• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Diablo 4 could be launching in April 2023, with preorders going live December

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

What you need to know​

• Diablo 4 is the next installment in the legendary action RPG series from Blizzard.
  • A rumor over the summer suggested that Diablo 4 may be getting revealed at The Game Awards in December, and we now have some tentative corroboration.
  • Reported on the XboxEra podcast and corroborated by our own sources, it seems Diablo 4 could be targeting an April 2023 launch window.
  • The game should go live for preorder during The Game Awards 2022 if the rumors are correct, alongside various digital editions and a premium collector's edition with some rather fiery goodies.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im wondering how they going to handle the replay value of this game.

btw, anyone knows will there be crusader or paladin class ?

Valedix

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

marquimvfs

The only thing that interests me is if it will have offline multiplayer campaign, like Diablo 3 console edition. Not that I dislike single player Diablo, but it's a plus for me and an undisclosed feature for the moment.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Expecting a total shitshow, so... zero hype. There was a time I was pretty excited for this though. Now I'm just assuming it will be a sleaze-fest. And probably fuckin broken on top of it.

amigastar

im wondering how they going to handle the replay value of this game.

btw, anyone knows will there be crusader or paladin class ?
No Paladin so far.
Only Barbarian, Druid, Necro, Rogue and Sorceress.
But there will be Character DLC in the future.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Everything I’ve seen of this has looked really good, although I’m sure Blizzard will screw it up somehow.

Day one on PS5! Let’s hope Blizzard don’t fuck this up. Hoping the gameplay is like Diablo 3 but with better atmosphere and loot.

Drizzlehell

Banned
In a perfect world, this would be the time for me to get super hyped about playing a new Diablo game.

Sadly, though, we live in a world where current Activision Blizzard exists.

Moonjt9

I don’t have faith in blizzard to make a good game anymore. But Diablo is one of my all time favorites. I’ll wait for impressions and details on loot and itemization and whatnot. Diablo 3 really really was not good.

To me this is blizzard’s last chance. If Diablo 4 is not good, then I will never even think about a blizzard game in the future.

PeteBull

I don’t have faith in blizzard to make a good game anymore. But Diablo is one of my all time favorites. I’ll wait for impressions and details on loot and itemization and whatnot. Diablo 3 really really was not good.

To me this is blizzard’s last chance. If Diablo 4 is not good, then I will never even think about a blizzard game in the future.
Closed beta already going on as we speak, i did see some polish youtuber/twitch diablo streamers who even tho cant say stuff directly, did give some impressions and altho game wont be as good as d2 it should be definitely better from d3, from what i managed to find- d4 looks like solid game, better from d3 by a mile and following into steps of path of excile(very good h&s game too).
Considering that to me d3 even tho worst in the series, is still really good 9,5/10 game(thx to reaper of souls changes), we can expect really good entry in the series, maybe not such timeless classic like d1/d2 but visibly better from d3 :)

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
It's come to the point that I can say:
"It's Blizzard, I'm sceptical it won't suck."

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Elitro

Looking forward to it. The devs said there will eventually be an open beta. That could sway me into pre ordering.

yeah i'll be there day one for sure whenever that may be. it's time for a good diablo game! immortal was shit and i don't have the nostalgia for D2... i tried the remake/master but found it awful.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

100% sure I will get it. Better get on those pre-orders to make sure I secure a digital copy of the game...

So far what they've shown gives me hope that they can turn things around and release a banger of a game.

Fuz

Banned
It will be a piece of shit designed around MTX and all the new scummy business practices, with a wink to the woke culture.

Top Bottom