• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remote Play to any Android Device in PS4 Update 7.00

ethomaz

Banned
So connecting your DualShock to the device and using it on the PS4 RemotePlay App only works if you have Android OS 10, which is currently only available on like 10 current flagship phones, or iOS 13.

So basically this currently only works if you're wealthy.
I think any iPhone after 6S has iOS 13 and that include my old iPhone SE.
The other side my Mi 9 didn't received Android 10 yet.

Last edited:

quickwhips

Great to see them improving this wonderful feature! One of my favorites along with share play. Been using it since the beginning of the generation on my sons Vita, and it was a game changer being able to continue playing on it when the wife wants to see the soap opera 😅
Shareplay is pretty great also.

Shifty1897

Not really fair to blame Sony for Google's Android abandonware policy.
I can Bluetooth my phone to my DualShock just fine, but the updated OSs are needed to verify the device is a DualShock and not a generic gamepad.

Why can't Sony make the app compatible with a generic gamepad, some of which are actual DualShock 4s? Because of the same reason that Vita memory cards were $100 proprietary pieces of crap.

Last edited:
I can Bluetooth my phone to my DualShock just fine, but the updated OSs are needed to verify the device is a DualShock and not a generic gamepad.

Why can't Sony make the app compatible with a generic gamepad, some of which are actual DualShock 4s? Because of the same reason that Vita memory cards were $100 proprietary pieces of crap.
Probably something to do with authentication. Same reason the PS4 doesn't support legacy (PS3) controllers/steering wheels.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
My 10e with Android 9 will not work with the DS4 via the OTG cable, what a laod of crap. How many people can use this feature, the top 0.1% of Android owners?

Streaming to vita is still the best way to remote play because you can stream it directly from PS4. It runs perfectly as long as nothings downloading and you've set it up correctly. They need this feature on mobile.

Also Sony should bring out a dedicated streaming system, stream ps4/ps5 games directly from console and obviously ps now over net, be less of a risk than a vita 2, which I'd also love but sadly can't see happening.

Yeah perfect.. If you don't need to rely too much on the triggers, mapped to the back touchpad 😥

Top Bottom