• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy working on Sony exclusive

There a rumor that Doctor Strange will appear in Spiderman 2 in a side quest/easter or something, imagine if Sony is funding a Doctor Strange game with Remedy

Doctor-Strange-Avengers-Infinity-War-2018-doctor-strange-2016-42650148-268-165.gif
That could be super cool!

mortal

Gold Member
I love the Max Payne games, but no more Max Payne please. Some of you guys need to learn to move on, Remedy certainly did haha.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I really dig Control. Especially for their use of music - including vocals - during gameplay. Something about that always pleases me. I also loved the use of music in Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, Death Stranding, and RDR.

As for exclusivity, don't have a PS5 yet, but I will, so this is good news to me.
I'm stoked for the future day, in which I pick up PS5, with a large handful of exclusives I've looked forward to, and just diving in all weekend, non-stop. I got used to always playing the PS3 & 4 exclusives day one, so after a drought, well..it's going to be awesome.

In the meantime, GamePass with my friend is a blast. We are playing so much more than we would be otherwise, just hopping in & out of games we'd never heard of.

Last edited:
this news isn't really surprising. shuei Yoshida visited remedy a while ago so it's not difficult to imagine a deal might of been struck then and there. keep in mind he was also there visiting Housemarque games as well.

ZywyPL

Banned
I have a hard time believing this seeing how well financially Control did, solely because of being available on multiple platforms. I don't think Remedy will want to make an exclusive game ever again, unless they'll get a really huge stack of cash for doing so.

Varteras

Gold Member
I have a hard time believing this seeing how well financially Control did, solely because of being available on multiple platforms. I don't think Remedy will want to make an exclusive game ever again, unless they'll get a really huge stack of cash for doing so.
If it's true, Sony is likely fulling funding the game. Probably also paid them a profit in advance with performance bonuses. Plenty of examples of studios who made successful multi-platform titles but still developed an exclusive for a platform holder.

ZywyPL

Banned
If it's true, Sony is likely fulling funding the game. Probably also paid them a profit in advance with performance bonuses. Plenty of examples of studios who made successful multi-platform titles but still developed an exclusive for a platform holder.

Yeah, if true then that's probably how it went. That would go in line with the rumor/info that Sony reached pretty much all major 3rd party developers with some serious offers for exclusivity deals from not so long ago.

reksveks

I think if true, it's probably going to be a new IP. Think sequels of the existing IP are likely to come out from their deal with Epic, get to release on PC and both consoles that way.

martino

until content displease me I will take anything remedy produce whatever the platform so i'm ready

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Cool for them, but after playing Control I cannot say that I'm on board until they prove me wrong. Remedy's latest title had serious issues imo.
Nothing killed my desire to play the game than the stupid wannabe souls-like gameplay loop.

Immediately refunded.

So I'm in agreement with you, but probably for differing reasons.

GuinGuin

Banned
Nothing killed my desire to play the game than the stupid wannabe souls-like gameplay loop.

Immediately refunded.

So I'm in agreement with you, but probably for differing reasons.

It's not a souls like in any way shape or form. There are save points and you lose a small amount of xp at death. An almost inconsequential amount.

Top Bottom