move to change the name

Omali

Ubisoft getting ahead of every hack fraud grifter writing up their "Ubisoft Using The Term 'Quarantine' In 2021 Is Bad Optics" headlines.

matty3092

Gonna keep my eye on this one while I haven't really played much siege the idea of a more coop rainbow game is exciting

D.Final

Banned

While Ubisoft has remained mum on any new details, it seems the publisher is moving forward with the game, as a file for it has been uploaded on the PlayStation Network! This file numbers the game version as 1.01, and cites it as the “Initial launch patch.”

Upon further digging, we found what seems to be an image from the file belonging to the PS4 of the dash, boot, and save data icon, and the mention of Rainbow Six Parasite, which could be Rainbow Six Quarantine’s new title! Note that Ubisoft has confirmed that it was mulling a name change and moving away from “Quarantine” given the on-going COVID-19 pandemic. Check out the images we’ve obtained below.

rainbow-six-paraiste.png

The boot screen PS4 players will see. Also the save data icon.

pic1-1536x864.png

In addition to that, we’ve also managed to get an image of the Remote Play feature using the PlayStation Vita, where it’s also named as “Rainbow Six Parasite.” Sadly there is no description as to what each button does.

rainbow-six-parasite.png

PsVita is still alive?

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
People associate negative things with the word quarantine because of covid so it makes sense from a marketing view to change the name.
For me personally parasite is a much worse sounding name than quarantine, but yeah, this is Ubisoft and their motto is to avoid making people upset. ;)

Last edited:

wipeout364

Should have used invasion instead of parasite. Looks terrible and I say this as a pretty big rainbow six siege player. That outbreak mode was not good so I don’t have much hype for this.

Ubisoft should have just done a classic multiplayer campaign in the Tom Clancy universe but they probably don’t want to offend the Chinese or Russians since they were the enemies in Tom Clancy books.

Shmunter

Should have used invasion instead of parasite. Looks terrible and I say this as a pretty big rainbow six siege player. That outbreak mode was not good so I don’t have much hype for this.

Ubisoft should have just done a classic multiplayer campaign in the Tom Clancy universe but they probably don’t want to offend the Chinese or Russians since they were the enemies in Tom Clancy books.
Sheesh, I hope not

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tom Clancy games like code names (Vegas, breakpoint etc.) recently games have had crazy names (battlefield 1, modern warfare etc.) next months will be all speculation around this game.

wipeout364

The stream was interesting. Watching it has not changed my opinion, the game played slow and clunky like rainbow six but with this crazy setting which for me doesn’t really gel together. It would be like playing borderlands or doom with rainbow six controls.

Kronos9x

At first i was liking it a lot since this is exactly what i want in these zombie games: exploration, stealth, slow gameplay, ect. I don't like arcadey games like L4D.

But after a while i noticed the empty levels, the repetitive gameplay, and almost no enemies around. It's almost PS2 like.

Maybe this was the tutorial. I've played many Ubisoft Betas and the retail game is basically the same so i'm not sure what this game is trying to look like. I was thinking a mix of The Division and Splinter cell with first person camera but this looks very simple and basic.

Phase

I don't know why, maybe because I never followed Siege at all, but when I first heard of this I envisioned a whole new game and not a spinoff.

Last edited:

Winkle

Wtf is this??? Please for the love of god don’t release this game. Where are all the proper tactile shooters?
I know ,I know, they now only reside on the PC which really pee’s me off.
I’d rather buy remakes of the original games than this shit.
Tom Clancy wouldn’t have ever agreed to this. Let alone write about it.

Phase

Wtf is this??? Please for the love of god don’t release this game. Where are all the proper tactile shooters?
Agreed bro. And it's been dry as hell for shooters in the last few years, pc or not.

Last edited:

Shmunter

6 Day in Fallujah is coming

jaysius

Banned
This shows how brain dead tone deaf Ubisoft is to the legacy core gamers, they’d rather satisfy their new toxic dump griefer game audience, I guess those are the “whales” of the F2P mech in their current shitty games.

This should be thrown in a pit and burned, it’s only hope is Gamepass a day 1.

I want a Rainbow 6 AT LEAST as good as R6 Vegas, fuck I’d take Vegas 2 quality even now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom